MAC Refined Golden

4.1

on 7/23/2009 4:26:00 PM

I like this bronzer a lot. It is my second favorite to Solar Riche. It has more brown undertones and it is matte (even tho it has shimmer specs in the pot) and it suits my medium-olive skin tone very well. I'm looking forward to using this in the winter!! The staying power is great and I don't find that it rubs off at all, even when I hug my bf and rub my face in his shirt (not too hard of course) but it stays put, looks great on my skin tone, and doesn't oxidize on me. :)

on 7/7/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very good bronzer for me (I agree with the last reviewer, as I am an NC30) and it isn't too powdery- which is good. I like that it looks matte and it never looks orange on my skin. Overall, it is a good bronzer, but not my favorite.

on 7/7/2009 7:13:00 AM

Great bronzer on NC 30, it really works on my skintone. This is my favourite bronzer! It'll last forever too! I will repurchase this if something else doesn't catch my attention.

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As another reviewer has stated, this bronzer is definitely on the matte side. The golden sparkles (hence the name?) are nowhere to be seen once applied. That being said, this bronzer is just alright. Nothing spectacular, and definitely nothing worth the $20+ that it costs. I will use this all up just for the sake of not swapping/giving it away, but I won't repurchase.

on 6/21/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i like this bronzer though don't let the tiny glitters fool you, this is a bit to matte on me, but i like the color as its a true brown and not orange.

on 6/9/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this bronzer about 5 years ago so ive had it for quite some time. In the first couple months, it would give me a pretty natural looking glow but now it seems to have developed a 'hard skin' on the surface which means hardly any colour comes off onto the brush. Ive tried sratching the surface but nothing. maybe cuz its old but i havnt even hit pan on it. you would need to swirl the brush hard to get a hint of colour. Im already looking for a repacement. FYI im NC30.

on 6/7/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this everyday, only if I am feeling paler than usual, know I will be photographed, or if I am sick. It doesn't make me orange or dirty (hello Benefit Hoola!). It's actually very subtle. When I apply it I swirl *lightly* and tap off the excess. The color is buildable though which is nice. The packaging, however, is terrible. One little drop and they break into a million powdery pieces! I still use them if they are broken but it makes traveling with them impossible.

on 5/19/2009 7:26:00 PM

I had like 30 dollars on a Dillards gift card and I figured I wanted to spend it at MAC. One of the counter ladies convinced me to buy and bronzer, and she hooked me up with this one. I've used it quite a few times (but not daily) and I've come to know the following about this bronzer:
1. It does make me look orangey if I put too much. I am very very pale, which is why I have to use this bronzer sparingly
2. This bronzer makes me break out if left on too long. This is why I basically don't use it every single day. I start forming bumpiness on my cheeks. I think the way my oily skin reacts with the talc and mica in this product causes breakouts.
3. The case for this product is really cute and easy to travel with. (Bright neon orange snap case).
Overall, it's an ok product, but I feel like some covergirl bronzers better suited my skin condition and tone.

on 5/18/2009 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This bronzer is with me at all times in my purse! Its the perfect quick fix for anyone! If youre blessed with nice and even skin you can skip your foundation and use this alone! The warm golden shimmers will def draw any attention away from any imperfections and just give you that sunkissed glow you have always wanted! Ive been using this for two years and I will continue until i find something better!

on 5/18/2009 10:34:00 AM

I like this bronzer! A lot! I've been using Nars Laguna for years and I never really liked it but I couldn't find anything better. I tried so many bronzers without ever really being happy with anything (Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, etc.) I finally purchased this after reading the reviews from someone who has very similar coloring as me and the same Greek heritage. It was her HG, so I figured it was worth a try for me. This is definitely a bronzer upgrade - and it's cheaper than Nars!What more could I ask for? And although I've had problems with bronzers looking orangey on me, this never does. It looks more peachy and I really don't need to layer it with blush unless I want a brighter cheek.

Top Rated MAC Products