November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ellyforever

Okay, I really loved this product in the store, and thought that even though it was expensive it was worth it, and I got compliments all day after the lady put it on, and i was realllyyy happy i looked flawless ! but then when i got home and pout it on, it didnt look the same. then i remembered that the lady not only put on this foundation for me, but she also used primer, concealer, and a pressed powder to set it. I didn't hve enough money for that, and i also dont use their brushes. also, after a while, it started to look really oily, and it reminded me of the maybelline fit me. im really pale with pinkish undertones, so this product ws kind of eh for me, and it was the only one out of ALL of the clinique foundations that sort of fit me. im that white lol, seriously. so...yeah, i was disapointed. because im usually not oily...at all, i used to have normal skin, but now its combination. i give it a three, because maybe its just not for me, and aybe im just using it wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by apricotcloud

Well, what can I say. This was a massive disappointment for me. I am always on the hunt for a good foundation. I have oily/combo skin and I work out lots so I need a foundation that stays put through sweat/in the pool/in the sauna etc - it's fair to say I put my make up through a LOT!

First impressions of this foundation were good - I like the glass bottle, but yes a pump would be handy. The shade is pretty (Alabaster) for pale skins but more on the pink side, not really suitable for my NW15 yellow undertoned skin.

The worst thing was the consistency/coverage of the product. It just feels so meek and watery. It is so bad! I can't see how anyone would call this medium coverage, I'd liken it more to a sheer tinted moisturiser or BB cream.

I would never purchase this again.

My favourite foundations for reference are: Revlon Colorstay (although feels a bit thick but great coverage and range of shades, I personally wear 'Buff') ELDW (but again, feels a bit heavy) and Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (AMAZING, I think I will go back to this now) also Gosh and UNE have decent long lasting foundations but Clinique have really missed a trick here.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very pale (between MAC NW15 and NW20) and I am using Superbalanced in Alabaster (27). I am notu sure, if this shade is available in Europe, I bought this one in the US, where the shade range seems to be bigger.
According to the Clinique classification I am skin type 2, dry combination skin. My skin isnít really flaky dry, more normal on the cheeks and a bit oily in the T-zone (but rarely break outs or spots). This foundation is supposed to balance the differences between the single different areas of the face. In my case it does the job very well. It does moisture my cheeks and my T-zone doesnít get oily at all the whole day. I donít even put powder on the top of it. Like this it gives quite a dewy juicy finish to the skin. A couple of times I powder over and the skin was feeling dry and tense. The same happened when I used this product in winter, when my skin tends to be less oily.
The only negative point is the packaging. The glass jar without pump isnít practical at all and when you have less than a half left itís a problem to get the product out of it. Quite often it happens that too much comes out and I need to wipe it away because obviously I have only one face to put it on :-)
For me the Superbalanced Foundation is a perfect one, it matches my skin tone perfectly. It has a medium coverage I would say. I donít even need any concealing with it. The skin feels very nice and natural, I hardly feel I have anything on.
I recommend this product definitely, just be careful with the skin type, in general this would suit the people with oilier skin I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a good product. I wouldn't really say that there is anything too special about this foundation, except the title isn't really telling the truth. "Superbalanced" isn't the deal here. It does moisturize the dry parts of my face, so that's nice, but it does nothing to control the oil on the rest of my face. That's the reason this gets 4 stars. It's actually kind of a clash- the moisturizing element and the oil...ugh. Other than that, it's got a nice matte finish for the face and has relatively good coverage. It has yellow undertones and it does have a slghtly annoying lack of pump or dispenser. To dispense a good amount, just shake it (cap closed) and a ton of product will come up to the top. It does come in a really cute frosted glass bottle tho :3 It is a more high end product, I paid $24 for it but it's a good buy, just nothing too special.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by reeree77

This is the second Clinique liquid makeup I have tried. My first try was Clinique's even better foundation. And while I loved the staying power and the finish of this foundation, It still dried out around my nose area. I have serious combination skin, where I'm oily almost everywhere on my face, but get really dry and flaky around my nose and sometimes at the corner of my mouth. So I thought I would try the Superbalanced since I'd heard so much about it and it's for combination skin.

It claims to moisturize your dry areas while absorbing oil in those areas you get oily. It also claims to be long wearing and water-resistant.

