April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Iíve been dying to try this pressed powder for ages!!! For some reason, Chanel makeup just draws me towards them. Perhaps itís the packaging (that sleek matt black plastic), velvet pouch that comes with most of their products, I just love Chanel makeup. Besides, Iíve had great results using their foundations (Double Perfection Creme Powder Makeup, & also the liquid version which has already been d/c-ed), never broke me out ever.

Same results yield with this pressed powder. It is finely milled, and the colour suits me pretty well (I can wear both 20 Claire & 30 Natural). Nothing to be faulted at all, really. However, I wish Chanel would improve on the free sponges. I mean, I shell out big bucks, get great product, but lousy applicators?!

The íspongeí that came with the pressed powder is basically like a cotton round, flat and thin, not picking up much powder, not to say, sucky application. Iíve been using my powder brush with it, and I think if I were to bring it out, Iíll need to get myself a new sponge first. Ditto with the applicator that came with another of its foundation ( TEINT INNOCENCE NATURALLY LUMINOUS COMPACT MAKEUP SPF 10), it flakes off the main sponge and it canít be used after a few weeks.

Chanel, come on!! Donít disappoint us with such sub-standard applicators!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by evalien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very nice powder. Light, creamy, fine.
I'm not too keen on the colour selection. When I put the powder on it really shows until I blend it in. When set it does however look good and has very decent staying power unlike many powders I've tried before. Though i'm not utterly thrilled I don't think it's likely i'll find a better powder on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another HG from Chanel. This translucent powder gives me an amazing airbrushed look. I apply with a skunk brush so I can use just a little to get great coverage that I use to set foundation. I use it over creme or powder foundation and it never cakes or looks chalky. I've used many HE translucent powders (Laura Mercier, Stila, T. LeClerc, Shiseido, Cle de Peau) and this is up there with the best of them, and better than most of them. The packaging is the average chanel thing -black plastic, black pouch, and non-refillable, which I hate!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by christine22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favourite powder! Goes on undectable... controls shine. Packaging is nice. Love <3!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by christine21

I love this powder, it is undetectable on your skin and very good for touch ups. I love pulling out my Chanel compact during lunch at school to do touch ups, everyone else has those cheap Cover Girl ones and this indeed is far better than any other powder I've used before. I used to be scared of powder...now I love it! I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I have Poudre Universelle Compacte in Translucent 1. It is a decent enough pressed powder, but unlike some of the other reviewers I feel it's not quite as sheer, sort of a bit heavy. I don't use pressed powders too often, I usually just blot during the day or use my loose powder (Kanebo Translucent Loose Powder) for touch up. The compact is a little small, and I'm not wild about the applicator. I bought Poudre Universelle Compacte since I needed a pressed powder and I love Chanel foundation. I might buy it again, I'll see when the time comes...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Tbauer

I use this powder on and off depending on my mood. It is very natural, and completely undetectable, and the coverage is light. It is a good setting powder for a liquid foundation, but not pigmented enough to fly solo. This is a great powder for the acne prone because it really lets the skin breathe through. If you are really oily, you will either have to reapply or use blotting sheets.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned and purchased this item about 3 times. I know, I couldn't make up my mind. I got it purely for touch ups throughout the day and got 30 Naturel. I used a brush to apply it to my tzone and loved how it kept my skin matte but didn't look powdery or accentuated my pores. I could reapply it as much as I wanted and it would never build up since it's so finely milled. My only complaint is the color selection. 3 different shades, all of which do not suit me. I found the 30, when reapplied looked really dark and muddy on me, but the 20 was way too light and left a white cast. I really wanted to keep this one but had to let it go! Not to mention it cost around $45 CDN!! Just like all Chanel compacts, this one was so darn cute! Nothing compares to MAC blot for touchups though!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by immoralfear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The quality is good, no doubt. This sets makeup well, keeps the shine at bay and does not irritate my sensitive skin. Unfortunately, I am in between shades and this also does not have enough yellow undertones to match my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2006 2:40:00 AM More reviews by jjuang

This power is very very light. It is great for setting your makeup. It is also quite gentle on your skin. Because of its sheer coverage, you almost have to find a foundation w/ the perfect color for you. Chanel doesn't have a good yellow undertone powder though. I'm using the lightest color. It works well b/c it really does not change your face color much. If you want, you can build it up to lighten your color a bit for those winter days when you get just a bit lighter than usual. The only drawback is that this does not last long. You will probably have to touch up every 2 hours or so depending on the weather. I have since switched to origin's skin silk pressed powder for that it gives just a little coverage w/ great yellow-based color.