September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful, middle-of-the-road cleanser. :]. When I'm not treating the occasional zit, or in need of some exfoliating, or tending to redness, I reach for this.
I have combination skin, but am mostly dry, so I'm surprised at all the complaints people have about it. In fact, it's one of the few cleansers I own that doesn't have that typical uncomfortably-tight-after feel.
I love the fact it has a small amount of salicylic acid, but doesn't push that it's an anti-acne product-- it makes me feel like it's just enough to prevent a pimple, but not enough to chew away at too much of my skin's natural oil.
My face and Neutrogena have been peas in a pod since I first started washing my face, and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I've been using this ever since puberty ended and my acne went away. Be forewarned, this isn't meant for acne ridden skin. It doesn't clear up my breakouts, but it definitely helps prevent them. It leaves my skin fresh and bright and soft. I switch up my skincare routine once in a while, but I always come back to this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

I tried this cause I heard a lot of good reviews with this. Can't really say it helps with acne but yes it does prevent it. Make your skin very smooth afterward and has that tingly feeling as you wash letting you know its deep cleaning your pores etc & then ever after washing it off, you still have that tingly feeling which is nice.This product lasted me about a month using it only at night (sometimes morning but not really) so if you wanted this to last you for a couple months for the price I highly doubt it will & I only used about a loonie size to wash my face. The main reason why I'll buy this again is because it controls my oily skin! My t-zone gets really oily throughout the day but this keeps it under control until I go to bed which I really love :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by janeeyen

This product does EXACTLY what is says on the bottle. Yes, it penetrates and improves your complexion, but nothing more than that. It made me skin feel pretty soft after-wards and left it with a tingly feeling which was nice. Even though it didn't really do anything in terms of fighting acne, I do feel as though it prevents it. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great, non-drying cleanser. My face is very soft after using this and it helps to keep blackheads and blocked pores under control. The minty tingle is wonderful! I like the whole deep clean line but this is the best, especially for winter. Moderately priced, maybe a little over $6 US. Oily skin can really benefit from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rockerlc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG cleansers! I've been using this product for the past 7 or 8 years and still reach for it at least a few times a week. I agree that it doesn't really clear blackheads or acne, but it definitely helps with fading blemishes and decreasing pore size. I absolutely love the tingling feeling it gives. I have yet to find another product that gives the same effect (origins checks and balances is a good runner up!). Also, for my fellow clarisonic fanatics, try using this cleanser the next time you reach for the brush... It's a match made in heaven! After using this method, the words "deep clean" doesn't do justice to the feeling you'll get. Skin care products absorb quickly, makeup goes on flawlessly... People will be raving about how great your skin looks! A family friend couldn't believe that I had such a great complexion with out ever getting a facial or help from a dermatologist!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lucyfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is pretty awesome. I kinda use it like a face mask, leaving spots on the acne I get once in awhile while I'm in the shower. In addition, I know it sounds weird, but I leave the product a little bit on my face after washing- I mean, I don't rinse it very carefully (it tends to cling to the skin a bit) and the next morning it's soft and clear. It dries it out and leaves the skin soft- If I use a different acne-clearing product, I notice that my skin is way to dry or causing more irritation than with this product. I recommend it for people with somewhat sensitive skin and occasional acne- keeps the pores clean and the acne dried out once it appears. Pretty inexpensive, I guess....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by miikoong

This product was average. It really didn't do anything for my acne. But I liked the beads because it got rid of dead skin cells, and it makes your face feel clean afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by vanillabean97

I thought this product would help make my skin clearer and smoother. It did not do ANYTHING. it left a great clean feeling afterwards but didnt help my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by SequinsAndAbsinthe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uh oh! Never again. I don't know what happened with this product but it hurt when I put in on my face. All I got was a burning sensation that would not subside for hrs after I had washed it off. Someone mentioned the menthol being a potential irritant - they may be onto something there. Really disappointed, had t throw it all away :-(

Cannot rate it as a cleanser, all I know is it greatly irritated my not-too-sensitive skin.