October 31, 2014 | 845 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by plastic_apple

I bought this scrub after reading reviews on how gentle it was. I have really sensitive skin so I rarely use this kind of product, but this was pretty gentle and didn't irritate my skin. It smells nice, left my skin soft and didn't break my out either. The only thing I don't like is it takes a while to wash off and I can never really tell if I've rinsed off all of the product or not. Ok product overall but I probably wouldn't purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product because it was 1/2 off at Target and I wanted a gentle scrub. The beads in this are very fine so it doesn't have a gritty feel at all. My skin does seem soft afterward but the scrub isn't great for getting rid of blackheads. It is pretty gentle so you could use it everyday and the scent is nice. If you want just gentle exfoliating I would rather use a soft wash cloth and a good cleanser than paying extra for two products. I do like this but probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this because my sister gave it to me because she has too many products. The smell is great and it's not as painful as St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It gentle yet effective. Unlike St.Ives, it can be used everyday. It cost more than most drugstore scrubs. I would buy this again after I finish my Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Before purchasing this, I was using the St. Ives apricot scrub. While it was definitely a great exfoliator, it was just too harsh on my dry, sensitive skin. After having such good luck with other Aveeno products, I decided to try this. The scent is really nice! It's much lighter and slightly sweeter than the scent of the moisturizer. The scrub is gentle and I get just as good results as I did with the apricot scrub... Without the harsh drying and redness. I use this every other day and switch off with the Aveeno foaming cleanser. Will repurchase! Aveeno continues to impress me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Moleekaah

I've used this product for about 2 years, and I did brighten my skin and circulated my blood. However, my skin would regenerate itself and would go back to my skin tone. So it doesn't brighten your skin, even though it claims to. The smell is a lemon scent and it's pretty strong, but it's not bothering to me, because I like it. The packaging isn't so great. The first time I bought it it was super hard to open the cap. The price for this I don't remember, but I can guess that is was pretty cheap, but it wasn't that cheap. Especially if you compare the product with the results you get.. The beads in this 'scrub' are pretty tiny, but you can still feel it exfoliating your skin. It removes a sufficient amount of makeup. I recommend this to people who just want a nice 'cleanser' just to cleanse their face (=
Hope this helped!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was just an ok exfoliant. The granules are not too big, but I still found it to be slightly abrasive if you have sensitive skin or are breaking out, so I ended up finishing it up on my chest. I also did not see any brightening properties even after using half the tube, and the scent is very strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiebelly7905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have sensitive skin and usually most exfoliating products are too harsh for my skin but the beads in this product are so small, like sand, that even rubbing a little harder doesn't irritate my skin and cleans well. The smell is divine; it just wakes you up in the morning. As for the skin brightening, I don't really notice a difference but it is definately a great cleanser. Have purchased it 4 times already and will continue to buy again. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LovableIris

When I first used this, I liked it. My complexion was a bit brighter, but maybe that was just me. The second time I bought it...well, it did nothing. I didn't notice any change. Plus, I bought this for like $16. It feels nice on your face and has a pleasant smell and all but I think that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mascds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this scrub. It isn't too harsh like some scrubs. Geeze, some of em really hurt! This smells good and gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this scrub. I use it morning and night after Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and my face is beginning to clear up and become smoother, softer, and more even in tone. It has no soap and no apparent fragrance, so that helps a lot if you're sensitive. The Purpose helps remove my makeup and the scrub helps with any drying on my face. I follow my whole routine with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15 with Alpha Hydroxy. This helps finish the whole routine and give my skin the look and feel I like.