December 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

This stuff is great for everyday. It holds the curl, darkens well, the brush get every single lash. But it does smudge, and the formula feels rather thick, especially when used over Shiseido The Mascara Base. And it doesn't lengthen or thicken, but I guess that's why I use i with the Shiseido base. Overall, not perfect but I really like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by rocknride

I love this mascara and have used it for quite some time. The product isn't meant to create volume but does provide a great way to apply mascara to thin and tiny lashes. The small brush makes application easy and there is no clumping. This mascara defines and separates without making a mess around your tiny lashes. The consistency of the product is thinner so when you pull out the brush it isn't drenched with thick gloppy mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Not too shabby! I purchased specifically for the mini-brush to help get my teeny, tiny lower corner lashes. My original plan was to toss the mascara and just use the brush dipped in my L"Oreal voluminous waterproof, but I thought - what the heck - tried it all by itself for a few days and lo and behold - I had defined, evenly colored lashes that did not smudge or run by the end of the day (yes, even some waterproof mascaras run on me). Doesn't do anything as far as volume, but for definition, this is definitely what I would use on wknds or days I want a more natural look. And I still use the mini-brush to coat those pesky tiny lashes on days I use my L"Oreal = best of both worlds!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lscbelle1

Well, I bought this mascara because it was in the half price sale basket. It looked alright but i wasn't expecting too much. I tried it on and i was actually pleasantly surprised! It's a nice for daywear, especially if you want that natural yet defined look. The brush itself is soo small. I find that it doesn't clump much either. It is reallly good for getting those bottom lashes. Probably the best brush for that.

By the end of the day it does get a bit smudgy and flaky so I woudlnt really recommend it for super hot sweaty climates, but it is quite easy to remove. If you have a shower, most of it will come off by itself, then you just get some toner or make-up remover to get rid of the excess.

I probably wouldnt want to but this again, but only because i want to try another mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by feuduciel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh its the worst mascara ever, did nothing for my lashes!
A friend of mine used it and thought like me too.
I dont recommend it for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I've been using this for many years. It has a very thin tiny brush which helps to coat even your tiniest lashes. The formula doesn't clump, my lashes are soft, and it stays put until I take it off. It removes easily with an oil type cleanser. I love it! This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, although sometimes it's hard to find the black waterproof version. The only problem is that it dries out in about a month with daily use but it's cheap enough to buy a new one. After spending a fortune on crappy expensive mascaras I'm going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by elastic386

I like this mascara. i dont think its my HG but i havent found that yet. the tiny brush helps get all the lashes and it stays on all day with no flaking. adds nice length and separates well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ilystephaniiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how the brush is so small and tiny. I like going to the natural look so this is the best. No clumps or anything. Great for getting the small lashes and everything. I gave the packaging a 3 because I wish the container was bigger! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kams64

Love the tiny brush for getting all lashes and it doesn't clump. But I couldn't believe how much it smudged under my eyes for a waterproof formula. I've had non waterproof brands that behaved better. I won't buy again for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by egsrysebtte

This mascara is quite good for separating your lashes and defining them. It doesn't give a very dramatic look, but it's good for the days when you don't feel like wearing much makeup, but still want some definition.

The price was just fine, and the tube that it comes in is simple and cute, not too bulky. This mascara is definetly better than some of the other ones I have purchased. For now I'll say that I would rebuy it, but it's hard to tell with me, because I never stick to just one brand.

UPDATE: Today I tried using this mascara for the "doll" look (long, curled and separated lashes). Big mistake. I curled my lashes, applied one coat, and then attempted to curl them again afterwards...not a good idea. I was hoping the formula would allow me to get that curled-to-your-eyebrow look, but my lashes stuck together in a spider-like way. I think now I will only be using this mascara for a very natural look, no curling après. Sigh, still looking for my HG mascara.