Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 11/4/2012 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It goes on nicely on the skin. I was the lightest shade-Alabaster. I found that it only lasted on my skin for maximum 3 hours, and then it looked like I had nothing on my skin. I was quite disappointed because obviously when you buy a foundation, you want it to last and cover up your skin. It also made my t-zone shiny and dewy which is not a good look, and I have quite dry skin which really put me off. I really dislike it, definitely not repurchasing.

I love this foundation. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I'm quite fair in the winter-time on top of it, so it's very hard for me to find a foundation that matches nicely. I think in this foundation I am the lightest one, Breeze? Will edit if this is incorrect.

On a trip to Sephora, the girl matching me suggested I try this foundation, and I immediately fell in love. The texture is almost gel-like, the smell is actually quite nice, and the packaging isn't too shabby, either, though I wish it had a pump instead of a pore opening.

This stuff lasts me pretty well all day, though I do have to blot once or twice throughout the day because of how oily my skin gets. When I wear this foundation, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any at all, and this stuff will last you quite a while (purchased in February--it's still going strong, and I use nearly every day), so I can definitely justify the price! (approx $28 CAN, I believe).

So, overall, nice texture, lasts me throughout my day, DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT (which is a big plus!!), and matches my skin beautifully. I will definitely be repurchasing until it is discontinued or until I find something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a foundation that matches perfectly my skin tone and has little or no SPF because every single foundation I have make me look like a ghost in photos.
What I like about this foundation is that it is lightweight and blends well on my skin. It has natural finishing, and the color matches well my skin tone. I am very fair, and it's difficult to find foundations for me in China.
The coverage, however, is not very good, it's sheer, and the bottle is not convenient.
I would repurchase it because my skin looks health in photos and the price in china is lower than other good brands.
Perhaps if the coverage was better I would be 100% with my purchase.

I love this foundation! It is the first foundation that is the best match for my skin! My skin could be classified as 'normal' except that I get shine on the sides of my nose and a little bit on my forehead, I hate it and it shows up especially on pictures. Nowadays I keep having to reapply mattifying powder in order to get rid of it. I don't get any shine with superbalanced and it seems to just fit like a second skin-literally! It doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup yet I have perfectly-toned glowing skin.

on 10/7/2012 9:35:00 PM

This is one of my fav foundations. I use to use Prescriptives Flawless Skin and once that was pulled off the shelves I had a hard time to replace it. I have combination skin and decided to try Superbalance. I find that it prevents my face from becoming extremely oily looking. Its a true medium coverage foundation thats very blendable and sets in looking smooth. Also it holds up with all day wear without the need for re-application. The only downfall is that there is no SPF. All in all a great foundation at a great price point.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

After my friend highly reccomended this product to me, I decided to buy it, as I have oily skin that has yet to be tamed by any foundation. I tried it out last night because it was my school's homecoming dance (which always leaves me dripping with sweat like no other) and I was amazed that by the end of the 6-hour night, my skin was not the least but oily! I'm completely blown away - this is definitely the best foundation for oily skin that I've ever used! The only con is the container. Personally, I'm a fan of pumps because open tops tend to get messy, and the glass bottle is prone to breaking.

on 9/4/2012 2:46:00 PM

My first review, how exciting!
I bought this foundation back in April 2011 (I am aware of the shelf life of products) and am currently scrapping the remaining product from the bottle (keep in mind that I stopped using it briefly early this year). A small amount goes a long way as this is very easily blendable.

The coverage is a medium. It will cover the average bump or small spot but does require a concealer afterwards to cover larger red blemishes. It is a light weight formula that doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin if blended in. As expected, it can be a bit sticky if not blended in properly.

When I bought this, I was looking for a foundation that would give me a dewy complection which this does. It looks even better with a hint of high beam mixed in. I wouldn't recommended this to people with oily skin as this only emphasizes it. But if you are looking for a foundation that looks natural, I would definitely look into it.

As for the price, it is not too bad in comparison to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (another dewy/natural finish foundation similar to the Clinique Superbalanced) which is priced at £32. Also, unlike Chanel Vitalumiere, The superbalanced foundation doesn't have a scent which will come as a relief to those who do not feel comfortable about applying scented products to their faces.

I often found myself coming back to this foundation after trying others. I am considering buying it again but am intrigued to venture into other brands and see what they have to offer.

However, I would recommend this product. If you suffer from horrendously dry skin that flakes your foundation, get this foundation and a bottle of the Clinique Clarifying lotion (no. 1) and it will clear up completely!

on 8/28/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. The coverage is perfect for me, and I actually feel like it does balance my skins dryness and oiliness. I have normal to slightly dry skin, now though I was much oilier and acne prone when younger. It might not work as well for very oily types. I actually have repurchased this, which says a lot for me, and I think the price is good for the quality. I do not find that this oxidizes on me at all.

on 8/23/2012 9:17:00 PM

Ive used this foundation for a full bottle now, approx 3 months daily. If you want it to last until the end of your day you have to put on a lot in the morning as it wears off after a few hours. Also, as someone with t-zone issues my face still looks very oily by the end of the day, even with powder over it. Overall, its ok. I have very acne prone skin and this hasnt flaired up any breakouts so that is very nice. I plan to explore other brands for my next foundation purchase

on 8/17/2012 10:34:00 AM

I have quite mixed views towards this product. This was my first foundation and I absolutely loved it, I used to have very oily skin which is now combination and I honestly believe that's due to this product. My skin care stayed exactly the same and the only thing that changed was I started using the Clinique Superbalanced and my skin cleared right up. I broke out less and this was able to absorb excess oil. I used this foundation religiously for almost two years before I started to grow a bit sceptical of it.

I previously only ever wore foundation if I was going out in the evening for a night out with friends but as I started to wear it more during the day I didn't like it as much. I'm in the shade Linen and whilst I have no complaints with this foundation at night we all know how harsh natural sunlight can be at highlighting foundation and this doesn't rise to the challenge! I always buff this into my skin but still when I look into the mirror I can tell I'm wearing makeup which isn't the look I'm going for! I have to say it does feel amazing on the skin, part of the reason why I loved this foundation so much was because I couldn't feel it on my skin. I would buff it in and it just felt like I was wearing nothing - amazing! It doesn't really last too long either, I'd say around four/five hours without a primer so probably more if you wore one but still I wouldn't call this a particularly long lasting product.

The packaging looks cute but it's very bulky and not at all travel friendly! I use a cotton bud to dip into the bottle before dotting it onto my skin. I prefer it this way because I think you can get too much product out if you pour it onto your hand.

Overall I would still repurchase this foundation just because I love how it feels on my skin but it's no longer my HG.