Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/4/2009 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wet 'n' Wild is such a surprise sometimes. This blush and their bronzzers (and the tacky looking Megaglo highlighters) are all fantastic. The color payoff is amazing and I like them as much or more than my MAC and NARS products.

Plus, depotting them is really easy - and since they're square, they fit nicely into makeup palettes. That way you won't be reminded that you're using a pre-teen brand every day.

on 10/13/2009 10:57:00 AM

This was super cheap Ė saw it at Tescoís for £1.xx. The packaging isnít great Ė but thatís not what I bought it for. Havenít noticed a scent, so no comment there. I threw out the brush, but since when do you expect the included brush to be superior to your own?

This colour is perfect for my NC35 skin. I use a skunk brush to apply bronzer along the sides of my face, then an angled blush brush (very carefully roll the brush, then shake off excess) to taptaptap this onto the apples of my cheeks. Itís a lovely peachy pink with gold undertones and just a tad too much shimmer, while itís quite pigmented, itís still easily blended. It lasts most of the day on me.

Even though itís a pressed powder, itís quite loosely packed so be careful when you dip your brush into the pan coz it easily crumbles and bits flake off which feels wasteful. Although at this price, easily and affordably replaced at a snip!

on 9/5/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this blush. I have Milani Luminous as well as Nars Orgasm and I love this blush much much more. I find that Pearlescent Pink has more pink rather than gold - this is the issue I have with Orgasm and Luminous. I never had a problem with chalkiness whether I was an NC20 to when I am tan at NC30-NW30.

The packaging is terrible. It is very flimsy. The clear part of the container broke off on mine. I decided to just put some super glue on it and it was like new.

With the wear I never had a problem with fading. Though I don't touch my face throughout the day. I use blot film or any oil absorber sheets and this blush didn't transfer. I've had this blush for years. I had took a break from using is simply because there is so much out there to try! Even with as much as I have used, I still have not hit pan. Amazing!

Worth the $2.99 - Go get it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This a pink blush that is more on the warm side rather the cool side.
In the pan it looks warm pink with a slight melon tone with golden shimmer. How uniquely lovely! I though

Once applied it is a different story...
It went on powdery and chalky with gold glitter specks. The color applied was just an ordinary pink that was a bit too talc-like, kind of like the toy make up you can purchase at the dollar stores.

I must admit I used the little brush it comes with and... Horrid!

I tried applying a swatch with my fingers and not much better :(

Perhaps I got one from a bad lot? Maybe I might get it again just out of curiosity to see if it's better the next time around.

on 9/4/2009 3:06:00 PM

Wow, this is a 5 star blush, and I like this better than my $25 Orgasm blush that takes multiple swipes to show up on my pale skin. If I would have found this first I would have never spent all that $ on a Nars blush.
I use a skunk brush to apply Pearlescent Pink and it looks so lovely on my NC15 complexion. You only need a tiny swipe and I imagine this will last me years.
Attention Wet n Wild... if you are reading this, PLEASE make a prettier packaging for this blush! I find the grey case so cheap and ugly... I almost hate using it because I hate the packaging so much, but the blush itself is gorgeous.. sigh..

on 8/8/2009 10:54:00 PM

love love love
my favorite blush :)
super pigmented and a perfect color for a light glow
blend it out a lot so the sparkles are toned down

on 7/29/2009 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this at CVS for $1.49, and when I got home, I applied it right away. LOVE IT!! At first, I don't see it being a dupe for Nars Orgasm or Milani Luminous, but once I put it on, I see the similarities. My current HG blush is Milani Luminous (check my reviews), and I think that this will be replacing it now. With Milani Luminous, I have to keep packing it on to get some color, but with this, I just do one swipe with my MAC187, and it's more than enough. Plus, this is a lot cheaper too. I will definitely be going back tomorrow to stock up. (NC35)
~~~EDIT 07/30/09~~~
I just realized that this doesn't give me a glowy look like Milani Luminous does..but I still like the pigmentation, so I'll probably end up using this with Milani Luminous blush on top..
~~~EDIT 08/03/09~~~
I now use this with WnW's bronzer in Acapulco on top..gives me the glow that I want.

on 7/28/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has become my go-to, daily blush. I'm about NC35 and compared to my other pink blushes, this one shows up ! I don't get the complaints about the packaging, I use a different brush, and have no problems with it. Doesn't seem flimsy to me. I never would have tried it without MUA's Make Up Board suggestion. And I want to check out their other shades now since this one is so pigmented.

on 7/23/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

OK, so I didn't actually buy this blush for myself (it was sister, who needed a blush ASAP). However, I've been debating for a few months if I should get it or not. I hate wasting time and money (although cheap) on products I'll eventually toss out, let alone drugstore brand makeup. Long story short, it was sitting on her bed in package still and I decided to be the first one to break it in...lol! Low and behold --- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. It's much more pigmented than my NARS Orgasm which you can barely see on my skin tone. This has the right amount of pinkish color too it; with a tad hint of shimmer. IMO: would work on most skin tones :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great everyday blush-- I prefer it to the $25 NARS Amour blush I got as a gift. A neutral, shimmery peach-pink that's pigmented and lasts a long time, even on my oily skin. I use my own fluffy brush with it (as I do with all blushes) and it applies very smoothly and evenly without streaking. I think this shade would work best on fair to light complexions; it is neutral-toned enough to work with any shade of lipcolor. For $2.99, I've got a blush I can just apply perfectly, get on with my day, and know I'm looking fresh and alive.

Popular Blush Products