July 22, 2014 | 1411 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Stakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture of this powder is really good, but the colour runs a little too dark for my liking. If it came in a colour similar to the MAC Blot Powder (which is what I use now) I'd definitely purchase again. I find the applicator provided really nice to use. Not bad if you're not as fair as me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

I swapped for this without any particular forethought, but I'm glad I did, because it's a great product! I have it in NW-20, which is my exact match. It's a smooth pressed powder that offers light coverage, minimizes pores, mattes oily t-zones, and has great staying power.

On my quick face/natural look days, I use my ELF Studio powder brush (extremely soft dense flat-top brush) and apply this over my nose, cheeks, and forehead, after a little concealer. I don't usually reapply, but this lasts very nicely. Maybe it's a touch on the expensive side, but it works better than DS powders I've tried. Hasn't caused any skin irritation either.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lileffer77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this product back in December and only regularly started using it about a month ago. I used it to set my colorstay foundation everyday and was raaather pleased with the result. My skin looked perfectly smooth, radiant, and flawless. And then of course it broke me out after about only 3 or 4 days of consistently wearing it. I broke out in places where I never get zits, so it kind of threw me. It didn't take me long to realize this product was the culprit-- it was the only thing I'd changed in my routine. And now that I've switched back to a cheaper yet more trustworthy powder I'm familiar with, my face is back to normal, thank goodness.

So sad I can't use it anymore. I was quite taken with it. I won't be trusting any of MAC's face products in the future, I've heard too many stories of women's skin not reacting well to them, and now I've experienced it for myself. I'll just be sticking to their shadows and lipglass for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

This is one of my favorite powders. I notice that more people seem to prefer the Mineralize Skinfinish, however I find that it emphasizes my pores and does not control my oily skin very well. Select Sheer really has one of the finest, softest textures in pressed powder that I ever felt. It feels almost creamy. It gives a soft-focus finish to my foundation because it is very light, not chalky at all. I find that it is better to buy one shade down because most powders oxidize a bit during the day, especially if you have oily skin. (I am normally NC15, but in this I bought NC5) It really makes my skin look 10x better!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by egrenierca

Love this powder. I hate to say it but paying more is a good idea when it comes to make up lol. I have tried sooooo many products and i really like this powder. it makes my skin so soft after applying it and when i apply over my studio fix fluid foundation my skin looks fabulous. it evens everything out so nice and sets everything perfectly. it makes my pores less visible and its lovely:) the packaging is like a typical compact and comes with a sponge which i do use. i like a fuller coverage and i find that applying it with the sponge is a great way to achieve the look i want. i don't pack it on but i just press it onto my skin for that perfect look. some people talk about leaving the sponge in compact making a crust on the top, but i simply turn it over so the sponge part is faving the mirror instead of the product itself. the price is a bit expensive but it's one of the best i have used to i guess it's worth it. great stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a fan of this powder, typical powder storage like the Cover Girl powder you kept in your purse in 7th grade :-) The powder is sheer and lasts for quite awhile. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in NC30 and NC55. The reason being: I use NC30 when I get a little tanned in the summer, so I just use a Kabuki brush to dust the product over my foundation. I use NC55 to contour my face (mainly to make it look smaller and thinner). You need to wear finishing powder over the SSPs because if you have oily-combo skin like I do, it doesn't stay on all day.

Most people use bronzers to contour their face. However, I prefer my NC55 over all bronzers because I don't like the shimmer in bronzers and they're more expensive. For example, the MSFs are significantly pricier than the Select Sheer Pressed, and high quality bronzers like NARS Laguna is $18 more than what I pay for MAC SSPs.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ladychris17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works to lessen oil, but not worth the money although it's really not THAT expensive, there are probably other products that would work better for me.

I only use this to balance my skintone because I bought the wrong shade for my foundation which is too light, so I have this in a darker shade than my skintone. If I honestly didn't buy the wrong shade of foundation, I'd totally skip this and go straught to applying loose powder instead. Kinda does the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realy like this powder.
In the past I keep on buying this in
the wrong colour. It's not my fould
Its the MUA fould. I find out that if you need pressed
powder or loose powder you need to
get 1 or 2 shades lighter. Then its perfect.
I have NC37 in foundations.
So in pressed powder it;s nc 30 or nc 25
sometimes Nc 25 is saver. nc40 is way to dark.
And It can make you look orange
or grey. Some people where wrong
colour thats why it's make your face looks
fake or orange or horrible.
You always can ask for a sample before you buy.
Never buy powder in the same colour as your foundation.
If your nc 30 then go for the nc 25or nc 20

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by honeydovey

Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again. Reasons are that I find it like many other pressed powders out there and this one only did an ok job. I find this powder does not suit people with dry skin especially if you have some parts that are flaky this will show up very well all the dry patches. I like the extremely soft puff that comes with this compact but it seems to make the unpleasant of the powder stronger when applied to the face. You can't smell the unpleasant scent in the compact but once applied on, it really stinks. By using a brush, it really diminishes that unpleasant scent. The product does make my skin matte for a while but still not worth the full price that I paid for it.