July 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

My mother always used this and had great wrinkle free skin. I can't say it was the Ponds but this was the one staple she had. Just recently I decided to try it. I don't know why I have been using expensive cleansers all these years! This stuff works better than any of the others. It hasn't caused breakouts. You put some all over your face and then use a warm wash cloth to remove it. Some people use a dry wash cloth because they like the moisture it leaves behind. My mother used to use this as a moisturizer. She wiped her makeup off and then put a little all over her face and neck. She had beautiful skin. Mineral oil gets a bad rap. Personally, I have no issues with it. Tried and true.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by L8

This is the absolute best!!!! It removes all makeup and leaves my face so baby soft and clean. The price is amazing and the jar lasts forever as a little of this product goes a long way. I just gently rub it my face, wipe gently with a tissue followed by a warm, wet washcloth. So easy! Poof! Makeup is gone, leaving a very fresh, clean feel to my face. The best part? No tightness to my skin and no dry flakes. Love this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

I decided to try something different instead of my usual wipes so I got this and I love it. At the end of the day I take some of this and rub it all over my face, even my eyes and especially my lashes. then I take a napkin and rub it(and all my makeup) off and it works great

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

I had this laying around to remove waterproof mascara because it does that very well. But then I heard this is an all around really great facial cleanser and it helps with acne, so i started using this as a cleanser as well and so far I love it, my acne has cleared up for the most part and it leaves my skin completely makeup-free and clean. Also, my skin feels a lot smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by superfille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. It's hard for me to find products that don't clog my pores. After a recent bout with breakouts caused by a new foundation, I did a little research on the skincare board that lead me to two products: Stridex and Ponds. For the last 3 weeks, morning and night, I have use Ponds to cleans my skin and remove it with a tissue, followed by swiping on a Stridex pad to remove excess residue and gently exfoliate. I don't use any water at all. My skin feels soft and clean and is quickly clearing up. Even my monthly hormonal acne was minimal this time around. I hope the improvements keep up.

Prior to this, I was using all L'Occitane products, which my sensitive skin also liked but were not helping to clear the breakouts. It's pretty funny that my products have gone from costing $80 (for L'Occitane cleaner + face cream) to costing about $10 for Ponds and Stridex :)

EDIT: Since it is winter I have added my L'Occitane Divine Cream back into use - I use it after toning with Stridex. My skin still looks great, and pores are clear. Since i don't love the parabens in Ponds, I sometimes use Albolene in the morning instead. I love that too, although I find it doesn't remove makeup quite as well as Ponds for some reason. If you don't like parabens, try Albolene.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by underage

Love this product! I wish I knew about this before. I use it to remove and "melt" all my makeup off first and then I wash my face again with Cetaphil. It leaves your skin feeling moisturized but not overly greasy. It removes waterproof eye makeup better than anything I've tried, its cheap, and it works!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HANDS DOWN the BEST makeup remover I have EVER used!!
It is so simple to use and it MELTS every last trace of makeup on your eyes! It will NOT clog your pores, it is very light on the skin. The smell is very light and pleasant.
It does not leave your skin oily.
All I do is take a small amount of the product on my finger and run it over my eyelid and then wipe it off with toilet paper!!
Some people complain of it leaving a "film" over their eye balls.
I have experienced this before and it can be uncomfortable but that was becasue I rubbed to hard and some got into my eye.
The formula is very creamy and this stuff lasts for a LONG time and it's cheap as all get out!! I love it!!
I have gone through like 3 of the big tubs and have a small tub in my overnight bag!!
Def. a HG product that i will NEVER live without!!
YA BUDDY!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Mineral oil is not bad for your skin, it will not cause break outs. It might make your skin oily if this makeup remover isn't washed off after you use it. It's VERY important you use ANOTHER cleanser after this one. Extremely. I read here people are wiping and rinsing and their skin is still greasy....what's the point? If you want to get the oil off don't do that? Use this to remove your makeup. You NEED a cleanser like this (solvent) to dissolve hard holding foundation like Doube Wear and ColorStay. Then, wash AGAIN with a water soluble cleanser to get the oil off. It's all part of using makeup.

The misinformation in the reviews is pretty amazing. The tub is actually hygienic, it's small and has preservatives, just use clean hands/fingers when taking some out. Use it properly, it will do its job. Sucks to see a great product get bad reviews because people aren't using it properly.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

On the fence about this product. It did an all right job of removing my makeup, felt very creamy and moisturizing. Packaging is not very good since its unhygenic to dip your fingers in, and I hate the residue left behind. I will give this a second chance and try to wipe the residue off better. Will update shortly.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried so much to love this, I really did.

It's cheap, supposedly removes makeup well, is gentle on skin, what's there not to love?

Unfortunately,

1) It does not remove my makeup well
After massaging it on my face for a few minutes, I use cotton wipes to wipe it off, and I need to repeat this step a 2-3 times just to get to the point where there is very little residue left on my face.

The only method that works for me is - Apply cream and wipe off 2-3 times, wipe face with hot towel, then use a foam cleanser.

But I feel like that's too harsh on my skin, which is against why I bought it in the first place (as a gentle makeup remover).

2) There's a film
I expected the film after reading the reviews before i bought this, but the feeling is like there's something "on" my face.

It makes me feel like if I apply any skincare products, they won't absorb, or it will clog my skin.

Sure enough....

3) It caused little bumps on my face

After using this, I usually get tiny small bumps on my cheeks. They are not visible, but when I touch my face I can feel them. This is enough to tell me that my skin is not breathing well when I use this.