August 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by allielautner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I work at Macy's in cosmetics and had one of the girls at Estée dram me a couple samples of this stuff to make sure I liked it. I AM SOLD. I am about to buy the full bottle because this stays on my skin like nothing else. I've used anything long lasting, from Revlon CS to MUFE Mat Velvet + and this stays on all day. From my 8 am class to the end of my work day at 9 pm. Freakin impressive. And I have oily/combo oily skin with acne and scarring. Amazing. HG product for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I am already a major convert to EL Double Wear Light (Intensity 1) so I thought I would give the original formula a go. My real problem area is my chin- where I benefit from higher coverage and I figured that DW could potentially eliminate the need for concealer.

I did the website guide to matching the right colour for you and it came out with shade Bone 1W1. However in store the consultant matched me with Cool Bone 1C1. (The W stands for 'Warm' and the C, 'Cool'). This is where the problems start. Basically there is no perfect match for my skintone. I am pale skinned with yellow/olive undertones. The problem is that the warmer, fair colours are too yellow. The colour that I was matched to is close, as close as they can offer, but still not perfect. I am probably being a little harsh but for me it's so important to get the absolute perfect colour match with a really pigmented heavy foundation.

So coverage- coverage is good. DW applies like a skin paint. Once it's dried, it is on. And it's not coming off without some surfactant action! However, it is maybe not quite as heavy as I thought it would be. I expected it to be very significantly heavier than DW Light and it actually isn't. One big downside to the heavier 'dried on' formula is that around the mouth area where there is a lot movement and elasticity of the skin- the foundation has actually cracked when I smile. The lines are fine but they are there- not a great look!

I can understand why some women love DW. It's just not a great match for me and my needs. I will be staying with DW Light + concealer for the time-being.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation gives very good coverage. I mix it with Estee Lauder Advanced night repair, I think this makes it sort of BB cream. Didn't get any break outs which is a big advantage for me. A bit overpriced, but ok if you buy it with an offer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm halfway through my second bottle of this and I've been using it for about a year. Its the only foundation which I trust to wear through 12 hour shifts and important events. I even wore it snorkelling on vacation and it stayed put!!

Although I keep trying other foundations in the hope that I'm suddenly going to look 10 years younger, I ALWAYS end up wearing this when I know it's going to be a long day with no touch-ups whatsoever. It gives an even, no fuss, medium, not too heavy coverage. Is fast and foolproof to apply, doesn't enlarge pores and sits really nicely with MAC blot powder.

All in all its a fantastic, practical, every day foundation. The bottle will last around 6 months which makes the price worth it. Its a really really good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by soufos

I have been using this for a few months now and have to say that I love it so much it has inspired me to write my first review! It goes on evenly, gives amazing coverage and lasts all day. I used a different foundation today and I can really notice the difference in how my skin looks (awful). EL Double Wear isn't a light weight foundation, it does feel a bit heavy on application, but its coverage and staying power is unbeatable. I have tried so many foundations but this is by far my favourite. I love it!
The only way I would improve it is to suggest it came with a press button applicator to control how much comes out of the pot

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

OK, I am kind of afraid to say this, but I think I may have found my HG foundation. This stuff is seriously amazing. I have medium skin with a lot of redness and wow, does this stuff seriously neutralize the redness. I have only been using for 4 days, so I want to make sure there are no break-outs, but I am seriously impressed right now. After spending over $60 for Hourglass, I am so happy to have found a foundation I like more, for a lot less $$$...

*update* Definitely my HG, compliments galore, natural looking and hasn't broken me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by xoAimee

I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear (shade 1W1 Bone) for 2 years now, but lately i have noticed a change in the product, its a lot more watery and doesn't give the 'matte' finish it used to, it just gives a very shiny finish and it wears off throughout the day, leaving you looking very blotchy. This was my favourite foundation by a mile, but now im starting to look elsewhere..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by CarolynK70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have ever used. I do have a even skin tone so a little goes a long way for me. I actually had a MAC employee ask me what I was wearing and she also fell in love with it. I would totally repurchase this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Clarke2513

I love this foundation as I have quite bad acne if cover anything !!! :) however the formula has kinda changed a little only in terms of color really , the old bottle with the white writing on it was a lot better in terms of color :) the new ones with the blue writing on the bottle are definitely darker and more orange however the coverage and other stuff is still the same but I just don't know how they can have the same names even tho the new colors are blatantly different anyway with the new formula I just kinda went a shade down but it's still too dark so if your are using the new formula one just buy a couple of shades lighter than you used to buy with the old one ... Still the best full coverage foundation I have ever had me and both my sister have used it for years now , and I have tries makeup forever hd , smash box studio fix plus , Dior forever , Dior nude , revolt photo finish , double wear max cover , benefit and you name it and I will always go back to this is skit so reliable and amazing , however I have noticed even tho makeup artist all go on about primer all the primers I have used with this don't work so I have now stopped using primer with this :) however I do mix it with some benefit high beam and it goes on perfectly when I apply with a stippling brush and also when I wear this with primer and sleep in it over night it rubs off but when I don't wear primer it stay on all overnight and doesn't budge :) best foundation. Out there !!!! :) worth the price , could have a better bottle like a pump because pouring does waste quite a bit :) but other than that it's top notch !!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At last, the Holy Grail has been found. I am 53 with normal to dry skin, and after all these years of trying EVERYTHING out there, I finally thought I'd try THE best known one, and I am so pleased, the colour match is perfect and it makes my skin look really youthful not too dewy, and not matte. One bug bear is that I have waited this long.