November 1, 2014 | 1235 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Okay, so I agree with the masses that this soap smells absolutely scrumptious! It's honestly one of the best smelling soaps I've ever encountered. It's beautifully gourmand, but not sickeningly sweet, in my opinion. It doesn't smell like honey to me - more like toffee with a hint of citrus.

Unfortunately, I'm sad to say, I hate the way it makes my skin feel - while I'm using it and afterwards. It's SO drying that as I'm rinsing off the lather in the shower, my skin actually feels sticky. In the new Olay cleanser commercial, Carrie Underwood says that that "squeaky clean" feeling is actually residue. And if Carrie Underwood says it, it MUST be true. Haha, I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate or not, but it sure doesn't feel good. This stuff just completely saps my skin of all moisture. As good as this soap smells, I would probably never repurchase it because it simply doesn't do the job it's meant to do without parching my skin. If I were to repurchase it, I would buy a small chunk, slice it into little pieces, and use them to scent my dresser drawers and closet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm this soap is yummy. It has a mild sweet honeyish scent. Not my favorite scent from Lush but still helps me relax. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Jenny05

The scent of Honey I Washed the Kids is incredible. I love it because it's not an overpowering fruity scent like most of the soaps at Lush. Rubbing it against a loofah a couple of times will create a nice lather. I don't like how it makes my skin feel tight once I rinse and step out of the shower, but once my skin dries off completely it feels soft and moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

This is ok. I like the smell, my son likes it and I gave him a big chunk of it to use. I don't like the way my skin feels when I rinse it off...almost too clean? I know, that sounds crazy, but my skin is really dry, especially in the fall and winter, so I like a skin-softening soap and this is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

I love this soap! It smells incredible! So yummy! It doesn't dry out my skin and it's so creamy. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap it smells so good. after I was my hands with it i cant stop smelling them :). Will be buying more of this soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have used nothing but this as a bath soap for years. It is pricey and doesn't last that long, but I love the smell and how clean and soft my skin feels when I've used it. The honeycomb is a bit annoying, but I always find myself shelling out for another bar when it's finished.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't find this to be special in any way. I got it from a cute guy standing out in front of the Lush store handing out samples. He told me this was the most popular, and I know I have read a lot of reviews for it on here. Quite drying. The smell is ok, but nothing special. Doesn't really lather much. Don't like the way my skin feels when I am done showering with it. To me, definitely not worth the price it commands.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap isn't terrible, but I wasn't impressed. I bought it online due to the great reviews it received, but was disappointed in the small chunk that arrived. It smells of toffee with a hint of lemon, which is pleasant. I was expecting more of a honey smell, though. It is a bit drying but it's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix. I will stick to my Godmother soap for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Drying, overpriced and disapointing in so many ways. It was the first soap I bought from LUSH based on the rave reviews. I should've gotten the hint and never bother with any of their soaps again.. Won't repurchase.