April 16, 2014 | 1275 users online

Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It smells terrible. It's greasy. But oh, does it work! I got a set with a full size tube and two of the lip balms on clearance for only $5 at TJMaxx. I had never tried it before. For that price, I couldn't pass it up. My initial reaction wasn't the most positive, probably just based on the smell. But it really does amazing things. For one thing, I have tried so many different creams, lotions and balms for dry, rough feet, and been sorely disappointed. One night with this, and my feet looked very different in the morning. It also healed my cuticles very quickly. Softened my rough knees and elbows. The lip balm is good, too. The regular price is high for such a small tube, but I will buy it. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by phoebe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this for five different purposes last night, I decided to write a review. First, I applied it to dd's nose which was raw from a cold, and then to her skinned knees. Then, I dabbed some on my raggedy,sore cuticle, dry lips and finally the ends of my hair.
This morning 4 out of 5 problems are solved! The skinned knees need more time to heal, but I do think EHC will speed the process.
As for the smell, it reminds me of my grandmother's dressing table, so I have positive connotations with the scent, but I can see how others would find it odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by MurchD

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I truly honestly on my own life wished I took a picture this morning when I applied this and showed you another picture JUST NOW!

For a month now I've been keeping indoors because I broke out terribly from acne whilst changing my contraceptive... Luckily have a great hubby that did all the shopping for me all this time. I got this nasty breakout between my eyes and ended up with a dark red painful scab that looked horrible... TILL TODAY!

I bought this tube about 7 years back for I don't know what and always been keeping it. This morning my domestic worker came in and saw me without a plaster in a month's time. I told her that I've decided to keep it open to air dry and see if a scab will make it heal faster. After I showered (making sure not to disturb the scab) I've applied some moisturizer and let it be. After a while (irritated with the dryness) I went back to the bathroom and my eye caught sight of the tube in my pink basket labeled "old, but do not through away" stuff. I took the tube and read at the back for what it is again. Put it aside thinking that maybe after all this time it is not usable anymore and the ingredients will probably only let me break out.

After half an hour passed and I went back to it... rubbed on a good amount and came and sit in front of my computer (work from home... thank goodness). Started to google this product and landed on this site. Still skeptical and afraid it will not work in the end I kept on rubbing some more while reading the reviews. Took a break and took it off with water. Saw the start of skin peeling and gently took off the skin.... WOW, WOW, WOW! The dark red blotch it a light peachy color and no more scab. I could not believe what I just witnessed and ran to my domestic worker and showed her how it looked. She is my witness... It is 100% better in just three hours after applying. I've just applied some more to keep in moisturized and will see how it look at the end of today.

I am just so happy that after a whole MONTH I can face people again... My hubby is not going to believe what he sees when he gets home tonight. It is just after 14:00 here in Johannesburg now and I am going to award myself with a glass of wine now!

TRULY A MIRACLE AND WILL FOREVER USE THIS PRODUCT ON PROBLEM AREAS! YAY!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by alisa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am still not sure if I like this product - I bought it when almost everyone at work recommended this when I got a sunburn. It did help my skin, but then other natural stuff I used to put on my face after sunbathing would do the same trick. I still do use it, even though I don't like the sticky feeling this cream leaves. Quite expensive for a product that I believe can be replaced by too many other creams.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Not that I would ever need to repurchase this, I did enjoy it while I used it.

My lips go through periods where it rejects certain balms. When nothing else was working for me, I tried this, and it was well!

The scent is quite horrendous if I may say so myself, but the product works wonders on my lips. I dab a little and use excess on my hands.

Although heavy, even when I coat my entire face in this (if I ever need to), it will not clog my skin out.

Handy product to have around for cracked elbows, knees whatnot.

I will probably start using this again in the winter when I need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by robinmosesnailart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great trick. i saw this on a gurus channel where she took a little touch of this....rubbed it on her fingers and dabbed it on her cheekbones and eyelids and chin etc..and it gave her a fresh dewey look over her makeup. it gave a really natural non-made up look. i bought it, tried it and it did the job. the smell is ...........strongish? but it does its job and in win and sun, it does protect well. i like it...the tube will last me forever and its a great tip..i bet you could do the same thing with other products but liked it and thought i would share this tip here :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Harriet1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PETROLEUM AND LANOLIN MIXED TOGETHER WITH FRAGRANCE FOR ONLY HALF YOUR WEEKLY SALARY??!

