Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream

3.5

Purified water; tridecyl stearate, tridecyl trimellitate, dipentaerythrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, coconut oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, sorbitol, isocetyl stearate, bisabolol, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, oleth-10 phosphate, tea-carbomer, stearyl alcohol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

on 5/3/2010 2:13:00 PM

I wet my face before using this scrub and massage it on my face gently. The beads are quite fine, compared to the other scrubs out there. It's easy to smooth and not tough on the skin. After rinse it off, I would use a really mild cleanser to wash my face again. I feel my skin so soft and clean. Also, it doesn't dry out my skin, which is a big plus.

on 5/3/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Amazing. I have really big pores around my nose that often get clogged and lead to rough skin around that area but this leaves it soft and unclogged. A gorgeous clean feeling. Dramatically Moisturising Moisturiser by Clinique also goes perfectly afterwards.

on 4/12/2010 12:07:00 PM

Originally I gave this a negative review but it is important how you use this. You need to use this on a clean face, after washing. You then follow up with Clinique's 3 step. The soap will remove any left over scrub that rinsing did not get rid of. After the 3 step your skin really is smooth and glowy and makeup applies better. I think it's a lot gentler than using microderm products.

on 3/24/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an oil-based topical scrub for dry to very dry skin. It's difficult to rinse unless you have a washcloth or are in the shower. It does do its job of exfoliating, with polyethylene beads which do the job gently.

However, I don't like the product because it FEELS very harsh against my skin, and is pretty pricey considering its mediocrity.

I actually got a promo coupon in my Allure magazine for a free deluxe size tube of this 7-day scrub (with the purchase of any item at Clinique) NOW i'm hooked. It's a necessity in my facial routine. I don't use it everyday, more like every 2 days. It leaves my skin looking fresh and vibrant and gently scrubs away all the dead skin and build up.

on 1/21/2010 12:58:00 PM

When I first tried this scrub in my oily youth, I absolutely hated it. It left (and still leaves) a thick greasy layer on my face even after I rinse. But now that I'm older and drier, I can see the advantage. I use this now only in the winter and once or twice a week, but I have to follow with a quick wash with Dove or some other cleanser to get most of the grease layer off. After that, my face feels really good - well exfoliated and moisturized. In summer I prefer the exfoliating scrub for the the powerful scrubbing action. This one has fewer beads/scrubbies and tons more emolients.

on 12/16/2009 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this as a GWP and have been using it every 2-3 days for the last couple of weeks, and probably still have another two or more weeks to go before it's near gone. What I really like about this scrub is that it's abrasive without being too harsh. My serum and moisturizer gllliiiide over my skin and absorb beautifully. I have very dry skin and I like that this scrub actually adds moisture as it scruffs away dry, flaky skin, leaving me with soft, plump skin. I definitely recommend it to dry - very dry skin types looking for a manual exfoliant because it will not accentuate dryness and actually adds moisture. I think that, for this reason, it is also an *amazing* lip scrub! My lips flake all the time in the winter and this has been helping a lot with that. I will definitely buy the full sized product when this 1oz tube is gone, unless I see that it's in another GWP; I'll buy something else I want and just get another free tube that will last me a month or more. :) I'd like to note that I use AHA. On days when I pair this with my AHA, my skin looks gorgeous, smooth, and feels soft to the touch. I'm more of a chemical exfoliant girl, but will be using this from now on because it has its merits.

on 11/13/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This scrub just isn't packed with enough scrubbing particles, though the ones it comes with are round and fine. I just find that its too sparse even for everyday usage and would recommend the Clinique Super Exfoliating scrub over this one.

on 11/3/2009 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hands down, best freakin' exfoliator I have ever used in my life! It's so amazing, smaller beads that really exfoliate well, but it is not harsh at all, skin feels refreshed and clean afterward. I highly reccomend!

on 10/26/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at the bad reviews for this product, it's my HG facial scrub. I've tried lots of different brands but 7DSC is the best for me. The consistancy is what sets it apart from others imo. The granules are densely packed into the cream so you don't feel as if you just rub them off your face after ten seconds. As long as my skin is just damp and not wet or dry it works really well. I recommend wringing out a damp cloth and wiping off any excess water from your face. This creates the ideal conditions so that the cream moves smoothly over your face as you rub it in and doesn't feel too rough or not rough enough! Used twice a week, rubbed in for about a minute my skin feels smooth and soft, and it rinses off easily. Another bonus of this product is Clinique usually gives it away with their GWP so the last 4 or 5 tubes I've had of this have been free!