DHC Velvet Skin Coat

3.8

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, HDI / trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, silica, propylparaben

on 4/23/2008 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried several of the popular primers and have loved the samples of this with my DHC order. But this doesn't seem to be anything like the samples. The samples gave me a velvety texture (ahh, the name) but the one(s) I purchased (2 for good price) don't give me that feel at all. I believe Smashbox has got the others beat hands down. Guess that's another review...

on 4/21/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got 3 or 4 samples when I last ordered from DHC and absolutely fell in love with this product! It really helps keep your makeup from sliding off your face! It is a little hard to remove at the end of the day - usually I have to wash my face twice before I feel like it's totally gone. No breakouts, and my makeup looks great! Will definitely be purchasing soon!

on 4/6/2008 5:27:00 PM

Definitely HG for me. I use it daily on my T-zone and eyes only - over a light moisturizer - and it keeps makeup smooth and in place all day and into the night. I'm 36 and this product keeps makeup from settling in the tiny lines around my eyes. I have a 10 year old scar over my upper lip and this stuff actually smooths it out so that concealer covers it. That still amazes me. When I wear it under mineral makeup it keeps pores from being noticeable. I understand some reviewers have had problems with breakouts, but I've been using this for over a year and haven't experienced that problem. Yes, it is the most expensive product I buy on a regular basis, but I haven't found anything else that can deliver the way it can.

on 3/29/2008 6:04:00 PM

LOVE this primer. I like it a lot more than Smashbox. With this one you can tell where you're putting it and the thicker texture really fills in pores and lines. It's so so soft, controls my oily t-zone, and keeps my make up looking great all day. It IS pretty expensive, but it's a real winner.

on 3/6/2008 4:29:00 PM

I love this primer. Makes my skin feel very soft - very smooth and my foundation just glides on. I've been using for over a year now and never had any problems with break-outs or anything like that. My make-up
lasts all day and it really helps "fill in" the little lines and creases. (Not the bigger ones like the parenthesis lines - but the smaller ones around the eye area). I love the tube and you seriously only need a very small amount so it lasts forever. Definitely recommend it!

on 2/24/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this in a catalog and immediately purchased it. It makes my pores look smaller, and it smooths and evens my complexion. This is way better than Smashbox, and cheaper. You need less than the size of a pea, so this will last forever, making the price more reasonable. I can wear Velvet Touch, a couple dots of concealer, and then brush on Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and I have perfect skin all day and night until I wash it off.

on 2/21/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Love this stuff. I have very oily skin and this is the first product I've tried that lets me go just about all day without oily shine. I've used under my liquid and mineral powder bases. I wish I'd have found out about this when I first started using makeup. Leaves a very light coating on skin, you can't really feel it, but your skin is baby smooth. I've not experienced any breakouts. Give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using DHC Velvet Coat for well over a year. I cannot tell you how much I love this stuff. It makes my skin so very smooth, really plays down my pores AND my makeup (powder or liquid) goes on very smoothly and easily. I have fairly oily, and acne-prone skin and this stuff works wonders. It does not make me break out and seems to help my makeup last a bit longer than without the primer. It's a bit pricey, but DHC has sales and you get a decent price, plus the stuff lasts for quite a while.

on 2/7/2008 10:05:00 PM

I really liked this and thought my face looked and felt wonderful. But I am new to primers. So I would buy again but would like to try others to compare.

I wear this primer every day. I wouldn't dare apply my makeup without it. I have also tried MAC prep & prime face with no luck and went back to my trusted velvet skin coat. I am going to try the Monistat chafing powder/gel if it is available at the drugstores near me. The price alone makes me ultra curious.

Popular Primer/ Correctors