April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by anne5020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this product, looked great, smelt great, but BROKE ME OUT! started breaking out on the second day, red bumps would appear on my cheek bone area after i washed my the makeup off at night. made me really sad cause i heard such good reviews about it, bought it loved how it looked. After I stopped using this product, the red bumps cleared up. I believe is the scent in the product that broke me out, i pray for the day they will make the same product without a scent to it. I do not have sensitive skin, nothing has broken me out before. sucks :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product more than my MAC golden bronzer powder. It dries to a matte finish on my skin leaving a believable brown tanned colour. No hint of orange and its slowly buildable too and thus foolproof. It also smells beautiful and i therefore look forward to putting my 'face' on in the morning!
EDIT: I am subtracting a lippie.....i still like it - don't get me wrong. If you are warmer skintone, this would be such a good bronzer for you. For me (NC20 for ref) it has a slightly too orange glow for me. But when I use my ST Tropez whipped bronze, it's still very nice....but for everyday, i prefer my NARS laguna!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Cocobaby61

This is a preliminary review, based on my first (and, so far, only application). This is an interesting product. The jar is squat, elegant, and wide in diameter (about 3.25" wide). Let me be clear that any error in application is the result of my not using the proper brush. I would watch YT pixiewoo for info on this, but I believe she used MAC brush 109 (small contour) to apply it. The formula is smooth and cool, like a gel-cream, with great slip to it. The color, from what I hear, would not necessarily work well for those who are deeply tanned to begin with, but I have fair/medium, very slightly warm-toned skin.

The application is very smooth, almost powder-like and, with the correct brush, requires minimal smoothing of any harsh lines. In a couple of C-type strokes, from under cheekbones to the temple, a subtle (but not invisible) shading appears that actually resembles a true, sun-kissed glow. This product is not shimmery, but produces a very low-key sheen that mimics natural skin-very effective. I hit my chin and the bridge of my nose with just a light sweep of the brush, and I was ready to go out the door. I do like the fact that the color is buildable, that you can really go as deep as you want.

What concerns me is that the color might just be a tad too warm for me, but I will try to apply it differently, and maybe pop my cheekbones with something rosy for balance. Even with the oil my skin produces after an hour or so post-cleanse, this product did not get that dirty, gloppy, muddy look so common with me and bronzers. I missed Smashbox's cream bronzer so much-it was the only one I could use successfully, and I may have just found its replacement. A little goes a long, long way-this jar will last me well into the fall or possibly to year's end (or longer). The soft-serve type swirl on top of the product barely showed grazing with just one application and, as fair as I am, much is not needed to achieve the desired look.

I'm quite happy with my purchase at the moment-a little tweaking on my application method should produce a perfect look for me. It can be used with or without foundation and powder, provides seamless color when properly applied, and doesn't change color. It doesn't have HG status, but that could change with a little experimentation. For the price, I think this will last such a long time for me, that it's not extravagant. This product is a keeper.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by paperdollie

Even though its quite pricey IT IS WORTH EVERY CENT!!!!!

the most amazing thing i've ever seen in my life!!!!!! My HG, My everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this with the conjunction of the precious bronzing powder...result perfect sunkissed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by vanewpc

ENTER A CHANCE TO WIN THIS PRODUCT ON MY YOUTUBE PAGE

I love this product it's a HG makeup product of mine! i have a review as well as a cheaper alternative on my Youtube chanel i also have a contest where you can enter to win one so check it out if interested =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AWILDA429

OMG!

YOU GUYS! I WANT TO BATHE IN THIS THING!

I love love love love it! it gives your skin such a warm beautiful glow. People were complimenting me when I wore this to work.

It looks so stunning on your face.
the fragrance is so pleasant.
I just look forward to putting it on everyday.

I am NC40 (mufe #128, rcma shinto 2, chanel #60 teinte innocence).

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Spendydoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, I'm so impressed.
I bought this after watching reviews on Youtube and am sooooooooooooooo glad I did it's worth every penny. It comes in quite a big round container, which isn't very handy for travel. The consistency of it is like a cream and you need quite a small dense brush to use to sweep up the product.
The glow this product gives is fantastic. The color is more on the orange side than brown but the color it distributes is the most believable tan from a bronzer I've ever used. Even after a full day of wearing this at work I still look fantastic in conjunction with Mat Lumiere foundation.
I really recommend this product to people looking for a bronzer that doesn't leave you looking cakey. Good work Chanel, this is HG for me!!

UPDATE 26/07/2009: I am still using this stuff religiously after applying my foundation. It gives such a lovely glow and helps powder foundation/blush stay in place during the day. I think this might make me break out a little still, but nothing severe enough that I would stop using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by anvu80

I have the older packaging of this product, bought it just before the new one came out with a different name and a different price tag! With that being said, I love this bronzer! The creamy texture works great along with my MAC 109 brush. I normally just swirl the brush in the container, and lightly swipe along my cheekbone..and then blend blend blend. It gives my face a warmth that I love and makes me look very healthy and bronzey!

The only downside is the packaging....actually, the packaging is beautiful but I find it is not too convenient to throw into a makeup bag to take to the gym. It's better left on my vanity and used at home.

Forgot to mention-I love the scent of this product!!!!! One container should last a long time...hope they dont discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by heather2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loooove it! By far the best bronzer i've used, looks completely natural since it has no shimmer/glitter. Amazing consistency and doesn't rub off on clothes, smells so good too! I apply it with a small dense brush (eg. mac 109) and work it into the skin. It can be used all over the face and neck or just on cheekbones, temples, and forehead for a contoured look. Would recommend this 100%, definately worth your money as you get a lot in the container. Very impressed!