I gave the overall rating a 3 just because the makeup had a nice finish after applying it. I applied it with my ELF powder brush (I always apply my foundation with this brush because I absolutely love it). It actually worked a little bit with my oily areas. However, I found that it dried out the area around my nose even worse than the Clinique Even Better Foundation, and after a few hours it the covereage wasn't as good and almost looked cakey on my chin. I'm definitely not saying this is a horrible foundation, (i've definitely had worse), however, it just didn't work well enough for me. So I wouldn't necessarily buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice lightweight makeup with good coverage.I found that my skin was too oily for this, but I really liked the finish, and the feel of it when I first applied it. I also wish the formula came in a squeeze tube, or had a pump instead of the open mouth to make it easier to take out. I used the lightest shade which I think is Breeze. I so wish that this didn't make my skin oilier but I think I might be stuck with my mineral powder makeup for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lylalies

I think this is a great foundation, i've been using Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation for a long time but I think this is a much cheaper option that gives you the same results. I doesn't make me oily (I have combination skin, oily t-zone) and it looks very natural. Like the Bobby Brown's this is not completely matte, but I think this is why it looks so natural. No one's skin looks like that, after all. I've read some reviews saying that this foundations transfers, but that's not a problem with me, I don't know if its because of the powder I use for setting it (Aveda's Inner Light Dual Foundation).

I do need, however, to use concealer with this foundation, but I don't mind. The color range is very limited, the lightest shade is not exactley a perfect match for me, but I can make it work. I've heard so many compliments on my skin lately and this is the only thing I've been doing differently. I apply this foundation with the elf powder brush and they work great together, I also used the Sephora's airbrush precision foundation brush (56) with good results. I think I'm going to go to MAC to buy a pump, wich I've read is not expensive at all.

Overall a good foundation, if you have the type of skin for it. Extremely oily skins are not going to like it, normal to oily, I think, will enjoy it. I'm not sure of how it would work for dry skins, but as its not completely matte it might be a good option. I love it, I still love Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, but for half the price I prefer this one. If you have extremely fair skin, then go for BB they have a great range of colors, Alabaster and Porcelain are great for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by chiinkyb

The Clinique Superbalanced liquid foundation is a light formula which gives a sheer to medium coverage. It is ideal for everyday use if you are looking for an everyday liquid foundation. The product claims to be an oil absorber and also moisturise dry spots in your face, it is especially formulated for people who have combination skin. Personally I think the "superbalance" claim is true, the foundation does moisture the spots on my skin of course with the help of a moisturiser but it smooths it out which I love. It also absorbs oil from my skin which I also love. However, the problem about the product is that it transfers! You touch your face, the product transfers on your hand, you cheek to cheek with someone, it transfers. So this is a definite no repurchase for me. The finish is on the matte/dewy side which I don't quiet like but many do like it. I personally like what does but I don't like how it looks and how it transfers. If you are considering to buy this product think again as there are many other better products out there which are better! This retails for $65 which is a little bit expensive but not too expensive..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I paid full Australian RRP of $50 for this foundation, hence my 4/5 rating for price.

PACKAGING: I've given the packaging quality a 4/5 because I like the look of the matte frosted glass bottle, the white print, and simple font. To me it looks very sophisticated (I'm a bit of a packaging snob; I can't stand products with cheap looking packaging). However, not having a pump isn't very practical, like others have said. It is easy enough to tap the bottle and slowly pour out a small amount, though.

FINISH: midway between matte and dewy, leaning closer to dewy. Didn't do a very good job of covering an oily t-zone (I have sensitive combination skin, FYI)

COVERAGE: not enough! If you are needing decent coverage, avoid this foundation. The only coverage I really need is for the redness in my cheeks and nose, but Superbalanced is hopeless at covering that up. The more I try to build up (in thin layers) to cover my redness, the more uneven the texture got (ie kinda patchy, balled-up). I'd say this provides light to light-medium level coverage.

SHADES: I was matched (not very well, I might add..) to the lightest shade, Alabaster. Alabaster has neutral undertones, according to Clinique, but it is actually quite a yellow looking shade. My regular foundation shade depth is Illamasqua 120/ Illamasqua Skin Base 6, and I have cool pink undertones.

LASTING POWER: Not great. I gave my bottle of Superbalanced to a friend a few months ago, so my memory of its lasting power isn't great, but I do remember that I was never impressed by how long it lasted. Before mid-day (after applying it early morning, around 6:30-7) I'd need to blot my t-zone or touch up with powder.

So, in conclusion - not the foundation for me! I'm not *completely* dissing Superbalanced here, I'm just saying that for me; as someone cool-toned and pale, needing redness coverage, and with a slightly oily t-zone; I wasn't impressed. My friend however (she is not as fussy as I am with cosmetics, nor is she experienced with quality or high end products) quite likes it - but she is slightly darker than I am, has neutral undertones and needs barely any coverage from a foundation (ie no redness coverage or blackhead/pimple coverage needed). She does have an oilier t-zone than me, but she doesn't seem to mind the dewy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by srhwllsn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Lightweight but enough coverage, dewy finish, blends SO well, brilliant for a natural look as not cakey at all, botanical based product so better for sensitive skin! Also will last almost all day if you use a setting powder
Cons:
The opening to the bottle is so frustrating! However I bought a Mac foundation pump for £3 and it fits perfectly!

Cannot recommend this enough if you occasionally have problem skin but hate feeling like you are wearing loads of foundation, this looks so natural and still has good coverage!