MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

on 2/10/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Perfect every day pink! It's not too warm or too cool toned. The gold shimmer really brightens up your face and makes your lips look plumper. Goes with most looks.

on 2/3/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipglass over most nude pink lipsticks or all by itself. Kind of a tacky application typical to MAC but it seems to last a long time. I will deff re-purchase this one!

on 1/23/2010 1:27:00 PM

I love love love this gloss. This is the perfect color for my slight pigment lips. It adds that nice touch without looking like a gloss clown. I love the pink undertone and the touch of gold if perfect with my skin. I will be honest and tell you I found a dupe for this. Milani Crystal Gloss in Summer Baby. I am in a budget and as much as I love Nymphette.. using it everyday can add up to $$$. So until I afford to splurge on my Nymphette.. I will go to the second best.. Milani..

on 1/10/2010 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

To be blunt, this is one of the top selling lipglasses that MAC has and I know a couple of people who have this lipglass on them at all times. It's part of the permanent line which is great because you can repurchase it as needed. The formula is typical for MAC lipglasses - a good consistancy although slightly tacky in feel with reasonable color payoff. It is described as a sunned golden pink on the website - and that is pretty much what it is - a pretty neutral pink with golden shimmer. This colour is neutral enough to wear on almost any lip.
Highly reccomended to anyone wanting to try a MAC lipglass but isn't sure which one to go for. It doesn't wow because the colour is fairly tame - but it is a safe bet for any occasion where lipstick is forgone but adds a nice touch to any face - be it fully made up or just sporting a natural look.

on 1/8/2010 11:41:00 AM

I think I may have FINALLY found a replacement for my beloved chiao manhattan lipglass, which was a limited edition some time ago (RIP). In the tube, this color almost looks like a purplish-gold, but when applied it's the most BEAUTIFUL golden pink..leaning a bit more on the gold side. This looks amazing on top of MAC's charm factor lipstick (also LE, from the same collection as chiao manhattan). DEFINITELY recommend!

on 12/30/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This was my first MAC purchase and I went into the store not knowing what shade to choose, or even the difference between lustreglass, lipglass, plushglass etc. Thankfully the sales associate there was so kind, and helped me narrow my choice down to a lipglass in Nymphette and Entice... I knew how pricey the lipglosses get so I had to choose one, though the two are very similar! I chose Nymphette in the end because it seemed to have a more peach-y sheen to it which complimented my southeast asian skin tone well, but I liked the Entice one too and am considering going back to purchase that also. I love the slight shimmer Nymphette has, and I'm recommending it to all my friends! I think I've found my HG lipgloss with this one.

on 12/24/2009 11:33:00 AM

Love the color! For me is a perfect nude (with a little color). It pairs very nicely with so many soft pink, light rose lipstick shades. Will definitely repurchase!

on 11/26/2009 7:00:00 PM

This is my fail-proof going out lipgloss. Its a gorgeous golden pink that compliments my skintone year round. Its quite sticky, but that's ok because it stays on my lips for a long time. And I love the vanilla-y smell that it has.

on 11/21/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I completely agree with the previous reviewer when she stated that this is a shade that compliments most skin tones year-round. I don't generally get excited about glosses, but this particular shade is different from any other MAC gloss that I have tried. I will purchase this again..and again.

on 11/21/2009 10:58:00 AM

My favorite go to lipgloss. It looks great in the winter on fair skin, and it looks even better in the summer with tan skin. It's like NARS Orgasm in a lipgloss, same golden pink color. On me, this gloss does not look purely gold. It looks pink with golden undertones. I like to pair it alone with a smokey eye. I'm pretty sure i'm wearing it in my profile pictures.

Not a huge fan of layering this on top of lipstick, it can look great on top of some neutral shades, but horrible with others that are more metallic. Not cute. The only problem I have with Nymphette is that it has a very STICKY consistency. But color wins over texture. It will continue to be in my make-up bag. :)

Recommended for Medium Skin