July 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by NataliaRivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about the raves of Queen Helene products that rushed to look for them, i didnt find them on Walmart, CVS or Walgreens, it was on Sallys that i bought them. Its the only place i've seen this Brand.

Im very impressed with this scrub, i used the St. Ives for years, that has large grains and i have left my old scrub and switched to this! I prefer the feel of little grains, it remind me a lot to my first scrub, The Exfoliating scrub from Clinique!! I even think i like this one better!!

I love mint scent, and this makes my face feels more refreshed, i apply three pea sizes to all my face and i gently massage in my face for 1 minute, before i put the mint julep mask!!

Will continue to repurchase because i love what i get for price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. I use it along with the mask and I just love what it's done for my complexion. Walgreen's and Sally's have great BOGO deals too - so that's the time to stock up! I love the way this feels, I can see a difference in my skin. No irritation thus far (been a month) and I have never been happier with a product, price and performance. This scrub makes me WANT to wash my face, ya know?! Before I knew I should be washing but nothing worked, so what's the point, didn't feel like it so I wouldn't. Now I want and do wash my face b/c I know and can see it's working. Makes all the difference. Love it, love it, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dollfayce

first of all id DEFINTELY buy this again, after this bottle runs out im going to buy another one. After reading the rave reviews on sally's and MUA i went out to get one in hopes for it to help my acne prone, scarred, skin.

for me, this is a daily thing to use, so i use this when i wake up and before i go to bed, and sometimes in the middle of the day when i feel greasy, or after i take a shower. ive heard that is isnt the best idea to exfoliate before sun exposure? but i dont go out a lot these days cause it's the summer and im just relaxing at home. but i'll continue to use this DAILY, if i want to keep my pores unclogged for hopefully a pimple-less, scar-less future.

The texture is really smooth, with fine granules basically and it looks like sand. You don't need a lot, and i try not to use a lot cause this product is so great! I only use an amount the size of my pinky nail i guess and it works. the smell is great as well, it doesnt smell gross or chemically, but refreshing and cool like herbs.

i got this 12 days ago and i'm seeing a difference! hopefully its a permanent difference because my breakouts have reduced a fair bit and redness is gone and my scars have lightened? (or maybe its just me? it LOOKS like they have!) but i'm sad that i used more than i should have and it will now run out faster.

the price is okay, i got it at sally's for about 6 bucks, with my sally card. it's not dirt cheap, but its great value! once i use this long enough and my face starts to clear up and my mom starts to notice she'll let me stock up on this stuff! (she's been asking me if i wanted to try proactive -_- ...sad eh?)

i bought this in hope to fade my scars because thats basically the main reason why i wear so much foundation and take so long in the morning to get ready. then hopefully after this summer i wont have to apply so much foundation, because i don't wanna wear so much makeup!

btw. it has a screw off lid thats hard to put back on or take off with wet hands. but who cares it a great product.

IM SAD THAT MY SALLY'S DOESNT HAVE THE MINT JULEP MASQUE AVAILABLE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the fine granules in this product. St. Ives is so rough! I feel like this is a lot more gentle on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if this deep cleans or anything really, I just use it to exfoliate...and it does a good job :)
You get a lot for your money.
I would like it more if it had a flip tab opening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Peachez_1

so this isn't really a review more so a helpful comment for those Canadians out there. You can no longer purchanse this product from well.ca but you can order many Queen Helene products at http://www.aviva.ca with 8.99 shipping.. I think they ship to the U.S. as well. Just thought it would be helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I almost forgot about this nifty scrub! I purchased this when I lived in Arizona while on a hair dye run to fix my halfway-there-bleach-blond-from-black hair episode. The lady at Sally's was completely selling my mom on this skincare system, and though my skin was close to perfect at the time, I still had a few blackheads on my nose that I'd secretly been trying to convince myself were freckles. The saleswomen immediately shoved this scrub in my hand, and I have to say, for $4 it was a bargain.
The tube is large, with plenty of the scrub in it, and is perfect for sitting in the shower. I had this for about a year, but stupidly left it when we moved to NC.
I didn't use it every day, but at least once a week, and it was perfect for refreshing my face on those hot AZ days. I really feel a strong pull to go out and purchase this again once my Aveeno scrub is running low.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by liddoe_anny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't cut it for me. I thought i tried it after trying the mint julep masque and figure that I would probably like the face scrub too. At first, I really liked it because of the small grains. It felt like a really nice massage, but then after weeks of using it, my face was a bit blotchy and my face didn't really feel clean. It would be great if you didn't have oily skin, but I do so I need something that can get rid of the junk on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by lavenderlover92

this is the best exofilater ever....it smells great and when you wash it off...ur face is extremely soft...5 stars product

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub just doesn't do it for me. The grains are small, and it doesn't feel like I'm getting a good exfoliation like I do with St Ives (I actually prefer larger grains). I get this weird, 'fingernails on a chalkboard' feeling when I use this, and I swear it feels like it leaves a residue on my skin. The bottle isn't a flip-top, it's the kind that you have to screw off, which isn't very convenient in the shower. My skin doesn't look at better, in fact, it's somewhat blotchy. I will use this up on my body, but I would not buy again, even if it is only $3.