October 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great toner! Is super gentle and has greatly cut down on the number of white heads I get. I live in Beijing and the air is thick with soot and dirt, not to mention the heat which causes lots of grease and sweat. I started to get really itchy skin and lots of breakouts. I turned to this as it was getting such great reviews here and I felt I needed a form of mild chemical exfoliation. I paid double the price of what this is in the USA unfortunately in Watsons, but I stock up at a measly 10 bucks when I go to the US. I never feel any burning, it thoroughly removes dirt and dead skin (I can see it on my cotton pad). My skin has stopped itching and is visibly clearer and smoother. I have a "glow" that people have commented on now. The only thing that may be construed as a negative is the rather strong fragrance which I quite like, but that's more of a personal preference. This toner will not dry you out like rubbing alcohol will; after swiping your skin should feel and look cleaner but have a very very slight tacky feeling. Can't recommend this enough.

EDIT: I went back to the States in August and this was NOWHERE to be found; I tried Rite Aid, CVS, various other small pharmacies and chain supermarkets. Where did this go? It's still in Watson's in Asia though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by onlythebest91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product works well. it removes everything that my cleanser didn't get and makes make skin feel very soft and smooth. i dont usually use it more than once a day or else it might be drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by itismebutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i m not sure ab. the disappearance of the pores,but overall it s one fine toner. it does have alcohol but i cant tell....'cos i can not smell it. it just has a very pleassant scent.
it leaves my skin very fresh but not stripped,you know.

althogh,i wish it had a bigger hole for letting the product out. to me it s pretty annoying :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Agasuka

Pores never disappear, but using this helps refining a bit, since it sweeps away the dead cells on the surface of the skin.
I am very surprised by the white/black head removing ability.
I see significant result after deep cleanse mask/ exfoliation, when pores are enlarged, use this toner with a cotton ball/pad, black heads can be rubbed out from my nose!!! Wow! No other toners can do the same!
It has alcohol that's why it is drying. My nose is red like Rudolph when using it. I will not recommend it to sensitive skin viewers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by CWDC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this toner for about 4 months and really like it. I don't find an overwhelming smell like some of the other reviewers. It does tingle a bit when applying. I don't know that it reduces pore size but I have noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. I'll be buying another bottle of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice toner. Does not dry my skin out and works very well. Good price. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kismetcharity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this toner a month ago (2x/day) and I was pleased with its results. I didn't get any new pimples! My areas of redness decreased enough to make me happy and my skin was soft and smooth. The good part came when I started using the Target store brand version of Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash with it. Everything became smoother and softer!! Amazing!! Did I mention I haven't gotten any new pimples (even before the new face wash)!! I can't stop touching my face but I have to!

I bought it to try out glycolic acid (AHA) and to see how well I could tolerate it along side salicylic acid. The label doesn't specify a %. I could do without the alcohol. I don't find it drying but how necessary is it when it could be made moisturizing with glycerin or plain water. My super oily skin daydreams it could be drier!

You MUST use sunscreen with it and more importantly reapply sooner than you think, more often if you are sweating! I don't use sunscreen for my day to day routine but anytime outside for more than walking to the car/building USE IT!

I'll update if something changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great! no redness after using this like i had w/ clinique's toner (which i loved though). cap sometimes doesn't close right, i can see it breaking possibly? but otherwise calms breakouts, prevents them, i think an essential step in my routine! no dryness either. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by achoi

I love this toner! The combo of salicylic acid and glycolic acid really helps keep my skin clear! I have problem combination skin that is prone to breakouts. Since using this product, my skin looks much clearer. I was previously using Proactiv toner, which also does a decent job sloughing off dead skin cells, but it was getting way too expensive. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner is 1/3 the price and contains double the amount of toner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i like this product. in the summer where it's super hot and humid, i need more than just plain witch hazel. i like that this product doesn't have color in it and doesn't smell medicinal. there is a bit too much fragrance in it but i like the ingredients (glycolic acid, salicylic acid, witch hazel, aloe). of course i don't know the amounts but this is a good toner. i actually think it should be renamed. it's not really pore refining but more skin evening. maybe that doesn't sound as sexy. anyway, a good toner that i would recommend for an oily skin girl like myself. if your skin is not oily this may be too much for you.