July 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Mega Shine Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: STILL AMAZING. Stays on for a week without chipping! Holy crap! But I do have to say that it is better to put on dry nail polish. If you have thick layer of polish and put this one while it's wet, the surface will dry faster than the inner layers and if you move your hands around you will see unnatural ripples! (Which I thought was so cool!!..but I guess it's not so cool that I had to redo everything). But wearability is still amazing. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I don't know if I got the new version of this thing, but mine came in clear glass bottle. And on top of that, I have to say I am truly amazed by it. I put on Essie's first base basecoat, 2 coats of OPI polish, and one thick coat of this and my nails were dry in 5 minutes. This is crazy. I was still sitting there waiting silly, after 5 minutes I did not expect this to dry, but I guess I forgot I was drying polish and went up and got my cup, accidentally bumping my nail on the handle. You know that feeling ladies, you go "Sh*t, now I have to redo everything." But when I looked at my nails, they were prefectly fine. I touch them, they are drier than anything you can imagine, and you can press it with decent amount of pressure. Imagine the joy! Because I was just about of buy the OPI drip-dry, and this costs half the price! Forget Seche, it smells like industrial paint and is banned in several countries. But this one doesn't. It smells like normal polish. I'm hooked. I don't think mine will peel because the Essie's basecoat is some serious stuff. So technically I found my HG top coat that shines and dries in a blink of an eye. I will update on the wearability.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bumped

Definitely makes nails shiny. Definitely dries quickly. Definitely makes nail polish peel off, but for me, I didn't notice that until at least a week later. I didn't even know this was sort of a Seche Vite dupe and I like it (steal it from a roommate sometimes hehe). Though, even though it says you can use it on wet polish, don't. It doesn't work, just lives a big streaky mark where your nail polish used to be (it is now on the brush for this).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

"mega shine"? I think not. I swear my nails actually duller than they do w/ my normal TC (SH 'dries instantly'). I hate the bottle since it's impossible to see if you've got the brush coated in product, or even how much product is left. When I applied SH Insta-Dri drops it actually just rolled off this stuff instead of spreading out and doing it's job. If I hadn't gotten this for free I'd be pissed about spending money on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by KaylaRosa

I bought this because i had heard it was comparable to seche vite. I used this over rimmels black cherries polish and there was no extra shine, but it did make my polish dry quickly.. A day later my nails were already chipping and then the polish just peeled off in one big chunk! I'd rather stay with my double duty and wont be purchasing this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

At first, I really liked this because of the beautiful shine that it left on my nails, but then I began noticing that when I used this topcoat, my manicure only lasted a day or two and would begin chipping. I tested it again, over O.P.I. and chipped on the second day. When I use other top coats, my manis last much much longer even if I'm using a lesser quality polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

Love this top coat! it is super glossy and dries super fast. It applies effortlessly because of its consistency and really keeps my color from chipping. before i started using it my color would literally flake off but now i use it i just see minor wear on the edge of my nails, which is GREAT! most of my manis last atleast a week now, i get tired of the color before I actually NEED to re-do my nails which feels like such a luxury ^_^

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lac213

I love this stuff. It's cheap and does what it says. When I use this over my polish (usually OPI or Essie), it extends the wear by a week or more and provides great shine. It also smooths out any nicks or imperfections in your polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

nothing short of holy grail status on this one. incredible patent leather shine - covers up any imperfections in the color coats of polish and turns it into one mirror finish shine. when i do my pedicures with this at home they look better than when i have them done at the salon. seriously. i put a coat of this on every week, and my pedicures last about 3 weeks. amazing!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by aramirez08

I bought this after I heard great things about it and let me just say this stuff is horrible. I guess it does make my nails shine but nothing any other polish will do.
I have tried this over a few different nail polishes, Sephora by Opi brand to cheaper brands of nails polishes and I still get the same result: chipping. I applied this at night and the next day my nails were chipping...bad!
I will never buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by periplaneta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

the formula in this one is great it dries really fast and makes my nails shiny although soimetimes i notice that it makes my nail color less vibrant which i don't like at all.. my only big problem is with the brush which does not help at all it is stiff and ruins perfectly applied nailpolish esp when its still too wet. its my first topcoat and i would want to try other topcoats first after this one