Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract,tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Bht, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 3/2/2010 6:08:00 AM

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to have found this product. I have always been looking for full coverage foundations because of my horrible acne I had growing up. Although my skin is smooth now, I have a lof of the acne battle scars left on my face. I tried other full coverage and they all looked great when I put it on, but I few hours later, it didnt stay on.
This foundation makes your skin look so smooth and flawless. It is light weight (for full coverage that is), blends well, and has a soft smell. Although the color doesnt match my skin tone completely, I couldnt walk away from the counter without this product! So I mix this with my BB cream. I have only gotten compliments of my perfect skin (some of my close friends ask if I got a cosmetic procedure done for my scars)
I'd recommend you check it out. It wont dissappoint you and Im glad to say it is also "affordable" at about $30. When you find the miracle makeup, I feel that $30 is nothing! =)

on 2/27/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Best coverage foundation ever. It does accentuates flakes, but if your skin is well moisturized, you can have it. My skin is flawless when I put this on. The colour is perfect too. Just a great foundation.

on 2/8/2010 6:49:00 AM

They discontinued my color, changed the packaging, and then called my OLD color the same name as the NEW horrible color. I am about to write a NASTY letter to Estee Lauder. For a person with horrible skin discoloration, this is literally ruining my life. I HATE ESTEE LAUDER RIGHT NOW!!!!

on 2/5/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have done a lot of TV work -- demos and speaking etc. The Creamy Ivory color is perfect for my coloring and covers anything and everything which can make skin imperfect.

I put a pea size drop on my hand and mix with my Stila illuminating moisturizer, then apply with a foundation brush made of Taklon. After the initial application I start buffing with my MAC 187 and finish off with a spritz of Fix or Avene spray followed by powder. This is one of the two foundations which will totally cover my two melasma spots and which looks like I was poured from porcelain.

I will always have this in my personal stash and will always have in stock for clients.

on 2/4/2010 11:41:00 AM

Profile: 47 year-old red/brown hair, green eyes, combination skin, medium-fair with some freckles and age spots

Occupation: Fitness Instructor/very active/I need a foundation that is sweat-proof and will hold-up without touch-ups during the day because I do not have time.

History with this foundation: I have purchased this foundation on and off over the last 15 years.

Color: Creamy Vanilla (Light-Medium)

Pros: I have had this present tube of EL Maximum Cover for about 2 years and there is about 2 years worth or more left. If a person's goal is to cover or camoflauge areas, then this should be used alone and with a concealer brush. Use with a dabbing motion and use "sparingly", then build coverage over the flaw gradually. I use this as a general foundation but if I use it alone, I apply VERY SPARINGLY with a foundation brush. If I use a sponge, then I "DAB" it on.

Favorite way to use: I like to mix a "dab" of EL maximum cover with a tinted moisturizer, such as LM's oil-free. I either mix them together in the palm of my hand, then use a foundation brush or...I apply the LM's oil-free tinted moisturizer with a foundation brush, then apply EL's "a dab will do it", maximum cover in the palm of my hand and apply with a foundation brush over the tinted moisturizer. During the winter, I rarely set this with powder, but during the summer I use a powder. Your favorite powder will work.

Because of my active life-style, this foundation runs a close race with EL's Double-Wear. I like the creaminess of maximum cover better than Doublewear though. It has great staying power, and I rarely have to do any touch-ups during the day.

Cons: They do not offer many colors, and it might be necessary to buy two different colors and mix them. Also, this foundation has a tendency to look "dull" or "mask-like", but do not let that deter you. This can be fixed by applying a shimmery bronzer, such as an EL bronzer, Cargo Medium bronzer, or one of the Sugar brand bronzers. If you choose to use a setting powder, use the powder first, then the bronzer.

Overall, this is one of my HG foundations and is worth the purchase. Everyone is different and you have to find what works for you when mixing and trying to find the right look. Once that look is found, you will stay with this foundation because of the price, coverage, and generous "a little goes a long way" concept.

on 12/30/2009 6:50:00 AM

It is all individual.

