April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MDavis5

This stuff is great! It goes on smooth and finishes very matte. When I touched my face, I couldn't even feel it. The shade matched perfectly and took almost all the redness out of my face. A little goes a long way!! Apply with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by merlgrl

This is my favorite foundation. It would great for my oily skin.
I like to use my foundation brush to apply it.
It truely does last!!! I wear ultra powder a shade darker over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My search of my HG foundation is over -- Merle Norman Primer, Lasting Foundation, and Ultra powder = AMAZING! I have oily skin, makeup constantly slides off, makes me "luminous" (aka shiny and sparkly), or accentuates my large pores. I went and tested this out at 11 am, and at 6:30 pm my makeup still looks freshly applied and matte. I have been trying everything lately -- Laura Mercier, Revlon Colorstay, Loreal Infallible, Chanel Perfection powder, Makeup For Ever Duo Mat powder, on and on and on....... THIS ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MerleGirl22

This is a great foundation for those who want med to full coverge, I use it and it is a little thick and spreads very well when you use a little moisturizer mixed with it to put it on. Great for brides and anyone getting pictures taken. ALWAYS make sure to apply a darker shade (1-2 darker) when getting pictures taken, the flash tends to lighten the picture as it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by amyj0654

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this but think there are better products. I just have not found them. I like the coverage, and have tried the powder foundation on top. I,ve got to try some others tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very nice full coverage matte foundation. i have been through 2 tubes now, and actually wore this on my wedding day. good for young, oily skin. there is a method for application, since it dries quickly but can easily be smudged and splotched during application. oddly, it works like a dry erase marker- go back over a spot you already covered before it's dry, and it disappears. but once it dries, or is set with powder, this stuff isn't going anywhere. goes for about $26 around here. not intended for dry skin, as it tends to tighten the skin and can become uncomfortable in dry areas. it takes atleast 2 times washing my face to get it all off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaCFL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had the same problem as some of you...I love the coverage but just cant seem to find the right color. I look so pale with it on....I just had to use bronzer everyday to camoflage it. I haven't found another foundation that lasts all day with full coverage. So I will continue to use my bronzer until I come across something different. Overall, I like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

didn't like this at all. i wanted a lasting cream since i have really oily skin. i typically use minerals, but i wanted something heavier for evenings. i didn't like that it was sooo cakey, and it was hard to blend it all in before it dried, so sometimes i got left with streaks where i wasn't fast enough. just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. Love the coverage but I just can't find the right color. I know exactly what the other poster meant when she said she looked like a Geisha. (and I am also pale.) It just doesn't have enough pink in it or something. Still,the coverage is AMAZING and it lasts all day. I just have to remember to use bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by spiritchik21

This makeup has good coverage and lasts all day. And it has sunscreen.