April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

I bought this due to the reviews on here :)
So my boyfriend and I used this and we both love it! all the black heads on my nose were gone. I love treating my bf so I gave him a little facial. Now my bf doesn't have too much blackheads just a few and he loved it. The only down side is the packaging (messy) and hard to remove. Both times I've used it I kinda made a mess of taking it off. So next time I will use it before I shower. Now I will update again!

update: jan 29 2010
Still loving this! it still keeping clear of blackheads and dirt. I use this once a week. It leaves my skin soft and glowy after use.

Definitely a re purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this product before getting into the shower actually once I'm in the shower I either use my finger or a moist cotton pad and pour a bit into the jar top and then dip the pad into it. Then I tap the product onto my face only on the areas prone to black heads, the nose, and cheek area. I've had amazing results. I let this sit on my skin for about 10-15 min, then scrub it off with generic Apricot scrub to get all the residue from the product off. Love this stuff and a little goes a long way. Just be careful of spillage and it will last you forever. Black heads have pretty much dried up. Combo to oily skin, sometimes acne prone depending on the weather. I'll buy again once this runs out. Maybe they should make this with a sifter, I'll just have to put in into a sifter jar myself to make it easier to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by TennesseeWaltz

I received this product today and I am in love! 90% of the blackheads on my nose (my only problem area on my combination face) are gone after one usage. Totally exceeded my expectations.

You use such a small amount of product and get great results. At $12 a jar, this one will last for years!

My only complaint concerns the packaging of this product. I dislike the idea of dipping a moistened cotton ball into a dry product. I tap a bit of it into my hand and put the cotton ball into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by buttercup3

This product is good. It helps getting rid of blackheads, but too hard to wash off. Everytime I make a mess while using it, because it is powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

The only thing I dislike about this product is that it's very difficult to remove.
I love what the result are though!
First I apply this to my entire face and leave it on for 15 minutes. I then rub off as much as possible and use a gel toner to remove the rest. After toning, I take two cotton pads and gently extract all the blackheads on my nose. They come out so easily that I barely have to squeeze. Once all of the blackheads are gone, I apply the silver powder to the extracted areas again. I leave on for 15 more minutes and remove. I follow with a toner and moisturizer. My nose is completely blackhead free and that is amazing as I have always had a lot of blackheads on my nose.
It's not an easy to use product, but it works well if you're willing to put in the time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far i havent noticed a huge difference with using this. Yes it has helped some break outs i have but not so much the blackheads that i have. It has seemed to reduce the size of the zits/pimples i have gotten which in my book makes it a winner.
On the other hand with the blackheads i dont notice a huge difference but on my nose[where most my black heads have made a home] i have noticed some area's look cleaner so it might be working but im not 100% sure yet.
I apply this as a mask all over my face. Just get a cotton ball or cotton pad wet then dip it in the powder[which is white not silver] and apply it all over my face. I leave it for 10 min then use my toner to take it off. Whatever doesnt come off/ stays in the pores i leave until later.
It feels like it's tighting where ever alot of my larger pores are and it kinda gives my face this super clean feeling when im done. It also has seemed to even out my complexion.
Only thing i dis like so far with this product is when it drys the powder kinda flakes off the skin so it is kinda messy waiting for the 10 min's to be up.
I take it off bye first kind of wiping a tissue all over my face to get the extra powder off my face then using a toner to take whatever actually stayed stuck to my face[uses way less toner this way i found out]
This product is slightly drying [great for oily skin maybe not so great for dry] and i do use a moisturizer after i take it off.

There's alot of product so it should last a long time. You dont need a ton.
And as stated before i found out this is easier to apply by getting a cotton pad/ball damp, dipping in the product then spreading across the face.

So, so far so good

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by chismaks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

have been using this product for a few months. I have been using it once a week. I tried it when i had my acne breakout, this product help lessen my acne and make my face less irritated.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by panadol4thepartyfever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have fairly noticeable blackheads on my nose and on my cheeks.After one year of using this product , my blackheads did not diminish at all.

I tried the silver powder/pore strips combo.Yes, by using silver powder before the pore strips does remove more gunk but on my nose...I couldn't see dramatic difference.
However my mum did comment that my face look brighter after using the powder..I didn't see the difference.

It's messy as it dries because it leaves white powder everywhere but one redeeming quality is that I think it helps to dry out my pimples and it feels relatively "deep cleansing".But it's too much of a bother.It's really hard to get off and the mess it leaves on my desk while i wait for it to dry is gross plus it did not reduce that many blackheads to justify the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing such good things about this, as a blackhead "victim" I thought me and this would get along better then nutella and crepes.
At the moment I am not 100% satisfied with this. I have a city of blackheads, and they're pretty noticeable. I was hoping that this would be a great temporary solution, better than pore strips.

To be honest, biore pore strips work better for me.

The pros:
-draws blackheads to the surface, so extracting is easier

The Cons:
-a pain to take off, residue will stay
-messy
-slightly drying (but will be good for very oily skins)
-has not done anything for the milia under my eye :(
-powder, if inhaled isn't a good thing

Yes, the cons out balance the pros, but i am still going to finish this. If i am still not satisfied by then, then I will not buy this again.

I will keep you all updated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by acbaker82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this powder. It does a good job dissolving the little black heads on my nose, but the tub seems a little unsanitary, dipping a wet cotton ball into it every time you want to use it, and it is really messy. You have to apply this stuff to clean dry skin, but then the stuff sticks to your skin so bad, you have to wash and tone your skin all over again. I don't know how much toner I had to use to get the white gunk off. I am sure I can find something else to dissolve the blackheads as well without the fuss. I don't think I will buy this again unless I have to.