Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 6/23/2010 11:51:00 AM

I like but don't love this scrub. It is definitely gentle. But not gentle enough for everyday use as the instructions say. My skin isn't super sensitive and I felt irritated after using this once a day for five days. I do think it would be good for sensitive skin for once or twice/week use. I like thatt there are microbeads as opposed to crushed shells in this scrub. My face feels really smooth after and moisturizers absorb nicely. I has never caused a weird reaction or breakout in my skin.There is no funky smell to this. It does not brighten my skin but I wasn't really expecting that. I can't really see myself buying this again just because I think there are other scrubs better suited for my skin.

on 6/7/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

this is a VERY gentle scrub, the beads are tiny and the scent isn't harsh at all. it's good for ppl with sensitive skin.... which isn't me i guess cuz this scrub sort of left me wanting MORE "scrubbiness"; i felt unsatisfied with the amount of exfoliation. i gave this a pretty high rating though, because it really is ideal for sensitive skin and you can use it everyday without getting irritated.... just not for me though.

on 6/3/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this facial scrub it works great!! it has those fine,sand like beads to exfoliate your skin,,which does not feel abrasive at all..it's got a very nice smell to it that just makes me wanna keep exfoliating forever lol,,after washing it off you are left with baby soft and smooth skin...the reason i took off one lippy is because it doesn't deliver on the "skin brightening" part,,if aveeno hadn't put that claim up there i would totally rate it 5/5,,companies; stop misleading the consumers!!

I really did my DS research on this beforehand, besides seeing that this was named as being Instyle's 2010 Best Beauty Buy for sensitive skin scrubs. The majority of other scrubs-Clean and Clear Morning Burst, Garnier or Neutrogena ones had bigger micro-beads. I'd also tried St Ives, which was so harsh as to be ridiculous. For a similar price-point, this one seemed like a reasonable choice (especially since I think that the Aveeno line in general is seriously over-priced-and manufactured by Johnson&Johnson-who are known to test on animals). Anyway, this is a pleasant little scrub. There are two issues that stand out for me about this: 1. fragrance 2. rinsability. While this applies nicely and essentially does what it should, it takes a lot of rinsing to remove all traces. Fortunately, I typically follow this with my Givenchy Tone It Tender, since I live in a city with really harsh, hard tap-water. As to the fragrance-it's pleasant enough, but does linger a bit and seems a little superfluous to the scrub's performance. I use this nightly, and that's more than frequent enough for me. It doesn't irritate me or break me out. Relatively gentle as far as facial scrubs go. Or, I'll alternate my using this scrub with a regular normal/combination skin cleanser. For around US$8 it's reasonably priced, since the tube usually lasts me for 3-6 months (used sparingly). Will not repurchase simply because I prefer variety in my skin care regime, and am often looking to try new products.

on 4/23/2010 2:25:00 PM

I really really like this scrub.
The beads are tiny! Which is not harsh at all on my skin!
I think it can't be used daily unless you have very rough skin. I usually use it twice a week, but I think once every two days is fine.
I highly recommend this! It makes my skin very soft and smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this scrub after reading reviews on how gentle it was. I have really sensitive skin so I rarely use this kind of product, but this was pretty gentle and didn't irritate my skin. It smells nice, left my skin soft and didn't break my out either. The only thing I don't like is it takes a while to wash off and I can never really tell if I've rinsed off all of the product or not. Ok product overall but I probably wouldn't purchase it again.

on 4/15/2010 12:36:00 PM

I bought this product because it was 1/2 off at Target and I wanted a gentle scrub. The beads in this are very fine so it doesn't have a gritty feel at all. My skin does seem soft afterward but the scrub isn't great for getting rid of blackheads. It is pretty gentle so you could use it everyday and the scent is nice. If you want just gentle exfoliating I would rather use a soft wash cloth and a good cleanser than paying extra for two products. I do like this but probably won't repurchase.

on 4/9/2010 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I tried this because my sister gave it to me because she has too many products. The smell is great and it's not as painful as St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It gentle yet effective. Unlike St.Ives, it can be used everyday. It cost more than most drugstore scrubs. I would buy this again after I finish my Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub.

on 4/9/2010 3:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Before purchasing this, I was using the St. Ives apricot scrub. While it was definitely a great exfoliator, it was just too harsh on my dry, sensitive skin. After having such good luck with other Aveeno products, I decided to try this. The scent is really nice! It's much lighter and slightly sweeter than the scent of the moisturizer. The scrub is gentle and I get just as good results as I did with the apricot scrub... Without the harsh drying and redness. I use this every other day and switch off with the Aveeno foaming cleanser. Will repurchase! Aveeno continues to impress me.

on 2/16/2010 3:37:00 PM

I've used this product for about 2 years, and I did brighten my skin and circulated my blood. However, my skin would regenerate itself and would go back to my skin tone. So it doesn't brighten your skin, even though it claims to. The smell is a lemon scent and it's pretty strong, but it's not bothering to me, because I like it. The packaging isn't so great. The first time I bought it it was super hard to open the cap. The price for this I don't remember, but I can guess that is was pretty cheap, but it wasn't that cheap. Especially if you compare the product with the results you get.. The beads in this 'scrub' are pretty tiny, but you can still feel it exfoliating your skin. It removes a sufficient amount of makeup. I recommend this to people who just want a nice 'cleanser' just to cleanse their face (=
Hope this helped!