Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 5/7/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I really like this cleansing bar. I had been using the Cetaphil liquid cleanser for awhile on the advice of my dermatologist, but always had a hard time removing all my make-up. I realize now that the liquid cleanser wasn't meant for make-up removal. The bar, on the other hand, foams really well and removes every last trace of make-up and it leaves my skin soft and smooth and not dry at all. The only thing I'm not wild about is the scent - would be so much better if it were fragrance free.

And I've been using what I have left of the liquid to remove my eye make-up. Just a few drops on a cotton ball and it's gone! Plus, it's really gentle, doesn't irritate at all and doesn't leave an annoying film on my eyeballs!

on 5/7/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use the one for dry skin. I find that it does not make my skin feel dry or anything, but it does sting my eyes if I get too close to them while cleansing. It has an odd scent, which I dislike, and I'd think they'd leave that out of a soap designed for sensitive skin, but I don't find it to be overly bothersome. It makes my face feel clean without drying, and I have not experienced any breakouts using this product. I find that it works very well for my skin.

on 4/21/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this soap in my quest to find the perfect facial cleanser for my oily, super-sensitive rosacea skin. This bar of soap impressed me because it is not the least bit drying, but it does truly clean your skin. It also reduced the redness of my rosacea. I thought I had found my Holy Grail soap! But, about two weeks after I started using this soap, I was finding tiny whiteheads on various spots on my face. (I'm not sure if it is due to the fragrance or if the soap is a bit too moisturizing for my face.)

I rated this soap with 4 lippies because I think it would be a great facial cleanser for most people, but I can't use it as my regular facial cleanser. I DO use it in my shower to clean the rest of me, and my other (non-facial) skin is no longer dry. The soap has a nice scent, too.

on 4/9/2010 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I had originally bought Cetaphil because my skin is dry and sensitive. Not to mention, everyone raves about Cetaphil. This soap didn't make my skin worse or better, it didn't do much of anything. To be completely honest, I might as well have just been washing my face with water. The first night I switched my cleanser, my skin improved immediately. Cetaphil gets a lot of hype but it just doesn't do anything for my skin.

on 3/30/2010 2:15:00 PM

The Cetaphil bar is a great alternative to the liquid gentle cleanser. I keep a bottle of the liquid and a bar at my bathroom sink so I can pick one depending on my skin. If I feel like my skin feels a little bit dirtier than normal (wearing lots of makeup or sunscreen), then I'll go with the bar. Unlike the gentle cleanser liquid, this will sting your eyes.

This product is amazing! I have really sensitive skin and im prone to redness. I have tried a lot of products before, even specific lines for sensitive skin like La roche posay toleriane. While I liked the moisturizer from La roche posay, I thought that it was way too overpriced and it took a long tiem to sink it.

The first time i used this cleansing bar, I was a bit afraid that I would break out or my skin would have a major fit. My skin gets red and VERY easily irritated. I wasn't very impressed with the results from the first wash, however, I decided that I would keep on using it to see if it made any difference.
Its been almost a week now and my skin looks AMAZING. My cheeks are constantly red (maybe rosacea?), however, everytime i wash my face with this cleansing bar and use cetaphils moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin, i wake up with my face looking a lot healthier. Most of the redness disappeared and i it seemed like i had a healthy glow.

The only thing i was a bit disappointed with was the packaging. Its a bit hard to carry this around when youre travelling. However, you can't really do anything about it because it is a bar. The product itself is worth the buy :)

on 2/17/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this only because a friend was told by her dermatologist to try it for her skin. She was having problems with dry patches on her face. She loved it, so I decided to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. I haven't used a bar soap on my face since I was a child and just knew it would dry out my already dry skin. (especially now in the winter) I love it. It doesn't dry my skin out at all. My face feels very clean and smooth after using it. The price is great too.

on 1/18/2010 9:59:00 PM

I like this bar. I find it to be a good alternative to the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is more suited to my oily skin, and leaves it feeling well cleansed, without being ridiculously harsh. I first got it as a sample, and while I first got dry patches (especially around my nose) from it, they cleared up in a few days, and I haven't had any problems since. Also love the cheap price tag. Will repurchase.

on 1/10/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my "Go To" Cleanser. I use this from head to toe. Literally! It smells fresh and clean and it keeps my skin silky smooth. I also wash my very long hair with it. It makes my hair silky soft. I mainly love this for my face and body though. It was recommended by my Derm when I was using Accutane. This cleanser was my saving grace. I couldn't ask for a better cleanser! I also turn to this if I have a reaction to some product I have tried. You can't go wrong with this simple cleasning bar. It also is very budget friendly.

on 1/2/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I got this because I didn't want to spend the money on the liquid. I shouldn't have though.

This bar does not really do anything good for my face. It has dried it out and I have started to get flaky patches, especially since the winter started. It doesn't break me out but that's really the only good thing I can say about it. It does not take makeup off well at all. I won't be buying this again for sure.