July 25, 2014 | 1265 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by agad

I actually liked the texture, it didn't feel greasy at all and it did sink in quickly. Unfortunately, after a couple of uses I developed a reaction. The skin on my chin became very dry and scaly. I am not brave enough to try it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by minanmi

An ok product...this TM goes on quite thick, and I found that it settled in my pores. My face also got very oily throughout the day with this product...might be better as a fall/winter product. But in general, will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BuBBle_29

Clinique supercity sunblock is good for mi...It has spf25 and it's oil free...Looks matt too...I dun suffer any breakout using this...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2005 3:28:00 PM More reviews by serenpo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mother using it for over a decade and she swear by it. I've tried before and the texture is quite light and it moisturize the face as well. Good protector against the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2005 9:38:00 AM More reviews by alison7711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I'm not a fan of clinique but this is my HG! I have dry sometimes combo skin that is very sensitive. I use this every day even in the witner. The color is SO natural on my fair skin so i just blot with powder after since i don't need makeup with this. It evens out redness too! Love it, and for about $14 this is a great buy since it will last you months. Totally worth it, I'll seriously cry if they ever discontinue or change it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2005 6:57:00 AM More reviews by ekubo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It feels very light and comfortable on the skin and doesn't dry me out or make me oily throughout the day. In fact, my combo to dry skin was "just right" the whole day! Does leave a slight cast due to titianian oxide, but I use powder over it and it easily corrects that. It also contains antioxidants which make it unique because a lot of them do not. If you are oily, you don't even need a separate moistruizer.

HOWEVER, as many reviews have mentioned, the UVA protection is on the low side. The protection is about PA+ only, which, to give you some comparison, Shiseido's SPF 34 is about PA++ while its SPF 50+ is PA+++, while European sunscreens are even higher. I use other sunscreens that have much higher UVA protection like Shiseido and vichy. But shiseido seriously dry me out and the vichy is soooo heavy and oily. So I might repurchase this one , but only wear it in the winter on cloudy days, or late in the afternoon when the sun isn't so strong. Why can't sunscreens feel like the supercity block but have the protection of european sunblocks?? I guess I can only hope...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by flippyskippy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would like this but I was wrong. For starters, it was pretty greasy on me and my skin is not oily these days. I can live with that but I can't live with the white cast it left. I did sink in after a good while but I took it back to Clinique after one day. Just doesn't work for us DDDs. To finish on a good note, it was moisturizing enough on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by greatwhitenorth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a few days but I'm loving it so far! The UVA protection isn't the greatest with this, but it's wonderfully non-greasy, provides *just* enough moisture for my combo skin, doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin and my makeup goes on beautifully over it.

If it doesn't break me out in the next week or so, it's a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by petitebubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this, especially the tinted one, because it made it possible for me to go without foundation. I also had this notion that, as a New Yorker, it was protecting me from pollution. However, SPF 25 doesn't do it for this fair-skinned Irish-American girl. If you don't mind the low SPF factor though, it's not as greasy as most sunscreens and it doesn't make you look pasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about two years, and I'm still in love. It provides a fairly matte, non-greasy finish, and this is the only sunscreen which has never caused me to break out. The tint is a little bit too dark for my PPP skin, but it's not very noticable. I love opaque packaging is great because it means the antioxidants are protected. HG.

*Update*
Not using this anymore as I find it's easier using a moisturiser with sunscreen built into it (Ultraceuticals 30+)