Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 5/10/2011 5:06:00 AM

Very thick constitency, like a thick paste
stripped my face of oil, made me break out even more
smell is alright though.
made my pores huge.

I thought I'd give this a go after wanting to spend less on my skincare. I had been using Dermalogica for years and changing to this was a big mistake. I have been using it morning and night for two months and my skin has gone downhill big time. I break out constantly, always oily and my pores are huge. I realise it just may not be the right Neutrogena product for me, but it's gone to prove that for me, I do just need to stick to the more expensive, reliable brands.

on 4/24/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is not a miracle cleanser, but I think it does a very good job at cleansing and refreshing, so I keep coming back to it! I've also noticed that my acne fades in irritation and redness with regular use of this product. I also love the not-too-intense but noticable tingle, and the scent is pleasant, too. It's not too drying, so I can use a topical treatment if I wish.

To get the most thorough clean, I use with a washcloth or the scrublet from L'Oreal's 360 Clean line. I find myself craving the fresh, clean feeling I get from using this cleanser :)

on 4/7/2011 7:33:00 PM

GREAT DAILY CLEANSER! It gives you such a fresh feel from the second you apply it. I have tried many Neutrogena products and all of them are great! I've never had a big problem with acne, but my pores are quite visible- and i hate it! After using this cleanser each time, my skin is visibly clear and my complexion is great. This is my second tube and it lasts quite a long time. So I definitely reccomend this product :)

on 3/6/2011 1:59:00 PM

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER. I wouldn't use it alone thought. My routine is a normal face wash, a scrub and then this. This always gets my skin so clean and fresh and calms down redness like crazy. My pimples look smaller right after I use it. I use it as kind of a mask and leave it on for 3-5 minutes, it always works better for me when I do that. But it's very good if you want a deep clean without killing your skin.

on 2/21/2011 1:54:00 PM

this is a good face cleanser. i used to use it all the time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think maybe this cleanser would work IF I DIDN'T HAVE ACNE. I tried this and it only worked for a week. This stuff smells fairly good and I liked the tingly feeling I got from using this but after the week was up (I used this for about a month) and I got really horrible mean zits in a cluster on my right cheek which really pissed me off beyond explanation. This is crap. It doesn't work for my skin (semi-oily, combo skin if that's even a skin type). It's crap for teenagers but I think this is more suited to adult "acne" anyways so whatever but this is without doubt the all time worst cleanser I have ever tried.

on 2/9/2011 10:32:00 AM

LOVE this cleanser! I've tried other cleansers ...but I ALWAYS come back to this one!! I don't know why I just don't stick with this one forever.

I love the smell, and especially the tingly feeling on my face as soon as I use it!

Have purchased a lot, and will continue to purchase!

on 2/8/2011 3:37:00 PM

I was on a search to find a simple cream cleanser that didn't contain mineral oil (ie. Ponds). I found a generic version of this item for just $4 at CVS (on sale!). I thought it was worth a shot as Neutrogena is a reputable brand. My first use ended in excess tingling perhaps due to my zealous application. I realized the menthol was the culprit and the next time I used less of the product and it reduced it to a more "cleansing refreshing tingle" vs. "get this off my face now tingle." Overall over the course of a few weeks, I am pleased with the results. No breakouts, clean skin, easy to find and cheap. My only concern is the fragrance- which I find medicinal and the menthol tingle. Does the addition of menthol add a benefit I am unaware of? Or is it there to make you feel the product is working hard to clean? Sometimes, I leave it on as a mask of sorts and I feel this softens blackheads. I then follow with a gentle foaming cleanser. Also, this product does not foam and it not intended to as it doesn't containing a lathering additive. I would prefer and unscented, minus menthol version, so I am on the fence about re-purchasing.

on 1/22/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm pretty sure that a few people reviewing this product are confused; sorry that your acne wasn't cured, but if you're looking for acne treatments then this isn't the product for you. It specifically says on the bottle that it's meant to improve your complexion, not eliminate your cystic acne that you've had since cousin Rosa's birthday bash back in the summer (I'm being sarcastic, of course). Really though, this does what it says: improves my complexion. I bought it by mistake and at first I thought that since it doesn't seem to melt into my skin/make it tingle as much as most products that it doesn't work, but my skin DOES feel cleaner than it's ever felt with soap after usage. My skin also looks as if my hyperpigmentation on my forehead and chin from careless zit popping is clearing up (although that could also be due to the other products I use as well). It's a good cleanser at a reasonable price, but I'm one who tries to lean more towards organic products...I can't get with the menthol in this. Not the best for skin in the long run. Oh, well. I'll use it until the bottle's done and after that, it was nice while it lasted.