November 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by dazey5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not great, but pretty decent for a drugstore serum. A bit pricey at $8cdn but I've had the same bottle for 6 months now & I still have over 2/3 left.

Has a medium-weight .. not as heavy as Biosilk or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, but not as thin as Graham Webb Reparative Shine or Aveda Brilliant Emolliant Finishing Gloss. For my fine hair, I find this to be too heavy to use for flat-ironing, but it's an allright air-dry serum. It definitely adds loads of softness & shine, but it doesn't do much to kill frizz, smooth poofy ends, or to block out humidity. Does nothing to kill frizz/smooth when applied to dry hair. I don't blowdry so I can't comment on how well it works for that.

I have two gripes about this product. One, the pump dispenser .. even when I apply a feather-light touch, a huge amount of product gushes out. Second, the sunflower scent is awful .. it smells cheap & artificial & it gives me a pounding headache. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

LOVE this serum..definately one of the best out there..works great on my hair. I switch back and forth between this and my other favorite, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum, can't make up my mind. Will definately repurchase when I run out..although the bottle I have now should last me quite a while, I use it quite sparingly. I used too much on my hair the first time I tried it and hated it. Tried it again a few weeks later using less and the results were much better. LOVE it. Great price too for such AMAZING product. Would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2006 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mbellson

Works great...ONLY if you are STRAIGHTENING your hair!!(or, if your hair is naturally straight.) If you put this in curly/coarse hair to air dry, it will replace your curls with wavy-frizz. If you plan on busting out some heat to use this miracle-product, it'll deliver.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I second what everyone has already said about this product: It's a steal for the money, and it's one of those products that's a good standby -- you can always rely on it to smooth your hair, calm the frizzies, and stand up even in the worst weather!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by alias86

I love this stuff! It works best on wet hair (that's what it says to do on the bottle too) and it smells SOOOOO good! I have gotten compliments on how good my hair smells, it's a nice clean sort of floral scent. This is a very liquidy light serum so I haven't had any trouble with it making my hair greasy. It just makes my hair very shiny and non-frizzy. For the price you can't go wrong, I got it for around $5. The pump is very nice and easy to use. Give it a try, I have tried other more expensive anti-frizzers and this is the only that has worked for me! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

I have used this product EVERYDAY for the past 4 months that I don't even know what my hair is like BEFORE I used this stuff! First off, this is very light, and it doesn't wear my hair down at all! I use about 2.5 pumps and apply it to my hair (staying a little bit away from my roots) and it seems to just make it much more manageable and soft. However, I only gave it four lippies instead of five because I still find it too light for me. I just wish it could be a tad thicker/moisturizing to get rid of the frizzies. HOWEVER... I am positive that people with naturally straight, thin, fine, wavy, (etc) hair will love this product. =) It is so cheap, (I got a buy-one-get-one-free deal... for $3 in all!) and I intend to keep using it until I find another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tea713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just started using this a week or so ago after sorting through the reviews here and deciding that it was worth a shot. I'm SO glad that I came here and read reviews before purchasing 'cause I don't think that I would've even looked at this product 'cause I've never used any of L'Oreal's products before. This stuff is AMAZING. I use one pump right after I towel dry my hair and when my hair dries, it feels silky and smooth and it's vibrant-looking. I've short, thick, naturally wavy hair that tends to be dry and this is absolutely perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by scarletpimpernel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do you know what it feels like to love absolutely anything to do with hair and making it look brilliant and then having crazy, frizzy hair that makes your great haircuts look bad?? Well, if yeah, thats what i felt like....miserable and frustrated. I hated my hair and wished everyday of my life that i could somehow straighten my frizzy and wavy hair without harming it. So i bought this product but never used it because i was scared of leave-in products. I looked for solutions all over the internet and finally found MUA. So it goes like this, Im looking for cheap anti-frizz solutions and I find this one product with 89% recommendation, i say to myself, "I should have this" and then i realize i already do!!! And since ive started using it every now and then i have some person telling me what great hair i have. It hasnt made my hair straight but it has enhanced my waves a great deal and removed a great deal of frizz too. I think my hair is okay but everyone else seems to love it now. Just yesterday two friends asked me how my hair was always set. What I love abt this product is that it has enhanced my hair's features and ive stopped wanting straight hair. I would recommend this product to Frizz ease and Paul Mitchell's Super Shiny even though ive never used them because this is darn cheap and makes your hair look great. For me the changes are quite dramatic, go L'Oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2005 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ingad

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT.GREAT QUALITY.I was looking for something which does not weight my thin hair and makes them soft and shiny.This is the best anti-frizz product , which smells very neutral.Hair feels very natural like you never used any product at all.
It does not weight hair down and makes them shiny and very soft.Highly recommended for everybody with frizzy and thin hair.Suitable for greasy hair as well(suprise!!!).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 8:28:00 AM More reviews by giggly

i used to love this until i tried something from sally's but too expensive!! u americans are so lucky everything is so cheap there, this is about 7 here!! i have this as a stand by serum as sometimes it makes my hair too greasy. i use this before i straighten my hair after iv added my straightening balm, this is way better than any heat protection spray, which does harm more than they do good. i was told by one hair dresser that i should just use serum with my iros and not all the sprays as they dont really work and she is right. and as it is quite watery u need less fo this and it lasts ages.