April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this comes in a spray bottle. This says it's supposed to keep your skin fresh, help with acne, and control oil. However, this did nothing for me. I felt like I was spraying water on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by love4lacquer

I really like this toner, and have been using it in combination with other LUSH skincare products and so far my skin has felt the best it has ever felt, and breakouts are definitely lessening. See my other LUSH reviews for information on the products I use and results I get.

This is a huge bottle for the price, which is something I appreciate since I used to feel like I was buying my old toner every other week it used up so fast. This one is lasting a long time and I still have tons to go.

I like the spray format, since I can spray it over my whole face, or directly onto a cotton pad. I love the smell, its refreshing and not offensive, although this is a personal observation and others may not enjoy the scent.

On a side note, I was originally told not to rub it in, just spray on my face and leave it. Then i was told to rub it in with my fingers. And recently decided to use the cotton pad. I have not seen immediately more effective results using the cotton pad to rub it in, so LUSH sales girl who said not to rub in was way wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't use toners, but I really like this product. I bought it a year ago during my trip to Las Vegas. It doesn't irritate my skin. I wouldn't say that I need this product, but I might look back into it one day. The price is a little steep for a small bottle. It smells nice and doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky. I can't tell whether it is effective at removing traces of dirt, makeup or sebum since I use a cleansing oil and foaming cleanser before hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Mouldy

Some people say they don't like this toner because it doesn't really DO anything, but that's exactly why I like it! All i'm looking for is something watery and non-sticky to remove any last traces of cleanser, leaving a completely clean canvas for my moisturiser to absorb or for make-up application, and this is perfect.
This will not work as a toner if you just spray it on, you have to use it on a cotton pad and swipe over.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by jennyfury1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this to help with my acne due to its antibacterial properties but I don't think it's doing much. It feels refreshing and softens my skin but that wasn't what I was looking for. Probably won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkfuzzycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this toner consistently for 6 years now and will still continue to repurchase! I found it to be an overall great product. It is very refreshing, cleans the skin without over-drying and smells slightly but not overpowering, over tea-tree.
In the first year (when I had oily skin and outbreaks), I found the the toner did help with acne control and oilness. Nowadays, my skin is combination and I find it helps to balance my skin - it slightly hydrates my skin after washing (but I still have to follow up with a moisturiser).
When travelling, I carry with me the travel-size 100g bottle and found it clear customs and works great in different climates (Europe and Asia).
It's not the cheapest toner but neither is it the most expensive - especially for a product that delivers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Tea Tree Water in the evening after I washed my face. I didn't find it very effective at removing excess oil and cleansers as I have with previous toners. Also didn't see much difference in how my skin looked. But after re-reading some of these reviews, maybe I need to try it again. I'm also used to applying toner onto a cotton ball and then wiping it over my face, so I'm not too fond of the spray bottle, although it does feel refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Bayou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought the small bottle of this toner and thought it was okay. Refreshing to spray on your face when you are overheated or after a workout. However, as a toner it does not really do much. The spray bottle is nice, but I could purchase a spray bottle at the drugstore and fill it with water to mist my face with. It was also quite expensive for such a small bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know what to think! One one hand it is a good toner and does what its meant to. On the other hand the smell of tea tree is very faint so i feel like i am literally just spraying water on my face, so for this price it does seem a bit unworthy. Another con is the spray bottle which is great for refreshment throughout the day, but i really like to apply my toner with cotton balls after cleansing. When i spray onto the cotton ball its like i have to spray about 10 times to get a decent amount.. not good value for money but a good toner i agree.
EDIT: I repurchased this and now realise what a waste of money this is. I even added a few drops of pure tea tree oil to make it more effective! Really, just make your own or try elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another so-so product for me from Lush, it's not bad but not great either - it isn't doing anything bad to my skin but equally it isn't really helping it in any way either. I originally bought this as a spray to use throughout the day as I have a habit of touching my face and thought this would help take care of any bacteria I might spread, I then tried using it as a toner but I double cleanse so my face rinses clean after the second cleanse anyway so I don't particularly need one. It made a nice refreshing spray when my skin was tired and uncomfortable in the afternoons but hasn't done much more than that - I don't see any oil balancing or reduction in pimples - so I won't repurchase but I will finish the bottle I have.