October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by itsyourgurlkatie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally, I would use this cleanser in the morning. Many people complain about the smell, I find it to be just like a soapy smell. The consistancy, however, is quite odd. It's a cream, but it's like a chunky cream. It doesn't foam, so I often felt that I was just rubbing lotion around on my face which made me question if this product was really giving my skin that deep clean that it promised. Also, I LOVED the tingly feeling my skin got after I used it. Though, upon further inspection of the bottle I found that it was Menthol that was making my skin tingly (Menthol is not great for your skin). Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed.
In terms of treating acne, it didn't do much for me. It neither prevented nor improved my complexion. I think it's just a great face wash. I use it after school now to just brighten my face and get me ready for the afternoon/evening I have ahead of me.
I will not repurchase again unforunately.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kristalauryn

I bought this product last year, because i needed a cleanser and my friend said this worked well for her, but we definitely have different skin. I remember using this, and the smell was super strong, i didnt like the smell while i was using it, it made me want to take it off really quickly. I can bare it though, and after i take it off, my skin feels clean, not dry at all, and really soft, but the next morning i'll have like 3 white heads! my skin isnt normally that bad, but its gotten worse since last year. i tried to start using this again, because the bottle is still full and i hate wasting products, but it just DOESNT do anything for me except break me out the next day, i used to use neutrogena one step cleanser, the gel stuff in the blue bottle and it worked ok, it definitely worked better than this stuff> sorry, i love neutrogena but this product wasnt for me or my skin. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

THANK God for this stuff! I went of BCP, and my skin went crazy. I got 4 cystic pimples at one time. I tried using harsh treatments to take it away, etc etc. This stuff completely calmed my skin and reduced redness. I need to keep it simple with my skin, and this fits the bill! My skin doesn't feel filmy or dry after this, it feels clean and refreshed. I really feel like it gets the oil and makeup off. Pores look a little smaller with it. A+ (sensitive, oily skin with large pores. occasional breakout).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful, middle-of-the-road cleanser. :]. When I'm not treating the occasional zit, or in need of some exfoliating, or tending to redness, I reach for this.
I have combination skin, but am mostly dry, so I'm surprised at all the complaints people have about it. In fact, it's one of the few cleansers I own that doesn't have that typical uncomfortably-tight-after feel.
I love the fact it has a small amount of salicylic acid, but doesn't push that it's an anti-acne product-- it makes me feel like it's just enough to prevent a pimple, but not enough to chew away at too much of my skin's natural oil.
My face and Neutrogena have been peas in a pod since I first started washing my face, and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I've been using this ever since puberty ended and my acne went away. Be forewarned, this isn't meant for acne ridden skin. It doesn't clear up my breakouts, but it definitely helps prevent them. It leaves my skin fresh and bright and soft. I switch up my skincare routine once in a while, but I always come back to this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

I tried this cause I heard a lot of good reviews with this. Can't really say it helps with acne but yes it does prevent it. Make your skin very smooth afterward and has that tingly feeling as you wash letting you know its deep cleaning your pores etc & then ever after washing it off, you still have that tingly feeling which is nice.This product lasted me about a month using it only at night (sometimes morning but not really) so if you wanted this to last you for a couple months for the price I highly doubt it will & I only used about a loonie size to wash my face. The main reason why I'll buy this again is because it controls my oily skin! My t-zone gets really oily throughout the day but this keeps it under control until I go to bed which I really love :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by janeeyen

This product does EXACTLY what is says on the bottle. Yes, it penetrates and improves your complexion, but nothing more than that. It made me skin feel pretty soft after-wards and left it with a tingly feeling which was nice. Even though it didn't really do anything in terms of fighting acne, I do feel as though it prevents it. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great, non-drying cleanser. My face is very soft after using this and it helps to keep blackheads and blocked pores under control. The minty tingle is wonderful! I like the whole deep clean line but this is the best, especially for winter. Moderately priced, maybe a little over $6 US. Oily skin can really benefit from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rockerlc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG cleansers! I've been using this product for the past 7 or 8 years and still reach for it at least a few times a week. I agree that it doesn't really clear blackheads or acne, but it definitely helps with fading blemishes and decreasing pore size. I absolutely love the tingling feeling it gives. I have yet to find another product that gives the same effect (origins checks and balances is a good runner up!). Also, for my fellow clarisonic fanatics, try using this cleanser the next time you reach for the brush... It's a match made in heaven! After using this method, the words "deep clean" doesn't do justice to the feeling you'll get. Skin care products absorb quickly, makeup goes on flawlessly... People will be raving about how great your skin looks! A family friend couldn't believe that I had such a great complexion with out ever getting a facial or help from a dermatologist!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lucyfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is pretty awesome. I kinda use it like a face mask, leaving spots on the acne I get once in awhile while I'm in the shower. In addition, I know it sounds weird, but I leave the product a little bit on my face after washing- I mean, I don't rinse it very carefully (it tends to cling to the skin a bit) and the next morning it's soft and clear. It dries it out and leaves the skin soft- If I use a different acne-clearing product, I notice that my skin is way to dry or causing more irritation than with this product. I recommend it for people with somewhat sensitive skin and occasional acne- keeps the pores clean and the acne dried out once it appears. Pretty inexpensive, I guess....