December 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by saffrony

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product,I was hesitant to buy it at first because it was white but after reading good reviews gave in and bought it and I'm glad I did.This stuff gets rid of the shine but looks totally natural on,unlike normal face powder with talc.It feels really light on and I love the smell(I got lavender)If you look pale with this on then you"re using too much.You only need a tiny bit so the jar will last months,so good value for $20au.Unlike some I actually like the jar,the sifter lid is a great idea.Definately reommend trying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by clairesquare

The best powder I have tried. Beautiful smell, silky texture. I apply it with my finger, as using a brush tends to waste it, and it is very expensive. I may start using it in tandem w/ the darker Dr. Hauschka powder when I wear my sunscreen, as the whiteness of this powder tends to augment the whiteness of my sunscreen. But for a rainy day, or for the evening when I'm not wearing sunscreen underneath my makeup, this is perfection in a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2005 6:23:00 AM More reviews by chayster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Rose Silk and am loving it. I have dry, sensitive skin but get oily and shiney t-zone and this dusting powderr helps control that. I brush it over my face after tinted moisturizer, and then again after putting on blush to set it. I don't wear a lot of make-up so this does the trick for me to set make-up for the day. My face doesn't look dry with this, was looking at it today and realised that it is kinda dewy in a nice natural way. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 3:27:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying so many loose & pressed powders I think I have found the perfect one (at least for me). The great thing about this powder is that it has a very pure composition that doesn't clog my pores , interfere with my sunscreen or turn my yellow/olive complexion into that of an extra from Thriller! Not only that, it is very sheer and natural and has a a delicate scent- I have the Rose version. If you just want to take the edge of your shine and still look like you're not wearing powder this is for you, pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the lavender silk dust as a birthday present and am very pleased with it. The lavender is supposed to help with breakouts Ė I canít say if Iíve noticed a difference, but it certainly helps keep my very oily t-zone matte for much of the day, and it sets my makeup well. The scent is pleasant, but I think I might try rose next time instead. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I actually donít mind the packaging Ė I just tip the container upside down (with the lid on), then unscrew the lid and use a brush to pick up the powder that has sifted out. Itís even safe to travel with (Iíve done so many times) because Iíve found that not very much powder will sift out at a time. A small wad of cotton/cotton pad placed inside the jar would help, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 12:59:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reasonably cheap (considering the price of loose face powder and Jurlique products generally), attractively packaged, talc-free dusting powder that actually works. I have oily skin and was suprised to find this stuff actually mattifies and stops the oilies from returning. Don't be too heavy-handed with this otherwise you'll have to hang out at Carmilla's. Oh, and smells great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Unfortunately, due to a shipping snafu, I didn't receive my order for this until last week (I ordered in mid-July when my shiny face forced me on a quest for a good mattifier). Lately, the weather's gotten cooler and dryer and my skin has gone from being combo/oily to combo/dry. So keeping that in mind: a light dusting of this stuff in the morning after moisturizer and sunscreen does help keep down the greasies. I still get oil on my blotting sheets, but it's not as much as before. of course, this could also be the result of several other factors: my changed skin condition; cooler weather; Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day oil; C.O. Bigelow Extra Lite Face Lotion.

The silk dust is a fine, pure white powder that looks and feels exactly like talcum powder but according to the ingredients list, is talc-free. The list is fairly short and includes some nice botanical extracts: Calendula, Witch Hazel, Rosemary, Arnica, Lavender Oil, Rose Oil, Daisy, Sage, Orris. I have the Rose version and it smells like a real, fresh rose to me; it's not nearly as heavy or perfumey as I'd feared and the scent doesn't really linger. I think I'd still prefer another kind of scent or none at all, but I'm fine with it. The white color is not a problem for me, even though I am a warmish MMM, as long as I dust this on lightly and (sometimes) use a normal-colored powder on top. Nowadays this is actually making me feel a bit too dry, so I'll try reserving this for extra-oily days. I'll add that it's impossible to do a dewy look with this on so be prepared to make some trade-offs.

Packaging is a heavy, white ceramic jar with a built-in sifter. Not practical for travel but you can get travel sifter jars from Sephora or other beauty supply stores (Milani also sells mini loose powders for about 5 bucks--just dump out the contents and refill). Expensive at nearly 30 USD for 10 grams and hard to find unless you live near Australia--I had to order mine from eBay. But it does work. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2005 5:38:00 AM More reviews by caoimhin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a good product. 1. talc-free. this is my first concern. (other good loose powders which are talc-free and i like are BE's mineral veil and chantecaille's [very expesnive]. 2. it does some antiseptic job on zits. 3. dont use too much, coz the particles are not very fine, will leave you a WHITE POWDERY MASK, so my trick is, only on zits, and some oily areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Lavender Silk Dust and it is an absolute holy grail for my t-zone. This is eons better than the Dr. Hauschka one and I am completely in love with how well it keeps me shine-free and yet does not aggravate acne nor dry out the skin nor cake up any makeup. The white powder can be slightly visible but a lighter dusting is just as effective so I sweep barely a veil over my t-zone over my regular powder. I heard this is also extremely effective as a deodorant body powder though I have not yet tried it...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by honeybee80

This is a fantastic product. I only need to a apply a small amount and it controls oil all day long - no blotting or shiny forehead anymore! I apply it with a Kabuki brush and it goes on smoothly and evenly. I've only used it in winter so far, I guess the real test will be summer, but I have no doubt it will do the trick. I'll update!