July 22, 2014 | 1646 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice toner. Does not dry my skin out and works very well. Good price. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kismetcharity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this toner a month ago (2x/day) and I was pleased with its results. I didn't get any new pimples! My areas of redness decreased enough to make me happy and my skin was soft and smooth. The good part came when I started using the Target store brand version of Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash with it. Everything became smoother and softer!! Amazing!! Did I mention I haven't gotten any new pimples (even before the new face wash)!! I can't stop touching my face but I have to!

I bought it to try out glycolic acid (AHA) and to see how well I could tolerate it along side salicylic acid. The label doesn't specify a %. I could do without the alcohol. I don't find it drying but how necessary is it when it could be made moisturizing with glycerin or plain water. My super oily skin daydreams it could be drier!

You MUST use sunscreen with it and more importantly reapply sooner than you think, more often if you are sweating! I don't use sunscreen for my day to day routine but anytime outside for more than walking to the car/building USE IT!

I'll update if something changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great! no redness after using this like i had w/ clinique's toner (which i loved though). cap sometimes doesn't close right, i can see it breaking possibly? but otherwise calms breakouts, prevents them, i think an essential step in my routine! no dryness either. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by achoi

I love this toner! The combo of salicylic acid and glycolic acid really helps keep my skin clear! I have problem combination skin that is prone to breakouts. Since using this product, my skin looks much clearer. I was previously using Proactiv toner, which also does a decent job sloughing off dead skin cells, but it was getting way too expensive. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner is 1/3 the price and contains double the amount of toner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i like this product. in the summer where it's super hot and humid, i need more than just plain witch hazel. i like that this product doesn't have color in it and doesn't smell medicinal. there is a bit too much fragrance in it but i like the ingredients (glycolic acid, salicylic acid, witch hazel, aloe). of course i don't know the amounts but this is a good toner. i actually think it should be renamed. it's not really pore refining but more skin evening. maybe that doesn't sound as sexy. anyway, a good toner that i would recommend for an oily skin girl like myself. if your skin is not oily this may be too much for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by xstarsunx

I have combination skin.

Didn't do much for my face at all..........actually dried it out a lot, and I kinda broke out too...

I've given up on toners...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really haven't used a whole lot of toners, but this one seems to work nicely. It smooths out my skin and the benefits of alpha-hydroxy are great. It also helps take off traces of left over makeup at the end of the day after cleansing. I also feel that it helps keeps pimples at bay and I have to say, I have used this a couple of times after picking (I know, very bad) and it has helped heal blemishes much more quickly. Decent product considering I haven't used any other big name toners to compare it to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by bobagirl89

Like most teenagers, my skin is acne prone and a bit sensitive. My skin was looking especially burned and blotchy after Clinique's Acne Toner and I wasn't expecting any miracles with this drugstore toner. Yet to be honest, this toner has become one of my most valuable purchases. I believe it to be the alpha and beta hydroxy combo...the results aren't just something I see, but feel. The first week, I couldn't help touching my face -almost velvet soft. Along with this, my redness disappeared and my pores...decongested themselves. However, oil control or acne prevention isn't this toner's forte. It evened my skin tone out and faded pigmented marks, but for acne, I use retin a. This was just a plus!

Compared to Clinique, which burned with salicylic acid, this toner feels very mild and soothes my skin a great deal. There is alcohol in this toner, and this toner smells a bit alcohol-y, but that's really nothing to complain about. As of now, I use this toner twice a day, and my skin hasn't broken out or reacted strangely...

What I do warn (and the bottle too) is that you wear sunscreen with this toner! The toner strips away your dead skin...exposing your "new" sensitive skin to the sun. I daily wear a moisturizer with ample SPF and my skin has been looking good ever since :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kawaiikurosan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works! Yes, it stings and tingles but that's the alcohol talking. Be careful of the amount you use, you'll be able to breathe. My skin has improved greatly since using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jessieling

Well I only used this product for only one day so I don't really have much to say but j bought this toner because of the reviews and decided to give it a chance. The smell doesn't bother me. It didnt dry me out at all which I love because currently I don't have a good moisturizer.=( I want one but every moisturizer I've used didn't work and DDM broke me out but anyway back to the toner. I saw that it helped with my breakouts but I don't know if that was the other products I am using. I like this product but I don't think I will buy again just because I am always looking for new products and I have to REALLY love something to repurchase. This is an OK toner. I would recommend it but I only use it every other day because I'm afraid the alcohal will harm my skin but if there is nothing better I will gladly buy this again.