December 21, 2014 | 863 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ModChick

This is currently my favorite fragrance. So clean, fresh and pure smelling. It is by far my favorite of the Grace trio. Not musky and dated like Amazing Grace nor is it Ivory soap + dishwashing liquid scented like Pure Grace. The powdery scent is very mild and doesn't smell the slightest like diaper ointment or deodorant. Kinda like baby soap or powder with just enough grown up notes to give it a twist. You will not smell like a newborn. Baby Grace mixes nicely with the other Graces,I simply don't like AG & PG worn alone, and I also wear that combo on occasion. If you are looking for a sexy, powerful scent, BG is not it. It's very subtle. The only drawback to it and all of the philosophy fragrances is they do not last long. So carry a component with you to reapply a few hours into the day regardless of which scent you use. I wear Baby Grace year round and receive compliments on it nearly everytime I'm out. It also doesn't irritate my allergies, nor my husband's. That in and of itself is quite an accomplishment as fragrance is generally a no-no in our house. 4 rating due to the staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 7:36:00 AM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice scent clean and comforting. If overapplied can be a bit too sweet and cloying. Prefer Amazing and Pure grace.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Scrangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite of all the philosophy fragrances. Baby Grace is a very comforting fragrance. It smells faintly like Amazing Grace with lighter, cleaner, sweeter notes. It really does smell like a clean, sweet smelling baby, sans the puke and diaper smell. However, I find that Baby Grace has the least staying power of all the Philosophy fragrances. That's okay, because I love spraying it on all day. This scent is very relaxing and comforting and helps me de-stress throughout the day. Always smells sweet, clean and feminine and is never overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybe you have to be a Mom to appreciate Baby Grace, because yes - it does smell powdery, slighly floral and like baby soap, but that is the beauty of it. What Mom didn't love the smell of their baby (or any other clean baby for that matter)? Maybe I love it because it reminds me of those "baby" days (my kids are teens now), but I also have always loved powdery, clean scents. It reminds me of cleanliness. It is a very girlie, feminine fragrance. Not for those days you want to feel sexy and seductive (see Chanel No.5), it is for those peaceful, mellow days when you are feeling innocent and fresh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by auxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this on in Sephora last week. I didn't like the smell that much. But get this: The next day, a rash broke out on my arm where I had sprayed this perfume!!! And it took several days for it to go away. Good thing I didn't really like the way it smelled.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by chesca

when i first smelled baby grace from a shop here in Manila, i loved it but i didn't buy it because of the price. but i can't get it out of my head (not that the fragrance lasted on me -- it didn't), until i went out again to buy it! later, i got tired of the scent, but now, i'm loving it again. i don't know what's up with that. anyway, i think it smells like our national flower called the sampaguita.:) smells so dainty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by marida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHEN I FIRST SPRAYED THIS SCENT THE FIRST THING THAT CAME TO MY MIND WAS..(I AM FROM THE NORTH FOLKS...)OUR STEAMBATH(SAUNA)DOWN AT CAMP(COTTAGE)!!!I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN A SCENT THAT BRINGS ME BACK TO MY CHILDHOOD, AND NOT ONLY THAT...WE USED TO WASH OUR HAIR WITH BODY ON TAP(REMEMBER THAT ONE??) I LOVE BODY ON TAP..THE SHAMPOO MADE WITH REAL BEER...IF YOU ARE 30 SOMETHING YOU'LL KNOW!!THEN I ASKED MY SISTER WHAT SHE THOUGHT IT SMELLED LIKE, AND WITHOUT TELLING HER..THE EXACT SAME THING...THEN MY HUSBAND WHO DID NOT GROW UP WITH ME SMELT IT AND SAID STEAMBATH!!I GUESS FOR SOME PEOPLE THAT MIGHT BE WIERD, BUT SOMEONE JUST BOTTLED THE BEST SUMMERS OF MY LIFE GROWING UP IN ONTARIO BY THE LAKE!!THANKS !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 12:05:00 AM More reviews by BurberryLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like baby grace. This is my favorite of the line. I just wish Philosophy had better packaging. I have this in the Grace trio and all of my spritzers, well they look like they're going to fall apart or just come out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Sniffed this at the store and dangit--pure Desitin! I'd actually forgotten what diaper ointment smells like until I got a whiff of Baby Grace. Thank you, Philosophy. First you give us eau d'Ivory soap (Pure Grace), and now, a delicate bouquet of teeny butt rash cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Baby Grace is a twin to Calypso Mimosa, except somewhat softer without the grapefruit note. It's very light as well, and does have a "familiarity" to it that does make you think of a baby.