Excellent foundation for certain types of skin. I have mixed, uneven tone, acne prone skin with enlarged pores. You name it, I have it.
I’ve been using Revlon Colorstay for years but I started to feel tired of it. It is excellent foundation but very thick and I wanted to try some other brand.

After reading many forum posts, I decided to try this maximum coverage foundation.

Just a little amount is enough to cover the whole face and it blends perfectly. I prefer to apply it with fingers. Excellent coverage! But this lasts only 1 hour on my face. Probably it is reacting with my face oil and it is literally ‘’melting’’ on me. I’ve tried to set it with translucent powder but no success. It goes into my pores and make them more visible.

Again, it is all individual. I will try two more foundations (Vichy Dermablend and MUFE Mat Velvet + ) before I make the final verdict and stick to Revlon Colorstay

on 12/4/2009 11:34:00 AM

I first bought this to use in my wedding, which I did and it looked fantastic. After the wedding I wanted to still use it but now have SO much coverage. I apply it with my MAC kabuki brush and apply only 4-5 SMALL pinhead amounts to the brush and I can do my whole face and it looks flawless. I have tried Double Wear, and MUFE HD, etc and I always come back to this. You definitely need a brush and have to use it very sparingly for everyday use, but it creates the most soft flawless finish, and the color matches exactly for me. Definitely my HG foundation!!

on 11/18/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is definitely not for asian skin! it has a peachy undertone, which does not mix at all with asians' yellow undertones

also this product oxidizes quick. for a few moments, it looks like it blends well. but by the time i'm out of the darker, i look like i got a tan! There seems to be such a great hype over this, but if you have yellow undertones (asians) I definitely do not recommend. it's ridiculously expensive, i will never finish this tube (you only need very small amounts to apply), and i wasted 40 bucks =[

On a side note, I heard that revlon is good at not oxidizing and staying the same color. But i know someone who uses revlon and the stuff looks cakey on her, but maybe she just puts too much. who knows

on 11/5/2009 11:19:00 PM

LUV LUV !!! found my new favorite foundaion. I never leave the house without foundation. I hate my skin. Ihave combo skin and when i was 23 i got cystic acne which left me with some nasty acne scars.. When i turn 40..in 4 yrs iam going to get lazer treatment. My friends tell me its not that bad..but i hate it anyhow..alittle goes a long way,,,i purchased the creamy tan along with the ivory beige double wear stay-in-place powder. i dust my face with their bronze godess...i look flawless...many compliments...iam so happy..i prime my face with monistat chafing relief and and 5 dabs of the max coverage and blend it in...perfecto...give it a try...

on 10/22/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have to say i was impressed. This foundation did a good job concealing my red acne scars, oversized pores and undereye circles. . The finish is very silky and smooth, which is hard to get from a full coverage foundation. Like my Revlon Color Stay, for example, which is full coverage, i end up with a caked on finish, but this one just glides on like icing yumm. My skin looked "almost" flawless. The reason i say "almost" and the reason i gave this 5 lippies is because the shade closest to my skin tone was a little too dark for me (medium deep). So other than the lack in the variety of shades this is the perfect foundation for those of us who want to hide all of our flaws in one easy step. It also controls oil for about 4 hours which is AMAMZING for me, because i have the oiliest skin in the world, but if you have the norm oil production it should control oil even longer. Make you sure you spend some time washing it off because this product sticks to your face like glue so only a good make-up remover will do the trick (I use Cetaphil cleanser) followed by a toner or a scrub. Thats probably why i will only wear this on special occasions. On normal blah days i just wear my Revlon Color Stay or Iman Second to None (both very comparable) Oh yeah and this requires some serious blending or else you end up looking like you have a muddy face and we don't want that.. but i don't mind the blending...
SO this is NOT for a first time foundation user, like i said it requires decent blending tecniques.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective