Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

When I first tried this toner it was very harsh and made me break out, but now that my skin has gotten used to it, it's working for me. It's not the best, as I do find it too harsh for my sensitive, combo skin, but it's not the worst toner I've ever tried.

on 1/10/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this product! I use it at night with the Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it gives me this glow afterwards. The smell is kind of sweet and it's not drying at all. I have very acne-prone skin and using this product hasn't broke me out and helped my acne scars fade. I really like the packaging because it's nicer than the other Neutrogena products (the design), I don't know why though. I will definitely buy this product again!

I love this toner. Its hydrating and it smells really nice. It does help with minimizing my pore size, but when I stopped using a toner for 2 months my pores got big again.But I went back to using it my pore shrunk again. Nonetheless I recommend this product, it lasts a long time too. Most stores don't carry this product but I found mine at Walmart.

on 10/19/2009 2:04:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 1 year and I am very happy with its results. As far as "refining the pores", I really did not see much of a difference with that, BUT this toner takes off a lot of dirt from my skin, even after I have used make up remover wipes and cleansed my face. I can literally see the dirt on my cotton pad which is plus point for me because I know that this toner is really getting deep into my skin and taking out the dirt. It leaves my skin fresh and smooth and can be drying if you do not use a moisturizer after this. Lastly, it smells great!
I definetly recommend this for people who dont want to shed a lot of money on a toner but still want clean, smoot and toned skin. 4/5 for me =)

on 10/15/2009 12:29:00 AM

I've been using this product for at least a year now and I won't be without it! It does tighten, brighten and tone the skin. It also gives it a bit of a "glow" too. If I run out or miss a day or two...I can tell a big difference in my skin! Love it!

on 10/4/2009 5:04:00 PM

I've been using this toner for years and will continue to do so. It's gentle but I like that it has alpha hydroxy in it. It's never drying. A great product.

on 9/21/2009 10:03:00 AM

I love this toner! I use it twice daily along with the cleanser ( 1 times a day ) and im very very happy with the results!

on 8/16/2009 7:50:00 AM

Great toner! Is super gentle and has greatly cut down on the number of white heads I get. I live in Beijing and the air is thick with soot and dirt, not to mention the heat which causes lots of grease and sweat. I started to get really itchy skin and lots of breakouts. I turned to this as it was getting such great reviews here and I felt I needed a form of mild chemical exfoliation. I paid double the price of what this is in the USA unfortunately in Watsons, but I stock up at a measly 10 bucks when I go to the US. I never feel any burning, it thoroughly removes dirt and dead skin (I can see it on my cotton pad). My skin has stopped itching and is visibly clearer and smoother. I have a "glow" that people have commented on now. The only thing that may be construed as a negative is the rather strong fragrance which I quite like, but that's more of a personal preference. This toner will not dry you out like rubbing alcohol will; after swiping your skin should feel and look cleaner but have a very very slight tacky feeling. Can't recommend this enough.

EDIT: I went back to the States in August and this was NOWHERE to be found; I tried Rite Aid, CVS, various other small pharmacies and chain supermarkets. Where did this go? It's still in Watson's in Asia though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think this product works well. it removes everything that my cleanser didn't get and makes make skin feel very soft and smooth. i dont usually use it more than once a day or else it might be drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i m not sure ab. the disappearance of the pores,but overall it s one fine toner. it does have alcohol but i cant tell....'cos i can not smell it. it just has a very pleassant scent.
it leaves my skin very fresh but not stripped,you know.

althogh,i wish it had a bigger hole for letting the product out. to me it s pretty annoying :-)