December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I like this bar. I find it to be a good alternative to the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is more suited to my oily skin, and leaves it feeling well cleansed, without being ridiculously harsh. I first got it as a sample, and while I first got dry patches (especially around my nose) from it, they cleared up in a few days, and I haven't had any problems since. Also love the cheap price tag. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my "Go To" Cleanser. I use this from head to toe. Literally! It smells fresh and clean and it keeps my skin silky smooth. I also wash my very long hair with it. It makes my hair silky soft. I mainly love this for my face and body though. It was recommended by my Derm when I was using Accutane. This cleanser was my saving grace. I couldn't ask for a better cleanser! I also turn to this if I have a reaction to some product I have tried. You can't go wrong with this simple cleasning bar. It also is very budget friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this because I didn't want to spend the money on the liquid. I shouldn't have though.

This bar does not really do anything good for my face. It has dried it out and I have started to get flaky patches, especially since the winter started. It doesn't break me out but that's really the only good thing I can say about it. It does not take makeup off well at all. I won't be buying this again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice cleansing bar. Recently my Noxzema has been drying out my skin due to the cold weather, I think its just too harsh. So I use this now, and I really like it. Not very convenient for the shower, but that is expected with a bar soap and will not take points off it.

I like the bar better than the liquid form too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is, by far, the best "soap" I've ever used, for face or body.

I have rosacea and extremely sensitive skin - I almost never change products simply because bad things happen when I do. . . This is the only thing I will use on my face year-round.

This removes makeup but doesn't strip my skin of the good oils or make it feel tight or itchy, something that Dove, Basis, and a lot of other products do. I've actually found that by using this all the time, 2x a day, my skin's tone and texture have improved, and even better, my skin is dependably clear and "normal".

I also used to get irritation/breakouts on my body, as well - but as long as I stick to this and my Aveeno unscented lotion, I am in good shape.

Highly recommended. For anyone out there at the end of your rope when it comes to your facial regimen, please, please give this a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by tmab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I must start out buy adding that I have had the most horrible skin for the past couple of years! Cystic ance and all that!!!! I have tried EVERY drugstore, and some non-d/s, cleanser. For the past year I have been doing EVERYTHING that one is supposed to do to have "normal", beautiful skin and nothing has worked. Jojoba oil was great at controling those GIGANTIC zits, but it still clogs my pores, causing whiteheads. Just resently I've decided to go for the "less is more" approach. I wash my face twice a day with the Cetaphil gentle bar cleanser and apply a small amount of moisturizer. So far, so good. My skin is still not "normal", but it's looking the best it has in a LONG time. The cleanser itself is really basic. It lathers really well and removes all of my makeup (except the HIP cream liner). I keep hoping and praying that this the miracle I've been looking for. UPDATE: Still liking this cleanser. I was worried that it would clog my pores because it's a bar, but I haven't noticed any more clooged pores than I was having before I started using this. It rinses off with no residue left behind like I would get from other bar cleansers. Will update again if things change for the worse. Hopefully that will be never :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ALF1969

After being diagnosed with rosacea I have been on the hunt for products that didn't cause a flare up - I don't want to take antibiotics continually! After some research I settled on this soap to cleanse PM, LUSH angels/herbalism to cleanse/exfoiate AM. jojoba oil mixed with tea tree water to moisturise AM/PM and EDM foundation to cover. And that's it. Perfect skin :-) Well most of the time.
Reading the reviews here it does seem that only people with problem skin really appreciate this cleansing bar. It's not posh, no bells or whistles but clinical studies have shown it help rosacea sufferers - they used Dove sensitive for the control. This really is a HG product for me. It's fine for body use too.
update...
Still a great product but having even better results with E45 wash and E45 cream,,,,

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by klryn1

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like my skin since I started using this product. Now that I am a Thirtysomething my skin is starting to dry, but still sensitive. I am also really fair so it tends to get red and blotchy. I feel this and my other moisturizers have really helped keep my skin in good shape. I love how it feels after I wash w/it, super soft and smooth. I also love the price, it's a recession people. It has worked well all summer, but the real test will be the winter. I will update later and see if I make it a 5 .

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xoxomystyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my skin type:oily t-zone and cheeks but normal where you would contour (hope this makes sence) i have acne every where it's oily (a lot of small papules/pustules) also my skin is sensitive.(note i don't use a moisturizer)

ok i bought this a week ago and it felt great after washing my face with it ,my derm recommended this to wash my face with it because i have moderate acne.the first few days this was working great i even thought this was clearing my acne just a bit, but then i realized that before i starded using this my forehead had only like 5 blemishes (not that noticeable) but know after using this i now have 20 super small papules on my forehead because of this!
i also breakout in my chin area wich i didn't have.

so i went to the library and checked paula's choice book ''don't go to the cosmetics counter without me'' and i read the review for this product and it says ''this is a good gentle bar that you could use from neck down only because it contains tallow wich can cause breakouts.

now i know why!

i recommend to be careful with this product
if your scared to breakout or making your acne worse then don't try this.
i heard dove bar is almost the same im gonna have to check the books review before i use it too lol

tallow is the 3th ingredient (sodium tallowate)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar is really my saver each time my skin goes weird, especially at the season's change... it has always rescued me!!! the scent is really nice, clean and soft smell and it's really a creamy bar. I use it in the shower and also on my face when it gets sensitive... I just get the occasional break outs, and this keep them at bay... it's a keeper with the white Dove bar... and for information my skin is very difficult to satisfy, any ingredients disliked will immediately create harsh reactions, redness, itchiness, etc!
Go for it! I have to try also the cleansing lotion next to see how it works for me.... ;)