September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body oil saved my dry skin!

I was skeptical at first, but after reading good reviews, I gave it a try and loved it. For being an oil, it absorbs extremely well and doesn't leave you feeling greasy or oily - if anything, it actually feels cleaner than not applying it! The smell's very overpowering at first, but lightens up within minutes and, if you really don't like it, there's a scent-free version on the market.

As for the actual use, I'd make sure you use it directly out of the shower or bath and only use a few drops per section of your body. It should absorb very quickly and a single bottle will last forever. If you have super dry skin or it's really cold out, you'll want to follow this up with your normal moisturizer - if you live somewhere humid or have normal skin, you might not even need one! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely product. Recommended it to my boyfriend, and he loves it too. I have the unscented version because my workplace is scent free, but the scent is quite wonderful. Takes care of my winter dry skin (nothing like a prairie winter to suck every ounce of moisture out of your skin) and works well as a shave lotion too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by firedog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Neutrogena Body Oil as my shaving cream and it is perfect. I get a much closer shave, use less product and my legs are oh so moisturized. I'm on my 10th bottle, so I guess I'm hooked! My only complaint is that I wish it was in a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by angelmae78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this last night based on reviews and already love it! I used it last night and this morning after showering - just a couple of drops were all I needed for my whole body. My skin has been really dry and itchy lately. I'd been slathering on lotions after showering, but they felt goopy and sticky - and my skin would still be dry. So far, this is great! My skin feels soft and moisturized with no stickiness and I love the light scent. It smells light and floral and a bit tropical. Very nummy!

I do have a couple of complaints: 1) I wish it came in a pump bottle. 2) I feel it's a bit over-priced - but then again, it seems it'll last a long time, so maybe it's not that bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I like Avon's Skin-so-soft oil better ONLY for the consistency and feel going on, plus they have that spray bottle so you don't have to get your hands all slimey, but I DESPISE the skin-so-soft fragrance, so for that reason, I cannot use it. This stuff is decent, no offensive odors, moisturizes well, I just hate that it pours out of the bottle and goes everywhere (the drawer I keep it in is pretty slimey too)...if Neutrogena put a sprayer on this bottle it would get a 5! Will buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great oil moisturizer. It moisturizes, but is not too heavy. Has a great light scent. Best applied right after bath or shower. I only wish it absorbed a little better into the skin. Not too pricey. I would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ilmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this based on reveiws here. This is a definite keeper moisturizer. I use it after bath while my skin is still damp. The bottle lasts as you only use a bit.

I live in Colorado and with the dry climate winter skin is made even worse. I had a spa treatment this week and the esthetician said my skin was great and not drinking in her moisturizer like the others she had done lately. She asked what I used. When I told her my skin had been better this winter compared to others and using Neutrogena Sesame Oil was the only change in my routine she said she is going to get get some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

i have used and loved this oil for many yrs now. i have a medical condition that destroys my moisture glands so i know about having dry skin in a way most cannot even begin to relate to. this is great for dry skin, and in the summer, like many have said, i can use it alone with no other moisturizers.
in the winter i could, but i add extra moisturizer for a layered effect.

the smell is gorgeous! i have loved it since i first smelled it and trust me, you can go perfume free with this alone secure in the knowledge that you smell great! men have complimented me on the scent, and how smooth my skin looks after i've used this. it feels like a high end, luxury item. you will feel pampered using it. some hints, i have found many spray tops from other products fit this nicely. by using a spray top you get a lovely fine mist, and no waste as you might have otherwise. i have mixed a this oil with a little of whatever scent i'm currently into, in a teeny spray bottle and used on my wrists and neck, to give my scent more lasting power. i recently bought a new bottle from the clearance shelf at duane reade, turns out it was on sale cause it's rancid. buying it on sale is fine, but dont get it from the clearance shelf! one bottle lasts a very long time, so although its high end for a ds product, for performance, value and the fact a little goes a long way, you really get a great deal. there should be a body spray with this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Simply the best & easiest way to give your skin the extra pampering it needs and deserves. Hydrates, leaves a soft glow. Perfect for all seasons. Just a bit does it......

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Linamakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Body oil does not work for me. I've tried a few. They all feel great when I just put them on right after stepping out of shower, but they dry quickly and my skin always feels extremely dry at the end of the day. The body oil is the same. Will not by again.