April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does give a natural dewy finish and it has buildable coverage. The color does blend well into my skin and evens it out well and it lasts well throughout the day without becoming ashy or creasing. But for me, it is just a little too glowy. I prefer a little more matte finish. I have found that it works great and stays all day if i apply a shear dusting of NYX High Def matte not flat powder foundation over it. I tried using my MAC mineralized skin finish over it and that was a bomb.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by syd1616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I loved this foundation so much!! If you like to stay matte I would not recommend it since it gives off a very nice natural looking glow. At first I hated it because I was applying it with a brush, but once I used a sponge it worked much better. I love how you can hardly tell its there because it is so light. It has medium coverage- redness and small veins or acne is covered but not completely concealed. My acne started clearing up within a day or two of using this product. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you like your face matte please do not buy this! When i put it on my face it feels greasy and shiny. It's easy to blend & the coverage is medium but after 30 minutes it melts off & your are left with nothing even if I powder to set and I have tried different powders it doesn't work. It is also pricey compared to other drugstore brands that work 10 times better. Another thing I need to mention is the horrible color selection. I am a NC35 and I wear #60 which is one of the darkest shades and it still looks very pale on me. In the bottle and when you pour it out it looks dark but when I blend it on my face it gets very light I don't know why. It might be due to the spf. If your skin tone is darker than a NC35 it will be difficult to find your shade. I hate throwing away makeup so I only use this when I go to the beach & I know my makeup will melt off anyway. Will never ever repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tacogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After my neutrogena skin clearing makeup ran out, I decided to look for something that was less drying. The search for a new foundation lead me back to the same brand, with a product that works wonders for other people, but on me, it leaves a lot to be desired.
This foundation gives beautiful coverage, it matches my skintone, and it gives a nice dewy finish to my skin (in places). I don't notice that it breaks me out all too much, but there is one problem with this, and it defeats the whole purpose of my wanting to find another foundation.
My face flakes so much when I wear this.
I'm not sure why it makes them so apparent, because I moisturize before wearing this. But, as soon as I apply near my lower cheeks and mouth, flakes appear.
I know my combo skin is due to acne medication, but I can wear say, concealers that aren't mean to be dewy or anything, and you can't tell they are there.
I have to finish up this foundation, because I don't want to waste it. I usually do this by mixing it with my moisturizer. I still hate that I can't just use it regularly. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a hard time finding foundations that are light enough and pink-toned enough for my skin, especially in the winter. Neutrogena has always been the one drugstore brand that worked with my skin tone and wasnít too yellow. Recently I bought a new jar after spending most of the summer wearing tinted moisturizer from other brands, and although the color was fine, I noticed that I was breaking out a lot on the days after I used the foundation. I donít know if this is due to a change in the formulation or a change in my skin care routine, but I am unlikely to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up trying this foundation because I'd heard it was the drugstore equivalent to NARS Sheer Glow. I've never tried SG, but I don't really think I want to after my experience with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin. The coverage was medium, and it looked good initially, but it just couldn't hold up to the oilyness of my skin. My skin is super oily after coming off the pill, so after a couple of hours, it really started to break the foundation down, and it would slide across my face. While that was enough of a deal breaker for me, the real kicker is that it breaks me out. I didn't want to believe it was the culprit, so I kept on using it, but once I discontinued use, I didn't break out nearly as often. I also had a decent, but not great color match. No shades were yellow enough for me. I'm sad that this didn't work out because I really hoped to like it, but I've discovered that I need a long-wearing type foundation now that my skin has changed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't understand this product. I could not believe it being sooo bad. Maybe I got some faulty or fake one (Was purchasing from eBay).
It felt like a mask, looked cakey, oxidized like crazy. Turned to be 3 shades darker 3 minutes after applied. I itched and scratched severely. And I never experienced any reactions to products.
It was a nightmare.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite foundation because it is so smooth and sheer. I apply with a damp sponge and my skin just feels amazing. I don't have acne or bad skin at all, so I only use it because I like the way it feels, not for any added benefit other than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by amyyyd

i have really bad, oily skin, and i buy a lot of neutrogena's products. this product says it's oil free, but honestly, it makes my skin feel really oily! also, this stuff only stays on for about an hour, (for me), which kind of sucks because i don't ever have time during the day to re-apply it. i have really bad acne on my forehead and the side of my face, and i've been using neutrogena's acne free stress control scrub, and i'm not sure if it would work better if i stopped using this product. not the best foundation out there, sorry. :\

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just some quick background info to get started: I began suffering from terrible acne in the 9th grade, so for my entire four years of high school, I never wore any face makeup whatsoever out of fear that it would only make my skin condition worse. Luckily, by the end of my freshman year in college, my skin had improved drastically. I got a few break outs here and there, but they were those annoying small red bumps caused by hormones, rather than actual pimples. However, even though I was no longer getting serious breakouts, four years of my entire face being covered in zits and my own bad habit of picking at those zits left me with pretty bad scarring. I was so tired of seeing other girls with flawless complexions and then having to look in the mirror at my scarred face, so I decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first bottle of foundation. I went in search of something that had medium coverage and would be gentle on my acne prone skin, and the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid makeup seemed like my best bet. Oh. My. God. Worst $12 I've ever spent in my life. For one, though the coverage was decent, the staying power was nonexistent, and I was a shiny mess within 4 hours--even with a setting powder. Also, within two weeks of usage, I started breaking out in huge red pimples along my jawline and got a few cystic acne bumps on my cheeks. I stopped using my CoverGirl setting powder, hoping that it was the culprit because it had been much cheaper. Unfortunately, even a couple of months later, I was still breaking out from the foundation. I made myself use at least half of the bottle, and then I gave the rest away. Come to find out that this product contains sorbic acid, a preservative that is considered to be a skin irritant according to the Cosmetics Database. Healthy skin. A potentially harmful preservative. Really, Neutrogena?