BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe I paid so much for this product ($53AU), but I'd heard so many good reviews on it, I had to try it.

This is my first try of a proper brow product. Previously I'd been using awful brow pencils.

The wax is great - it "stains" your eyebrows & skin brown. I think you could probably get away with just using the wax, but the powder does help fill in your brows. The wax doesn't really hold my brows in place.

Make sure you practice first to see what works for you.

As some other reviewers have said, the powder does have a "reddish" tinge. I find this happens when you try and "create" a dramatic eyebrow that you don't have, so just follow your natrual brow & don't try to elaborate too much.

Another thing that other reviewers have said (thanks guys!) is how bad the brushes are, well I don't think they're too bad - they do a good job - but I bought a Smashbox #12 brow brush & WOW! The better brush makes it so much easier to apply. You get a much better application as you have more control!

I recommend Brow Zings, I will be trying Smashbox Brow Tech as well so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference between the products.

Edit: I'm using both Brow Zings & Brow Tech but prefer Brow Zings. The colour is much closer to my eyebrows & looks more natural.

I have an old version of this product that only has the cream part; no powder. I any case, I have been using this for at least 4 years. I should probably toss it out but it appears fine and I disinfect it every now and then.

In any case, I LOVE this product. It is dark but not shockingly so and gives me nice, defined brows that make my eyes pop. It applies easily and smoothly. I could never use anything else.

Maybe it's just because I dislike powder brow items...but I really wanted to like this...I just cannot! I know how to use the product wax/powder combo...but I just hate the appearance. I feel that I can always tell... :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product on my brows for years! Buying one lasted me a couple years because I didn't use it everyday. I apply the wax part first and use the powder to set it. The color never fades and will stay on until I wash it off. A little goes a long way so apply sparingly. The only thing I don't like are the tiny tweezers and brushes that come with it. They're crap! They should get rid of those in the packaging and bring down the price a little.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What did I ever do without this product...Fills in my sparse eyebrows and with a shape up from the Benefit counter at my local Ulta it was amazing...Will never go without this product again...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product functions very well. The wax is good to groom your brows into the shape you want them, and the powder sets the wax. High cost is a drawback, as are the almost non-functioning tiny tweezers and brushes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

ive been using this product for aboout 3 months and i have to say its still full. its worth the money you spend because you dnt run out as easily. it goes on really well you can use it as a liner or on your brows. u can even use the powder as a shadow. this is a great product if your used to doing your make up for work in 15 min. or less like me.

Love this eye brow kit, for various reasons.

Price runs high for just an eyebrow kit, but if you delve further, you will see why. Kit comes with:

1 eyebrow tweezer - have had mine for 3 years and it has not 'dulled' like some tweezers over time. Only con is that it is particularly small so your hands might cramp up from tweezing for too long.

1 eyebrow powder/1 eyebrow gel - If you put just gel alone, you get a very natural look. Add powder over it and the color darkens I want to say by 2 times. This look ends up looking very unnatural if you have on light make-up just for a stroll in the park, so to avoid that I'd use the gel alone. However, a heavy night out clubbing or out in town, the powder helps set the gel and lengthens the wear.

2 eye brow brush applicators - One brush is angled, and you can use it for eyeliners too. The other is flat. Both come in handy for application with either gel or powder. Great quality.

Casing is black and has a mirror on the inside so you can do your brows anywhere - subway, park, class =).

So you can see that while the price is moderately high, for what you get, it is worth the price. I believe it's around $30 or high 20s.

If you use this product and are satisfied with just the gel and have no need for the other accessories it comes with, Laura Mercier has an eyebrow gel pot, that comes in three shades. it runs at only 20$ and has twice the amount of gel product than brow zings, so that can be your other vice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

In all honesty, this product works pretty well, but the price is definitely not justified. I find that using any brown matte eyeshadow works just as well (since it's the same thing) and I never used the gel because it gave my brows a greasy look. The tweezers are pretty bad, but the brushes are pretty good. Overall, it works, but you can dupe it really easily for much lower prices.

I love this product! My eyebrows have a tendency of growing back quickly and becoming unruley, and this wax and cute little tweezer that's with it really put them back in place in a natural colour so they dont look tattoed on! Fantastic!

Popular Brows Products