October 23, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It sinks in quickly and is super-moisturizing but not greasy; the scent is light and pleasant and not at all overwhelming. Great stuff that is cheap and readily available; it also gives a nice sheen but doesn't make me look like an oil slick. Great stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have the unscented version.

This is a very, very lightweight, sheer, silky oil with some preservatives thrown in (which I don't quite understand...as long as you keep your oils away from heat, they won't go rancid very quickly). It is more of a light summer moisturizer or maybe a bath oil than a heavy-duty moisturizer. It gives your skin a nice sheen and isn't going to make you feel greasy and gross, but it's also not going to be enough (on it's own) for those with very dry skin. I still need to top it off with a heavy lotion or cream in the dead of winter.

I don't think I'll repurchase. This is fairly expensive for a basic body oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by smittypi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best products on the market, its been around a long time and I hope it never goes away... I have been using this stuff for ever and I cant say enough about it.. the smell is great....I wish they bottled that smell and sold a a spray,, I use the oil everyday no matter what season it is.. If you are thinking about buying this, I say YES...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

this is my HG body oil.I have faithfully been using this product for about 5 years now.and honestly have never bothered looking for alternate. this is hands down, the best non greasy body oil i have ever used. it absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin soft and nice to touch,The scent is very clean to me,and it accomodates any perfume i may layer over it. as long as they make it, i will use it.i dont haver many HG is my life, because i always like to be trying new things. but this is a mainstay in my day to day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body oil saved my dry skin!

I was skeptical at first, but after reading good reviews, I gave it a try and loved it. For being an oil, it absorbs extremely well and doesn't leave you feeling greasy or oily - if anything, it actually feels cleaner than not applying it! The smell's very overpowering at first, but lightens up within minutes and, if you really don't like it, there's a scent-free version on the market.

As for the actual use, I'd make sure you use it directly out of the shower or bath and only use a few drops per section of your body. It should absorb very quickly and a single bottle will last forever. If you have super dry skin or it's really cold out, you'll want to follow this up with your normal moisturizer - if you live somewhere humid or have normal skin, you might not even need one! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely product. Recommended it to my boyfriend, and he loves it too. I have the unscented version because my workplace is scent free, but the scent is quite wonderful. Takes care of my winter dry skin (nothing like a prairie winter to suck every ounce of moisture out of your skin) and works well as a shave lotion too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by firedog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Neutrogena Body Oil as my shaving cream and it is perfect. I get a much closer shave, use less product and my legs are oh so moisturized. I'm on my 10th bottle, so I guess I'm hooked! My only complaint is that I wish it was in a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by angelmae78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this last night based on reviews and already love it! I used it last night and this morning after showering - just a couple of drops were all I needed for my whole body. My skin has been really dry and itchy lately. I'd been slathering on lotions after showering, but they felt goopy and sticky - and my skin would still be dry. So far, this is great! My skin feels soft and moisturized with no stickiness and I love the light scent. It smells light and floral and a bit tropical. Very nummy!

I do have a couple of complaints: 1) I wish it came in a pump bottle. 2) I feel it's a bit over-priced - but then again, it seems it'll last a long time, so maybe it's not that bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I like Avon's Skin-so-soft oil better ONLY for the consistency and feel going on, plus they have that spray bottle so you don't have to get your hands all slimey, but I DESPISE the skin-so-soft fragrance, so for that reason, I cannot use it. This stuff is decent, no offensive odors, moisturizes well, I just hate that it pours out of the bottle and goes everywhere (the drawer I keep it in is pretty slimey too)...if Neutrogena put a sprayer on this bottle it would get a 5! Will buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great oil moisturizer. It moisturizes, but is not too heavy. Has a great light scent. Best applied right after bath or shower. I only wish it absorbed a little better into the skin. Not too pricey. I would repurchase it.