April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in clear

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this several years ago so I don't know if the formula has changed. The packaging is great. The tube is see through and you're also able to squeeze out just the right amount of product. It gives the lips a wonderful shine but because it's sooo sticky and thick, I hardly ever wore it. I eventually threw it away. Wish MAC would come out with less sticky and thick lipglasses. =(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this a week or two ago at MAC when I was debating over what to trade my 6 empties in for. I tried this first because I had heard such good things about how shiney and long-wearing it was. It was fairly shiney (about as shiney as any thicker clear gloss), but it was STICKY, STICKY, STICKY! I painted on a very thin layer and still, I had little threads of lip gloss goop stretching between my lips whenever I opened my mouth. Not attractive! I didn't leave it on long enough to test it's staying power, but it didn't really matter because it still wasn't worth wearing (being that sticky), even if it could have somehow lasted all day (which I seriously doubt). I thought my Caboodles gloss (which I still really like) was on the thicker, stickier side until I tried this... but this is much, much worse. Just not worth it! I went with a Lipgelee in Jellybabe instead, which isn't sticky at all and looks just as wet and shiney. I still gave this product 2 lippies just because it was just as shiney as I had expected and it was so thick that I really can't see it migrating. For clear gloss, I'm sticking with Rimmel's Vinyl Lip in clear (not at all sticky).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely lovely gloss that does precisely what it says. The product comes in a squeeze tube with a rounded tip and as a slightly thickish texture which applies best with a lip brush. Can be worn on its own or on top of your fav lip colour. The gloss itself is slightly sticky so you'll want to keep your hair away from your face. I didnt notice any particular scent or taste with this product, which suits me just fine. It gives a gorgeous glass-like shine to lips and blends well with other lip products (I mix mine with my tinted lip conditioner for a tinted-moisturizing-glossy effect as well as with other lipsticks.) The lipglass lasts quite long compared to most other glosses that I've tried (Elizabeth Arden, Clinique, Loreal, Almay,Sally Hansen,etc..) I would definitley repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by juliastl27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just okay for me. While it does look nice on, I also found the tacky consistency to be irritating. I usually use Elizabeth Arden clear gloss and I will be going back to that next time I buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The product is a bit sticky but nothing else compares in terms of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I do wish this had an applicator tip or brush, rather than the rounded tip. It's not bad though. This is a lip glass, but it's no where near as sticky as colored lip glass. Mine doesn't have any scent or flavor at all. Compare this to a Wet 'n' Wild gloss or drugstore gloss, are you kidding me? This gloss is very moisturizing. It's thick, but not sticky, and lets my lips slide over each other with ease (I have a bad habit of rubbing them together). My hair actually doesn't stick to this gloss. I'm going to have a hard time choosing a colored lipglass over this beautiful shiny one!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lmbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan of this. It was very sticky and looked funny on me...I wish I could say I loved it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, I really did, but it was WAY TOO STICKY!!!

No mater what I did my hair got in it and left streaks all over my face and sunglasses. I prefer Kiehls clear gloss 10 to 1 over this stuff. Plus it smells better. Since the average women eats 11 tubes of lip gloss in her lifetime, I prefer something organic to this. Wouldn't you?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I put off buying this for a long time, because I thought it was something I could live without, but now it's a "must-have" staple for me!

Clear Lipglass comes in a squeeze tube, so it's a simple matter to squeeze some out into a sample jar, mix in pigment and/or shimmer(Pure Luxe's Pure Shimmers are unbeatable for this purpose) and you've got custom-made lipgloss! It can also be worn very successfully alone, if you're going "minimal," or over any lipstick to add moisture and shine.

Clear Lipglass *is* somewhat thick and sticky, but it keeps the lips looking shiny and smooth and feeling soft longer than any other lip gloss I've tried.

When this Lipglass is freshly applied, it really does give the lips a glass-like finish.

The taste is a faint, inoffensive vanilla. I wouldn't mind if the price were a bit lower, but that won't stop me from purchasing more of this high-quality extremely versatile product when/if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

I've had the same tube for a few years, so I should probably throw it out. But I used it again recently and remember now why I like it so much and why I didn't throw it away.

For one, the tube lasts FOREVER because you only need a little amount to get that wet-lip look. Plus it's the only lipgloss I've ever had - and I am a lipgloss FIEND that has tried tons and tons of lipgloss - that provides that glassy, eye-catching wet-lip look. I actually like using it over other lipglosses when I want that glassy look.