Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

on 5/19/2008 1:44:00 PM

Based on the reviews here, I thought I would give this foundation a try. I have never had great luck in the foundation dept., so my HG still has not been found. I reserve total judgement for a few weeks out, after my love affair with this has been given a decent run. But first impressions: it is fantastic! I ventured into Merle Norman (something I never would've done) and got a *perfect* foundation match with Creamy Beige. As a matter of fact, I have never had such a good match in skin tone. It looks like my exact skin color. I have pretty oily skin as well that isn't just limited to my t-zone. This makeup keeps my oily skin at bay better than anything I've ever used. It's amazing. As for coverage, I have tried it with a foundation brush, dry sponge and damp sponge. I definitely got heavier coverage (full) using the brush and dry sponge. I prefer less coverage than that, so using a damp sponge gives a nice medium coverage for me. I find, too, that very little is necessary to even out my complexion, but it also quite buildable. I did also purchase the Luxiva powder foundation (the name escapes me) at the same time and didn't care for it. It is way too powdery for my liking. But so far, this foundation is INCREDIBLE. Updates will be forthcoming once I live with it for a while. **UPDATE 5.29.08 ~ Ok, a couple weeks into it and I LOVE THIS STUFF. No break outs, wears like iron, yet looks very natural when applied w/ a damp sponge. Controls oil very well. One caveat: I had to go back 3 times until I found the right shade. This dries or sets "lighter" than its color appears when you put it on. The SA's at Merle Norman aren't the greatest at color matching. After 3 tries, I found peace w/ my perfect shade, Simply Beige. It was worth the hassle. Love, love, love it.

on 5/14/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading all the great reviews for this foundation, I headed for the Merle Norman Studio. First of all, the gentleman that was helping me was great ! He didnít push me to buy any other products; he was very knowledgeable and gave me few samples. So Iíve been on a search for my HG foundation and I think this might be it (but Iíll always keep my eyes opened for something new). Iíve been using this for about a week now and I have to say Iím impressed. It spreads easily, provides nice coverage without looking cakey !!! Probably the most important thing is that it lasts long (compared to anything else I tried) and itís great for my super oily skin ! I think after 4 hours, my skin starts to look just a bit oily BUT still when compared to any other foundations I tried, 4 hours is so much better than having oily skin after only 1 hour ! At the end of the day, it is rather difficult to wash it off completely but I donít mind the extra effort. SO, this foundation is great for oily skin (at least it worked for me when nothing else did) and it doesnít look like Iím wearing tons of foundation, the overall effect is great ! After reading some other reviews I think I will try this along with the powder foundation.

on 5/6/2008 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The moment the SA squeeze this fdn on my hand, I knew its for me. The texture is like a watery silicone, easy to spread, just do an area at a time instead of dotting it all over the face to spread. The effect is natural, do not use a heavy/slippery/silicone moisturiser underneath though. I am NC30-35 and use neutral(natural).
I've been to 3 NM studios before I find this product, as well as 2 of their skin creams. The people in the store has no knowledge about the product, they appeared to me as manicurists and the Changing Cream & Night Cream were expired 8 months ago! I have to wait until she order a new batch since all the remaining stocks were expired as well. Maybe you guys have better NM studios in the States.
I find Mac Pro shop's Micronized Airbrush fdn is equally good.

on 5/1/2008 6:34:00 PM

This is some serious foundation. First off unless your face melts midday - avoid this stuff. It will dry you out like nothing else. Also I found you get way too much product out this bottle. It need to be in a pump or something. I looked like I had a bloody mask on. Way to expensive for this kind of crap.

on 4/17/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Let's be honest. I have had a love affair with mineral makeup for the past several years. I love the look and feel of mineral make-up and the variety. I never thought I would use another liquid makeup after years of poor color matches and makeup changing colors or sliding off my face. However, nothing seemed to be holding back my oily shine for more than 2-3 hours anymore. Maybe it is mid-life hormones, but I have been pumping out more oil than a teenager. I am a nurse, working long shifts and just don't have time to touch-up constantly (if at all). After much research, I read about using Luxiva Lasting Foundation + the Ultra Powder Foundation on top. I went into Merle Norman on my day off and found my colors a few days ago. Today I worked a long day and had a good test of the product. I got up at 4:10 am today, slapped on some of this wonderful combination and returned home at 4:45 pm, still looking good. I had hardly any shine! I have tried all different kinds of combinations to fix this problem and am pleasantly surprised that I found my solution at the local Merle Norman. Another plus is that I don't have to order this makeup from a website or drive for hours to a boutique or Sephora. All my other minerals work just fine with this foundation also. Give it a try!
Rebekah

on 4/11/2008 10:52:00 AM

This is the base I use when my skin is acting up. It gets oily in the summer and this seems to keep the oil at bay pretty well. It also covers very well. I use this for special occasions and for make-up for brides-when I do wedding makeup. I like to pair this with the ultra powder foundation. I apply this with a foundation brush, b/c for me, with a sponge, it feels too heavy. This is more of a safety net for days when my skin is acting up, rather than an everyday foundation.

on 4/9/2008 11:13:00 PM

This stuff is great! It goes on smooth and finishes very matte. When I touched my face, I couldn't even feel it. The shade matched perfectly and took almost all the redness out of my face. A little goes a long way!! Apply with a foundation brush for best results.

on 4/1/2008 2:41:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation. It would great for my oily skin.
I like to use my foundation brush to apply it.
It truely does last!!! I wear ultra powder a shade darker over top.

on 3/19/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My search of my HG foundation is over -- Merle Norman Primer, Lasting Foundation, and Ultra powder = AMAZING! I have oily skin, makeup constantly slides off, makes me "luminous" (aka shiny and sparkly), or accentuates my large pores. I went and tested this out at 11 am, and at 6:30 pm my makeup still looks freshly applied and matte. I have been trying everything lately -- Laura Mercier, Revlon Colorstay, Loreal Infallible, Chanel Perfection powder, Makeup For Ever Duo Mat powder, on and on and on....... THIS ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!

on 1/30/2008 11:11:00 PM

This is a great foundation for those who want med to full coverge, I use it and it is a little thick and spreads very well when you use a little moisturizer mixed with it to put it on. Great for brides and anyone getting pictures taken. ALWAYS make sure to apply a darker shade (1-2 darker) when getting pictures taken, the flash tends to lighten the picture as it is.