Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

3.7

Petroleum Distillates, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Water, Paraffin, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Rice Starch, Polyvinyl Laurate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Olyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Green, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 3/29/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

(Pictures: click "Continued")

I bought this for the small brush, to use it on my lower lashes. Really great for that. As a previous reviewer said, this doesn't provide volume, but a really natural look (in all fairness, the product does says it lengthens and separate/define lashes, doesn't says it provides volume). It doesn't smudges or give me racoon eyes (I don't know you, but I have used some waterproof mascaras that gave me just that, ??).

The waterproof version just comes in black and cost about USD $7-8. Found at most drugstores.

After applying Lash Discovery:

continued >>

on 3/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this for my corner lashes in the hope that it would give it the enhancement that the body of my lashes get. But it really doesn't do much at all. It separates and lengthens a little. There's no volume. The look is quite natural and not quite what I was after. If I'd wanted a good natural look, I would use Full 'n Soft.

on 1/7/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is great for everyday. It holds the curl, darkens well, the brush get every single lash. But it does smudge, and the formula feels rather thick, especially when used over Shiseido The Mascara Base. And it doesn't lengthen or thicken, but I guess that's why I use i with the Shiseido base. Overall, not perfect but I really like this.

on 10/23/2008 11:31:00 AM

I love this mascara and have used it for quite some time. The product isn't meant to create volume but does provide a great way to apply mascara to thin and tiny lashes. The small brush makes application easy and there is no clumping. This mascara defines and separates without making a mess around your tiny lashes. The consistency of the product is thinner so when you pull out the brush it isn't drenched with thick gloppy mascara.

on 10/23/2008 10:28:00 AM

Not too shabby! I purchased specifically for the mini-brush to help get my teeny, tiny lower corner lashes. My original plan was to toss the mascara and just use the brush dipped in my L"Oreal voluminous waterproof, but I thought - what the heck - tried it all by itself for a few days and lo and behold - I had defined, evenly colored lashes that did not smudge or run by the end of the day (yes, even some waterproof mascaras run on me). Doesn't do anything as far as volume, but for definition, this is definitely what I would use on wknds or days I want a more natural look. And I still use the mini-brush to coat those pesky tiny lashes on days I use my L"Oreal = best of both worlds!

on 10/5/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well, I bought this mascara because it was in the half price sale basket. It looked alright but i wasn't expecting too much. I tried it on and i was actually pleasantly surprised! It's a nice for daywear, especially if you want that natural yet defined look. The brush itself is soo small. I find that it doesn't clump much either. It is reallly good for getting those bottom lashes. Probably the best brush for that.

By the end of the day it does get a bit smudgy and flaky so I woudlnt really recommend it for super hot sweaty climates, but it is quite easy to remove. If you have a shower, most of it will come off by itself, then you just get some toner or make-up remover to get rid of the excess.

I probably wouldnt want to but this again, but only because i want to try another mascara.

on 9/28/2008 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Gosh its the worst mascara ever, did nothing for my lashes!
A friend of mine used it and thought like me too.
I dont recommend it for anyone.

on 8/19/2008 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for many years. It has a very thin tiny brush which helps to coat even your tiniest lashes. The formula doesn't clump, my lashes are soft, and it stays put until I take it off. It removes easily with an oil type cleanser. I love it! This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, although sometimes it's hard to find the black waterproof version. The only problem is that it dries out in about a month with daily use but it's cheap enough to buy a new one. After spending a fortune on crappy expensive mascaras I'm going back.

on 7/15/2008 9:47:00 PM

I like this mascara. i dont think its my HG but i havent found that yet. the tiny brush helps get all the lashes and it stays on all day with no flaking. adds nice length and separates well.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love how the brush is so small and tiny. I like going to the natural look so this is the best. No clumps or anything. Great for getting the small lashes and everything. I gave the packaging a 3 because I wish the container was bigger! :D