Mario Badescu silver powder

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

on 2/23/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Not the worst product but it was just not for me. Personally I find the application a bit too messy for my taste and the idea of wetting a cotton round or ball seems like an invitation for bacteria growth but I could be wrong. I think the Special Healing powder is a better option for me.

on 2/16/2010 4:54:00 PM

I had very high hopes for this product because of its stellar reviews and my love for Mario Badescu in general. Unfortunately for me, however, I saw no visible results, and it is such a pain to wash off. I have tried it again and again, using reviewers' various application suggestions, but I'm always disappointed. It also feels pretty harsh on my combination skin. (It is for this reason that I never liked pore strips either.) Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to banish the black pores from my t-zone...

on 2/9/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i love this a. but i have to say to NOT follow the directions. instead of taking it off with toner, take it off with warm water to keep the pores open, then extract (they come out sooo easily. no need to be rough with your skin to get it decongested). most of the congestion comes out aside from stubborn blackheads.
using this product once or twice weekly keeps my pores clear and seriously cuts out the congestion i fight regularly! the best ive found!
and yes, using biore strips aftterwards gives great results:)

on 1/16/2010 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

At first I did not think I would like dipping a wet cotton ball into the dry powder but what I found is that if you get the cotton ball wet and squeeze most of the water out then dip it into the powder you will have really good results. I use this once a week on my nose, forehead, and chin. I leave it on for approx 10-15 minutes and take it off with warm water, then I use biore strips on my nose and chin. If you have ever used biore stips in the past you know about how much you typically get off...you will be AMAZED how much more you will see on the little strip after using the silver powder. I would HIGHLY recommend this product!

on 1/12/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is awesome for blackhead-prone skin. It is a little messy to use and hard to rinse, but the payoff is well worth it. Keeps my skin clear without irritating my skin. My skin feels soft after rinsing, not stripped.I then apply my usual moisturizer. I found that its best to use a cotton swab to apply. My skin appears more balanced as far as oiliness goes too. Worth a shot.

on 1/10/2010 1:02:00 PM

i agree with prior reviews--i don't like dipping something wet into dry product. however the benefits far outweigh that one negative. this stuff rocks! i moisten a q-tip, dip it in the jar and then smooth it over my nose and forehead in a thin layer...leave on for 15-30 minutes and then use a toner to remove what i can and any remainder comes off with either the clarisonic brush or a scrub of some sort. big difference in the pesky little blackheads that plague me. super duper deal.

on 1/8/2010 11:36:00 PM

I bought this due to the reviews on here :)
So my boyfriend and I used this and we both love it! all the black heads on my nose were gone. I love treating my bf so I gave him a little facial. Now my bf doesn't have too much blackheads just a few and he loved it. The only down side is the packaging (messy) and hard to remove. Both times I've used it I kinda made a mess of taking it off. So next time I will use it before I shower. Now I will update again!

update: jan 29 2010
Still loving this! it still keeping clear of blackheads and dirt. I use this once a week. It leaves my skin soft and glowy after use.

Definitely a re purchase!

on 1/3/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used this product before getting into the shower actually once I'm in the shower I either use my finger or a moist cotton pad and pour a bit into the jar top and then dip the pad into it. Then I tap the product onto my face only on the areas prone to black heads, the nose, and cheek area. I've had amazing results. I let this sit on my skin for about 10-15 min, then scrub it off with generic Apricot scrub to get all the residue from the product off. Love this stuff and a little goes a long way. Just be careful of spillage and it will last you forever. Black heads have pretty much dried up. Combo to oily skin, sometimes acne prone depending on the weather. I'll buy again once this runs out. Maybe they should make this with a sifter, I'll just have to put in into a sifter jar myself to make it easier to work with.

I received this product today and I am in love! 90% of the blackheads on my nose (my only problem area on my combination face) are gone after one usage. Totally exceeded my expectations.

You use such a small amount of product and get great results. At $12 a jar, this one will last for years!

My only complaint concerns the packaging of this product. I dislike the idea of dipping a moistened cotton ball into a dry product. I tap a bit of it into my hand and put the cotton ball into it.

on 11/12/2009 4:18:00 PM

This product is good. It helps getting rid of blackheads, but too hard to wash off. Everytime I make a mess while using it, because it is powder!

Popular Masks