December 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok this pigment is amazing you can use it for highlight the face, your eyes you can mix it in your foundation for a glow, but i don't use it that much, i just don't like having too much shine on my face, it is beautiful though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I just find it pointless to repeat what everyone is saying.

Vanilla pigment is just so versatile I use it in countless ways.

A must have.Will repurchase when I run out...which doesn't seem to be happening soon...there's just so much product!

At first I thought it was very average...but trying on other eye shadows never turn out as natural as vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kam6761

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a bunch of MAC samples in a swap, and this is the only one I've put a significant dent into. I find myself always reaching for it if I want a shimmery wash on the lid, and it's one of my favorites for brow highlighting. I think this is a pigment I will actually buy the full size of once I run out of my sample. If you're unsure about ordering a full size, go to one of my the many etailers that sells samples and pick one up. Chances are you'll love it, but if not you're only out a few bucks, as opposed to $20+!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I received this in a swap, but it's taken awhile for me to use it because it's creamy white in the jar. My first thought was that it would be a hott white mess on me so imagine my surprise when Vanilla showed up as a light golden color on my NC-45 skin. Huh? How did that happen? Who cares because this color is simply great. It's perfect as a browbone highlighter. I think anyone should be able to incorporate Vanilla with many different eye looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jkhan

I love mac pigments....and i like this too...but i really don't see what the hype is all about. Vanilla is a whit-gold pigment that is nice is a highlighter, but nothing more really. i guess i just like other highlighters more. didn't like it in my foundation either. but i like pigments so i'll give it a 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I unfortunately didn't feel the love for this product. It just did not suit my skin whatsoever. I have fair skin with blue undertones & this just made me look sallow. It didn't give my eyes a pretty "highlighted" look, it just made it look like I brushed on a sheer gold shade. I can see this looking pretty on other skin tones but this just did not work on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by LisaOrestea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only pigment I can ever see myself using up. I am SO sad that they have changed the packaging for this, but luckily I managed to obtain a big one before the change...so when this runs out, I think I will buy a new one, and decant into the old container (because the new taller jars wont fit in my pigment drawer :'()

But yeah, perfect highlight colour. Gorgeous to mix with lipgloss...just the most versatile cosmetic item that I own!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Extremely versatile MAC pigment that is IMHO quite dupeable, but lovely and is fairly easy to obtain for small potatoes in a sampler jar. I like the silky consistency of this pigment, it goes on like silk and is super easy to blend and layer. It feels buttery. No fall out as there is no glitter, just an ivory white similar in color to cream that has golden pearlescent sheen.

This is quite lovely as a brow color or in the inner corners of the eye to brighten them. It can be added to blush or face powder to add a subtle glow and I have heard it can be used on the cheeks as a highlighter.

This is such as versatile color I will always want some around as a staple. I would purchase a full jar if I found one at a reasonable price (I hate paying full price). this is relatively easy to obtain from etailers in the sample jars so I will likely never have to do that, but I think it is lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really want to like this product more but I just find it a pale gold rather than white as described by MAC.

I am a NC43 and this is quite opaque unless used very sparingly. I probably dont use this often as I tend to go towards more purples, silvers - cool tones.

Textures fantastic and container is naff as always
You get so much product for your money BUT MAC has now updated their containers (not sure if they contain sifters) but have reuced the amount you get from 7.5 gms to 4.5 gms and not even reduced the price - how mean!!!!

I will though be mixing this with either strobe or another cream texture product to use as a hightlighter and see how i go.

Will update when I get a chance.

Edit - two years on and ive disvovered this again. Although i dont reach for this everyday it looks quite good just on its own on the lid. I think the key for me is to use it sparingly and a fluffy brush so its a wash. Might try as a highlight and see how i go.
Have changed rating from 3 to a 4

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by FinalDestination019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a beautiful color and so totally versatile. I honestly don't buy a lot of pigments, as I rarely have much use for them, but I definitely love this one a lot. Great product that I will definitely repurchase.