Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner

4.2

on 5/14/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super easy to use, so inexpensive, basic color choices, cruelty-free, washes off with water yet stays put...another winner from Wet'n'Wild.
I first bought this in #864, which is a dark, deep purple, very pretty color to make your eyes pop. I usually use black, that's always been my staple color, or the darkest blue I can find in a kohl pencil, but for some reason, I had purchased this one in the Liquid Eyeliner. I have to admit, for awhile there, I was on the search for a multitude of eyeliners in a gazillion colors. Whatever unusual shades I could find, I'd buy them if I thought they'd pop my grayish-blue eyes. Shades of purple always seem to be complimentary.
Then I bought the turquoise, navy blue, black sparkle (which is really a nice black with very little sparkle) and I'm delighted. I was wearing the turquoise (more of a green) at Sephora and an SA asked me if it was one of their high-end ones that they carried in their store because he thought the color was extremely flattering. Every time I wear the turquoise I get compliments. It's just a great color.
The liner is thin and flexible and I like that. It gives me latitude in lining both my upper and below my lower lashes. I don't do my waterline with this. But the liner is so thin that I can create an absolutely great line under my lower lashes that is not large at all, just a line that looks more like my mascara is darker there. It's great for doing that.
For my top lids, I can easily do the line in short strokes for my comfort in doing a straighter line, or if I want to smudge the line immediately. The color is good, it's dark and stays that way until I take it off. I was a bit worried about removal. I always worry the first time with eyeliners, wondering if I'm going to have to pull or tug at my under eye area. Didn't have to with this. Just used a q-tip to do the last clean-up after cleansing my face and it was gone. Easy stuff to remove.
You can get Wet'n'Wild at CVS, Rite-Aid, Walmart, Walgreens and other stores at their regular inexpensive prices, but I always look for the sales. There must be a sale at least once a week within one of these stores where you can BOGO or get a percentage off. That's when you can really have fun and get more for your bucks.
I like that this company also donates their products to disadvantaged women returning to the workforce to help them feel better about themselves. They're a charitable company that believes in women, are cruelty-free and also feels cosmetics shouldn't "cost your paycheck". Great mission statement. It works for me.
Seriously, for a couple of bucks, they're dupes for higher-end ones, and they last all day till you take them off? You can't go wrong, ladies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Uh.. $2 and stays all day. How can you go wrong?
I bought this in Black and it's extremely black. I love it, If you are a beginner the applicator brush may be alittle hard but if you do small strokes you'll be fine. ONLY thing i dislike is when I try taking it off it smears everywhere but that's not a huge issue.

on 4/20/2013 9:00:00 PM

This product is dirt cheap and it is one of the best eyeliners I have ever use
The brush is thin and long while the handle is short I have been looking for eyeliners made in America but this formula is long lasting and jus great and beside all of the other eyeliners I've gotten have thick stubby brushes

on 4/17/2013 4:09:00 AM

Even though wet and wild is a fairly cheap brand, I must say this is one of my favorite drugstore liquid eyeliners so far. Ones I've had in the past I seem to run into one of two problems. The applicator was not right and made it hard to apply the eyeliner or that the liquid eyeliner was sort of clumpy or didnt dry fast. But this one has a easy brush and it's drys evenly and stays on moderately well :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first apply it, I love the look because it goes on matte and it's a very intense black plus the brush is easy to control but I have oily skin and it flakes and disappears and leaves dark circles under my eyes even with waterproof primer and shadow. I guess with the price you can't ask for much but definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/14/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this liquid eyeliner!!!!!! The brush is one of the best I've used even in comparison to some more expensive brands......I can always get a nice thin line with this eyeliner which is what I like....it just works really good and is cheap which I like :) I you're looking for a good quality liquid liner for a low price look no further than Mega Liner!!!!

I had high hopes for this eyeliner. I like how it's a matte black and once it dries it doesn't move but, the brush is very flimsy so it's hard to get a straight line and it takes forever to dry so if I open my eyes too soon it smudges in the corner of my eye.

on 4/7/2013 12:07:00 AM

Way too runny and does not stay put, a few hours and it was under my lids. The brush was the only decent thing about it.

on 4/3/2013 2:00:00 AM

I'd heard great things about Wet n' Wild liquid eyeliner, so I bought the H2O Proof liquid liner and was SUPER disappointed--it smudged and flaked immediately. I had to check MUA to see if I was crazy, and here's the thing--after reading reviews it became clear that I'd picked up the wrong liquid liner! There's a HUGE difference between the H2O Proof liner and the regular Megaliner, which I quickly learned after returning the H2O Proof liner and buying the Megaliner instead.

H2O proof claims to be waterproof--Megaliner does not (and it isn't, so don't wear it if you're planning on going for a swim). Megaliner is easy to apply, dries quickly, and once it's dry--it STAYS where it is. Like, until you take it off. And it comes off easily with water! What crazy science allows Megaliner to stay put on my oily eyelids all day, but come off immediately when I wash my face? Who knows, but I'm loving it.

My only wish is that they would make a waterproof version of this (that's nothing like H2O Proof, please), since I'd love to be able to use it on my waterline and not just on my upper lid.