December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to get the masque but my sallys only had this product. I really like it, it is gentle on the skin, smells great and make my skin feels nice. A lot of scrubs are too abrasive and this one isn't, I don't feel like I am ripping my skin off which is always nice. The packaging could be made better with a flip top,but it's not a big deal. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product, great price and it works. I love to use the mint facial scrub with my gentle Buf Put and the the mint masque. This product feels nice on your skin, has just the right amount of "grit" and it's a great value. I always have a tube on this on hand if I feel like a "mint" beauty day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by highfives

I've been visiting this site for about a year, but actually never left a review before. However, upon using this face scrub, I just felt like I had to share my experiences with it.

I've never had that many problems with my complexion, I've tried a few facial cleansers but none have ever seemed to do anything for me. I picked this up at Sallys on a sort of whim, I had started getting a few random pimples and wanted to try something that would cleanse a little deeper. After just the first time using it, I noticed how much BRIGHTER my face looked. It seriously glows after using it, which my face has never done. Also my face has never felt so soft, even after a serious work out with my face covered it sweat - my face still felt soft. Plus, it smells so good. I'm literally shocked at how much it's done for my face, especially considering how cheap it is.

Definitely will repurchase. If you're on the fence about it, it's definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by NataliaRivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about the raves of Queen Helene products that rushed to look for them, i didnt find them on Walmart, CVS or Walgreens, it was on Sallys that i bought them. Its the only place i've seen this Brand.

Im very impressed with this scrub, i used the St. Ives for years, that has large grains and i have left my old scrub and switched to this! I prefer the feel of little grains, it remind me a lot to my first scrub, The Exfoliating scrub from Clinique!! I even think i like this one better!!

I love mint scent, and this makes my face feels more refreshed, i apply three pea sizes to all my face and i gently massage in my face for 1 minute, before i put the mint julep mask!!

Will continue to repurchase because i love what i get for price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. I use it along with the mask and I just love what it's done for my complexion. Walgreen's and Sally's have great BOGO deals too - so that's the time to stock up! I love the way this feels, I can see a difference in my skin. No irritation thus far (been a month) and I have never been happier with a product, price and performance. This scrub makes me WANT to wash my face, ya know?! Before I knew I should be washing but nothing worked, so what's the point, didn't feel like it so I wouldn't. Now I want and do wash my face b/c I know and can see it's working. Makes all the difference. Love it, love it, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dollfayce

first of all id DEFINTELY buy this again, after this bottle runs out im going to buy another one. After reading the rave reviews on sally's and MUA i went out to get one in hopes for it to help my acne prone, scarred, skin.

for me, this is a daily thing to use, so i use this when i wake up and before i go to bed, and sometimes in the middle of the day when i feel greasy, or after i take a shower. ive heard that is isnt the best idea to exfoliate before sun exposure? but i dont go out a lot these days cause it's the summer and im just relaxing at home. but i'll continue to use this DAILY, if i want to keep my pores unclogged for hopefully a pimple-less, scar-less future.

The texture is really smooth, with fine granules basically and it looks like sand. You don't need a lot, and i try not to use a lot cause this product is so great! I only use an amount the size of my pinky nail i guess and it works. the smell is great as well, it doesnt smell gross or chemically, but refreshing and cool like herbs.

i got this 12 days ago and i'm seeing a difference! hopefully its a permanent difference because my breakouts have reduced a fair bit and redness is gone and my scars have lightened? (or maybe its just me? it LOOKS like they have!) but i'm sad that i used more than i should have and it will now run out faster.

the price is okay, i got it at sally's for about 6 bucks, with my sally card. it's not dirt cheap, but its great value! once i use this long enough and my face starts to clear up and my mom starts to notice she'll let me stock up on this stuff! (she's been asking me if i wanted to try proactive -_- ...sad eh?)

i bought this in hope to fade my scars because thats basically the main reason why i wear so much foundation and take so long in the morning to get ready. then hopefully after this summer i wont have to apply so much foundation, because i don't wanna wear so much makeup!

btw. it has a screw off lid thats hard to put back on or take off with wet hands. but who cares it a great product.

IM SAD THAT MY SALLY'S DOESNT HAVE THE MINT JULEP MASQUE AVAILABLE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the fine granules in this product. St. Ives is so rough! I feel like this is a lot more gentle on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if this deep cleans or anything really, I just use it to exfoliate...and it does a good job :)
You get a lot for your money.
I would like it more if it had a flip tab opening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Peachez_1

so this isn't really a review more so a helpful comment for those Canadians out there. You can no longer purchanse this product from well.ca but you can order many Queen Helene products at http://www.aviva.ca with 8.99 shipping.. I think they ship to the U.S. as well. Just thought it would be helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I almost forgot about this nifty scrub! I purchased this when I lived in Arizona while on a hair dye run to fix my halfway-there-bleach-blond-from-black hair episode. The lady at Sally's was completely selling my mom on this skincare system, and though my skin was close to perfect at the time, I still had a few blackheads on my nose that I'd secretly been trying to convince myself were freckles. The saleswomen immediately shoved this scrub in my hand, and I have to say, for $4 it was a bargain.
The tube is large, with plenty of the scrub in it, and is perfect for sitting in the shower. I had this for about a year, but stupidly left it when we moved to NC.
I didn't use it every day, but at least once a week, and it was perfect for refreshing my face on those hot AZ days. I really feel a strong pull to go out and purchase this again once my Aveeno scrub is running low.