July 29, 2014 | 2151 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lovejoynr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. I have Milani Luminous as well as Nars Orgasm and I love this blush much much more. I find that Pearlescent Pink has more pink rather than gold - this is the issue I have with Orgasm and Luminous. I never had a problem with chalkiness whether I was an NC20 to when I am tan at NC30-NW30.

The packaging is terrible. It is very flimsy. The clear part of the container broke off on mine. I decided to just put some super glue on it and it was like new.

With the wear I never had a problem with fading. Though I don't touch my face throughout the day. I use blot film or any oil absorber sheets and this blush didn't transfer. I've had this blush for years. I had took a break from using is simply because there is so much out there to try! Even with as much as I have used, I still have not hit pan. Amazing!

Worth the $2.99 - Go get it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a pink blush that is more on the warm side rather the cool side.
In the pan it looks warm pink with a slight melon tone with golden shimmer. How uniquely lovely! I though

Once applied it is a different story...
It went on powdery and chalky with gold glitter specks. The color applied was just an ordinary pink that was a bit too talc-like, kind of like the toy make up you can purchase at the dollar stores.

I must admit I used the little brush it comes with and... Horrid!

I tried applying a swatch with my fingers and not much better :(

Perhaps I got one from a bad lot? Maybe I might get it again just out of curiosity to see if it's better the next time around.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by bluesuze

Wow, this is a 5 star blush, and I like this better than my $25 Orgasm blush that takes multiple swipes to show up on my pale skin. If I would have found this first I would have never spent all that $ on a Nars blush.
I use a skunk brush to apply Pearlescent Pink and it looks so lovely on my NC15 complexion. You only need a tiny swipe and I imagine this will last me years.
Attention Wet n Wild... if you are reading this, PLEASE make a prettier packaging for this blush! I find the grey case so cheap and ugly... I almost hate using it because I hate the packaging so much, but the blush itself is gorgeous.. sigh..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kittygawah

love love love
my favorite blush :)
super pigmented and a perfect color for a light glow
blend it out a lot so the sparkles are toned down

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this at CVS for $1.49, and when I got home, I applied it right away. LOVE IT!! At first, I don't see it being a dupe for Nars Orgasm or Milani Luminous, but once I put it on, I see the similarities. My current HG blush is Milani Luminous (check my reviews), and I think that this will be replacing it now. With Milani Luminous, I have to keep packing it on to get some color, but with this, I just do one swipe with my MAC187, and it's more than enough. Plus, this is a lot cheaper too. I will definitely be going back tomorrow to stock up. (NC35)
~~~EDIT 07/30/09~~~
I just realized that this doesn't give me a glowy look like Milani Luminous does..but I still like the pigmentation, so I'll probably end up using this with Milani Luminous blush on top..
~~~EDIT 08/03/09~~~
I now use this with WnW's bronzer in Acapulco on top..gives me the glow that I want.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my go-to, daily blush. I'm about NC35 and compared to my other pink blushes, this one shows up ! I don't get the complaints about the packaging, I use a different brush, and have no problems with it. Doesn't seem flimsy to me. I never would have tried it without MUA's Make Up Board suggestion. And I want to check out their other shades now since this one is so pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, so I didn't actually buy this blush for myself (it was sister, who needed a blush ASAP). However, I've been debating for a few months if I should get it or not. I hate wasting time and money (although cheap) on products I'll eventually toss out, let alone drugstore brand makeup. Long story short, it was sitting on her bed in package still and I decided to be the first one to break it in...lol! Low and behold --- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. It's much more pigmented than my NARS Orgasm which you can barely see on my skin tone. This has the right amount of pinkish color too it; with a tad hint of shimmer. IMO: would work on most skin tones :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great everyday blush-- I prefer it to the $25 NARS Amour blush I got as a gift. A neutral, shimmery peach-pink that's pigmented and lasts a long time, even on my oily skin. I use my own fluffy brush with it (as I do with all blushes) and it applies very smoothly and evenly without streaking. I think this shade would work best on fair to light complexions; it is neutral-toned enough to work with any shade of lipcolor. For $2.99, I've got a blush I can just apply perfectly, get on with my day, and know I'm looking fresh and alive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up 2 days ago and so far, it's definitely love. The packaging sucks, but the blush itself is amazing. It's buttery soft, very pigmented, easily blendable, not chalky (at least on my light to medium skin tone), and althought a little more shimmer than i'd like, I just tap off the skunk brush and blend really well and the shimmers turn into a sheen. It brightens up my cheeks for the summer and it's what I hoped milani's luminous would be. It lasted 6 hours on me with primer and foundation and powder underneath, and it did not oxidize and change color. It didn't break me out either, and I was afraid since it's such a cheap product haha. I would definitely repurchase, if I ever finish this pan up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

Those who say this is better quality than Orgasm are mad! It is the cheapest blush i've ever seen so obviously i don't expect it to be better than expensive NARS blushes, and while it is good for the 2 gbp i paid, the cheapness shows.

I own a few Orgasm dupes but this is the chalkiest and least silky. It is a nice colour (it's a bit more dusty pink than Orgasm on me) but has small bits of glitter rather than the subtle shimmer of Orgasm and Milani Luminous (hands down, the best dupe).

It didnt last very long either - most of it was gone in an hour and i rarely touch my cheeks! I would buy again though as it is a bargain and a nice shade, but the price does show through the quality.