La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 11/5/2007 10:51:00 AM

So, i love and hate this product. I have fairly oily skin and very acne prone. I love the lightness of this product but the packaging is HORRIBLE. I have the worst time getting product out of this pump bottle. Maybe i got a defective bottle but it's really bad. The lotion itself is pretty nice, it seems very light and goes on really nicely but i noticed if i wear foundation over it, just a few hours later my skin feels pretty oily. Now, i don't use foundation daily but i'd rather not feel like an oil slick when i DO use foundation. For reference, i live in South Louisiana, a very humid climate. So, while i still use it from time to time, it's def not an HG product.

on 10/19/2007 9:59:00 PM

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I thought this would be the perfect moisturizer. What's not to love? It's supposed to be super light, barely there, and it's supposed to be great for calming skin that tends to be inflamed. I admit, I do use it now and again. But I'm not thrilled with it. I was hoping to see some positive results in my skin such as reduced inflammation, more even skin tone, and increased hydration. What I got was increased grease and not much of anything else. I have better results with Osea Atmosphere Protection Cream, which is a little richer texture-wise, but a whole lot more effective as far as positive results.

on 10/16/2007 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was the second moisturiser I had from La Roche Posay. I bought this when my face was still quite oily and was having outbreaks but it was dehydrated. This was indeed very lightweight and is safe to use given that it only contains 8 ingredients. It helped to make my face soft too. However, it was not moisturising enough.

The first time I used it, I actually got horrid outbreaks from it. Now, I tried it again and it was okay for my skin, no outbreaks whatsoever.

Updated: I found something better than this for my sensitive skin which really help with the oil secretion and also the redness and sensitivity.

on 10/7/2007 8:48:00 PM

This stuff turns out to be rather sticky on my face. I didn't like the texture either. Over all, a poor purchase. It seems like I have pretty bad luck with La Roche-Posay stuff, so I guess I am going to stop buying their stuff.

on 9/16/2007 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Skintype:DSPW

I'm DSPW, the most difficult skintype of them all. I've had sucess with most of the LRP products. I was very excited to know about this moisturizer. However my excitment was shortlived. I received a sample from tubotica which I tried. The consitency is very difficult to work with. It doesn't go on as smooth as LRP Hydraphase. After 2 days my skin felt irritated and I started breaking out on my chin. I'm suspecting it's the squalane. This prooves that one skincare line is not enough when treating your face. I won't be buying this again and I'm glad for those who made it work for their skin =)

on 9/8/2007 2:23:00 PM

Broke me out bad after using for 3 days. It was good for calming my sensitive skin though.

on 8/3/2007 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a good product but not excellent.it moisturizes my skin well but
not very mositurized though.I have combo skin,very oily in the t zone.
I have to put tons of these to get well moisturized skin.But i like the fact that it is very mild and doesn't clog my pores.

on 7/27/2007 4:55:00 AM

Not bad. A very basic fluid moisturizer for acne prone/ sensitive/ oily skins. Drier skins might need to load on serums.

on 5/18/2007 10:39:00 AM

There are many asian girl recommened this product. Somehow there are some people recommened this too. So i decided to buy this one . The texture of this product is really WATERY. At first , i really think that i would help me. I have used it for 2~3 days. When i applied it on my face , i felt a little bit greasy . But few minutes later , it abosrbed and my face is very soft. But 2 hours later, i found that my cheek felt greasy!!! i was like ..OMG???? Why?? When i was using proactiv , my cheek was really dry. But for this one, it made my cheek felt greasy. Probably My t-zone will have the same problem if i didn't apply the jurlique silk dust. I have comb~oily skin. T-zone is EXTREMELY oily and my U-zone is kinda dry...but .... i don't know why it doesn't work on me ......I can't imagine how my face will feel like when i go back to Asia during summer ... humid climate.... and polluted air... sigh

on 5/17/2007 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It kept my skin clear and moisturized but left it very shiny and oily throughout the day. I usually use Olay spf15 moisturizer for combination/oily skin and it did a better job at keeping the oil at bay. This moisturizer made my skin look greasy after I put on makeup.

Pros: Didn't cause any breakouts.
Cons: Leaves face greasy and oily