August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by shiranthi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this primer! I have tried a couple of others - MAC (for eg) but keep returning to this. Unlike MAC, the LM primer is clear and doesn't show up as a whitish film on my NC45 skin. My skin is dehydrated with only a little shine on the T-Zone in summer, so I mainly use this product to give lasting power to my makeup..and it does! I have tried the hydrating version also, which gives my skin a lovely glow. I don't use this in summer however as my skin gets a little bit of shine on its own.

Application: Only a pea size amount is required per application. The trick is to massage the product a little, between your fingers first, then massage lightly onto the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by puppyluv2620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

first of all never have i ever purchased a full size foundation primer by any company. i always seem to have enough points at sephora to pick up another one to try or i get them as sample sizes in swaps and it tends to take me a while to go through them manily because i never thought they worked. most of them made my face oily throughout the day and my skin is not that oily and i never saw any difference in my pores except maybe they were bigger looking. so anyway i had enough points at sephora to chose a product and i was low on my nars foundation primer sample so i decided to pick up the laura mercier foundation primer. i've used it for about 2 weeks now and its amazing. my face stays matte all day, my foundation stays put, even my highlight stays on my cheekbone whihc is something i had a problem with fading rather quickly. my pores are basically invisible so i can use a mac msf for blush now over this primer. this is by far the best one i have ever used and i have sampled a ton. it has not broken me out yet and if it does that will be very unfortunate because i love this stuff. i am very skeptical of primers because i just never thought they were necessary or would actually do what they said but this one honestly does work really well for me. i'm not sure how much the full size costs but at this point i don't really care. i'll be purchasing it anyway because to me it is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by liveitup

I really like this product. This was the primer I've ever bought but I neglected it because I was on a make up frenzy phase. But I just picked it up again and realized that, of all the primers I've used before, this one is definitely one of the best.

It really smooths out my skin and fills in all my pores. I have the Oil-Free product and it does keep me matte somewhat throughout the day - other primers would not mattify my face despite it's oil-free and shine-control labels. I like how the consistency doesn't feel all slimy and silicon-y. It just feels like any other moisturizer/lotion (but one that dries very fast on your face). I've completely changed my face routine at the beginning of the year (which includes this primer) and I'm happy to say my breakouts have been very minimal to none. No idea if it's the other products I'm using or whether it's just a coincidence, but I'll give it the benefit of my doubt. :)

I agree though, the smell is horrible, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I'd buy this product again hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This smooths my skin and appears to minimise pores, it also fixes my foundation like glue. I've used it under BB skin foundation with no balling. I like the fresh look it leaves on the skin so sometimes just use this and concealer where needed with no foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I got a couple sample packets of this when I purchased the mineral powder last fall. I think I used one packet three times and I still have some left. It does leave your skin soft and silky but for me it's an extra step and product that I really don't need. LM's mineral foundation is just about perfect in every way all by itself, so I didn't see any real enhancement by using this product before applying it. Maybe it works better with the liquid foundation. The "mineral, oil-free, and hydrating" primer formulas contain silicones but this one doesn't.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Tidecyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Citrus Auraantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Honey Extract (Mel), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Due to my oily skin I bought the Oil Free version of this product but found the smell of this product so off putting i went to counter to make sure it hadn't gone off but was advised this is normal for the product. Although it does smooth out the surface of the skin i have found better primers all around, like mac prep and prime and benefit That Gal. I wouldn't buy this purely due to the strength of smell being so off putting. If you can deal with it, it is very smoothing on the skin but for me I need the whole package for something to be worth that money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i dont know why so many ppl dont like, but i was pretty much impressed by this product when i first used it. well, i think the reason why a lot of ppl hate this product is that they expect wrong result from this primer. it is not a oil-control primer. do not buy it if you wish it will prevent you from getting oily face. it actually even will make your t-zone more oily.
it is actually a smooth and silky finish primer, which means once you apply it as a primer and then apply foundation on. your foundation will be much easier to be applied smoothly and give you a silky finish. i have combonation skin, so i only apply this product on my cheeks and i found that the side with this product as a bace, its foundation is much more natural and silky, and the side without this product is much more caky looking. just be careful dont apply it on your t-zone if you have oily t-zone like me.
i will say the price is kind of pricy but a good quality face product wont make your skin more and more dull or harm your skin as most of drugstore products do. so i think i will repurchase it except i found another more satisfying one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The primer helps foundation and blush last longer, smells pleasant and it is not too heavy. A little product goes a long way. LM's SA said that it does not contain silicone, but dimethicone is one of the top ingreadients of this primer!! I much prefer this primer to the Smashbox one (which is pure silicone slathered on my face, I hate it!).

Is it useful? I am doubtful. It does what it says on the box, it is pretty expensive and I do not see it becoming a staple in my make up box. I will finish the tube and very unlikely purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by silvermoong

This primer makes my skin oily and makes blending my foundation very difficult. However, it doesn't break me out. I'm switching to the oil free primer now and will write a review about it soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is hard to apply because its really sticky. And makes my face feel oily throughout the day. Although it did help my make up apply easier and last longer, I don't like the stickiness of it at all. I reccomend getting a sample before buying.