July 23, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by audrey143

This is some serious foundation. First off unless your face melts midday - avoid this stuff. It will dry you out like nothing else. Also I found you get way too much product out this bottle. It need to be in a pump or something. I looked like I had a bloody mask on. Way to expensive for this kind of crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by rebekahw1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's be honest. I have had a love affair with mineral makeup for the past several years. I love the look and feel of mineral make-up and the variety. I never thought I would use another liquid makeup after years of poor color matches and makeup changing colors or sliding off my face. However, nothing seemed to be holding back my oily shine for more than 2-3 hours anymore. Maybe it is mid-life hormones, but I have been pumping out more oil than a teenager. I am a nurse, working long shifts and just don't have time to touch-up constantly (if at all). After much research, I read about using Luxiva Lasting Foundation + the Ultra Powder Foundation on top. I went into Merle Norman on my day off and found my colors a few days ago. Today I worked a long day and had a good test of the product. I got up at 4:10 am today, slapped on some of this wonderful combination and returned home at 4:45 pm, still looking good. I had hardly any shine! I have tried all different kinds of combinations to fix this problem and am pleasantly surprised that I found my solution at the local Merle Norman. Another plus is that I don't have to order this makeup from a website or drive for hours to a boutique or Sephora. All my other minerals work just fine with this foundation also. Give it a try!
Rebekah

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jenncolby

This is the base I use when my skin is acting up. It gets oily in the summer and this seems to keep the oil at bay pretty well. It also covers very well. I use this for special occasions and for make-up for brides-when I do wedding makeup. I like to pair this with the ultra powder foundation. I apply this with a foundation brush, b/c for me, with a sponge, it feels too heavy. This is more of a safety net for days when my skin is acting up, rather than an everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MDavis5

This stuff is great! It goes on smooth and finishes very matte. When I touched my face, I couldn't even feel it. The shade matched perfectly and took almost all the redness out of my face. A little goes a long way!! Apply with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by merlgrl

This is my favorite foundation. It would great for my oily skin.
I like to use my foundation brush to apply it.
It truely does last!!! I wear ultra powder a shade darker over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My search of my HG foundation is over -- Merle Norman Primer, Lasting Foundation, and Ultra powder = AMAZING! I have oily skin, makeup constantly slides off, makes me "luminous" (aka shiny and sparkly), or accentuates my large pores. I went and tested this out at 11 am, and at 6:30 pm my makeup still looks freshly applied and matte. I have been trying everything lately -- Laura Mercier, Revlon Colorstay, Loreal Infallible, Chanel Perfection powder, Makeup For Ever Duo Mat powder, on and on and on....... THIS ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MerleGirl22

This is a great foundation for those who want med to full coverge, I use it and it is a little thick and spreads very well when you use a little moisturizer mixed with it to put it on. Great for brides and anyone getting pictures taken. ALWAYS make sure to apply a darker shade (1-2 darker) when getting pictures taken, the flash tends to lighten the picture as it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by amyj0654

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this but think there are better products. I just have not found them. I like the coverage, and have tried the powder foundation on top. I,ve got to try some others tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very nice full coverage matte foundation. i have been through 2 tubes now, and actually wore this on my wedding day. good for young, oily skin. there is a method for application, since it dries quickly but can easily be smudged and splotched during application. oddly, it works like a dry erase marker- go back over a spot you already covered before it's dry, and it disappears. but once it dries, or is set with powder, this stuff isn't going anywhere. goes for about $26 around here. not intended for dry skin, as it tends to tighten the skin and can become uncomfortable in dry areas. it takes atleast 2 times washing my face to get it all off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaCFL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had the same problem as some of you...I love the coverage but just cant seem to find the right color. I look so pale with it on....I just had to use bronzer everyday to camoflage it. I haven't found another foundation that lasts all day with full coverage. So I will continue to use my bronzer until I come across something different. Overall, I like this product.