Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

I just bought this product yesterday and tested it out last night, and i can certainly say that this product did wonders for my blackheads. I have spent years trying to get rid of these pesky blackhead around my nose, and finally i stumbled across something that really works. I heard that the glue from the strips actually creates more blackheads, and it is true after i started using the strips some 12 years ago my pores got larger and blackheads galore. I stopped using it immediately but nothing would remove it except this stuff.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i have tried just about everything over the years to get rid of the stubborn blackheads on my nose, and this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked significantly. its a pain to apply, super messy and hard to remove, but it works, so i can't complain. i use it about once a week (and now all over my face, not just on my nose) and it cleans everything out of my pores. amazing stuff. definitely worth a try.

edit// i found an easier, less messy way to apply this. i pour a little in my hand (but you could pour it in a dish or something, but i hate to waste product) and sprinkle just enough water on it to make a paste and apply that to my face directly. this way i don't get dry little white powder flake all over, and it applies much more evenly than the way the directions say.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I use this for spot treating pimples and it work phenomenally! I take a q-tip, run one side under water, stink in the the powder, and apply to my face. Usually I sleep with it on and it rubs off over night, but you definitely won't have that pimple in the morning! One night, I felt a huge pimple coming. The ones that really REALLY hurt, yaknow? So I took some of this stuff, put it on, and bam! The area was spotless! :D :D Love love love!

I think it does not really clean my pores thoroughly, but instead just whitens them up. I use it in combination with other stuff to clear them up first and then whiten them up a bit for a cleaner look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this product because it srinks my pores, and so it reduces my oil. The only thing I would say about this product it that it's hard to put on and take off, but I think it's worth it.

I've been using Silver Powder for two weeks now, twice a week and have been impressed.

I have very large, clogged pores on my nose and have tried all sorts of treatments with limited success.

My biggest criticism of the powder is how messy it is to apply (be really careful not to spill it as it takes forever to clear up!), however I think the results are worth it. Taking advice from other reviewers I apply the powder then use a pore strip to help extract the gunk.

The pore strips remove about 40% more gunk than before and when I look in a magnifying mirror afterwards I can definitely see the difference.

After two weeks my pores are looking a lot better. I still have blackheads and blocked pores, but there are definitely fewer of them and overall the skin on my nose is looking a lot clearer.

This product really dod nothing for me. To minamize any mess and flaking I put some of the powder in the lid then applied it with a wet q-tip. I left it on for 10-15 minutes then removed it. It didn't really unclog my pores (my pores aren't very big so that might have had something to do with it), it did however brighten my skin. Now mu hubby has blackheads visably and he tried it. We noticed an immediate difference in his face. We were so excited, until we noticed hours later his skin looked exactly the same BEFORE he used the powder. End result, the effects only lasted a few hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Not the worst product but it was just not for me. Personally I find the application a bit too messy for my taste and the idea of wetting a cotton round or ball seems like an invitation for bacteria growth but I could be wrong. I think the Special Healing powder is a better option for me.

I had very high hopes for this product because of its stellar reviews and my love for Mario Badescu in general. Unfortunately for me, however, I saw no visible results, and it is such a pain to wash off. I have tried it again and again, using reviewers' various application suggestions, but I'm always disappointed. It also feels pretty harsh on my combination skin. (It is for this reason that I never liked pore strips either.) Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to banish the black pores from my t-zone...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i love this a. but i have to say to NOT follow the directions. instead of taking it off with toner, take it off with warm water to keep the pores open, then extract (they come out sooo easily. no need to be rough with your skin to get it decongested). most of the congestion comes out aside from stubborn blackheads.
using this product once or twice weekly keeps my pores clear and seriously cuts out the congestion i fight regularly! the best ive found!
and yes, using biore strips aftterwards gives great results:)

Popular Masks