MIRACLE!!

Oh...sarcasm.

13 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I CANNOT BELIVE ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS HERE!!!
this is the WORST cream (whatever the darn things it need to be for)
the smell is so strong and disgusting!!!
and i bought it for the raving reviews it had regarding using it as a lip treatment.
now i am a very high end skin care junkie (looove la prairie lol)
and at first my snobish skincare brain felt like weird wanting to buy an elizabeth arden product as its not really a "high end brand" (sorry for all you guys that like this brand) but i know that there are times where a great product comes from not the most high end brand so i just bought this cream.
i put it on at night on my lips and gosh i wanted to throw up from the smell!
and it was so oily on the lips and it felt like it was just sitting on the lips and thats it!
listin girls (and guys) if you are like me looking for the GREATEST EVER TREATMENT FOR THE LIPS then just follow what i do and i promise you that you will have an amazing,soft,beautiful,luscious lips!!!
so after years of experimenting and trying ALL the brands out there here is what i do......

i use the "SKIN CEUTICALS-antioxidant lip repair",this is a anti aging "serum" treatment for the lips and what it does is that it is a penatrating multi vitamin and anti oxidant serum that hydrates to the deepist layers of the lips and it plumps my lips really nice.(read my review on it here at MUA).

NIGHT TIME......
first off ,every other night i love to exfoliate my lips(this gives your lips the smoooth texture cause it sweeps the dead skin cells away and that means your lipstick will go on smooooth and beautiful) so what i use for that is the "LUSH- lip scrub" and remember after you do the scrub your lips will be very dry so you MUST put a cream on top of them!!!
after the exfoliation i apply the "SKIN CEUTICALS-antioxidant lip repair" serum and then wait 5 min and then.......
i apply the AMAZING "darphin age defying lip balm"
(now this has got to be the most hydrating-heavy duty lip balm i ever had.)
it is an intense lip balm that i use for night time use only.
i just use this as a nightime beauty lip treatment,guys this is really amazing stuf!!!
so thats it girls,that is what i do:
"lush-lip scrub", every other day
"skin ceauticals-antioxidant lip repair",as a serum underneath a lip balm
"darphin age defying lip balm" as a nightly lip tratment(after the "SC" lip serum)

DAYTIME USE:(OPTIONAL).......
"cle de peau-lip treatment"-,as a lip balm in the morning/daytime(i use this as a "daytime" balm becouse its light,not gloosy,not waxy balm and it gives an amazing feel to the lips,now this would be your "carry around lip balm" as you can smooth it on the lips whenever you feel you need to)
have fun guys and if you dont find somthing from these products and you dont know where to order them from then just send me a message and write me what country your from and ill be happy to tell you where to order it from online.
sarai from israel:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, great stuff. Its much more than vaseline. There are other great ingredients like lanolin. This is better than my aquaphor. I can get past the strong medicinal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have Eight Hour Cream in a tube, but it also comes in a jar. It's a thick, highly concentrated, orange gel-cream that coats skin while skin absorbs emollients and vitamin e. This isn't a miracle cream or anything (what is?), but it beautifully and completely soothes chapping, peeling, dermatitis, rashes, cracked lips, fine dry lines, and chafing. It has salicylic acid as an anti-inflammatory, so relief is just about instantaneous. It's wonderful for hands and feet, but I use it mostly on my neck, and, occasionally, even on my whole face. If applied before bed, it soaks into skin overnight and leaves skin soft, plump, and soothed in the morning.

Eight Hour Cream can be used to keep eyeshadow from fading, and to keep brows shaped. It helps lipstick last longer, and keeps it from drying out lips. It's great for protecting the skin when skiing or spending a lot of time outdoors in cold weather. I would imagine that on dry skin, it provides a "glow", (it just looks like an oil slick on me), so it's a versatile product.

This is around 50% Petrolatum, so it's very greasy, at first, on my skin. It takes, literally, hours to be absorbed. Its other actives are salicylic acid, lanolin, mineral oil, and vitamin e. The ingredients are a nightmare for certain skin-types, so this is definitely not for everyone; especially for use on the face. It smells simply awful, in my opinion: like a blend of citronella candle and motor oil. When Eight Hour is on my face, I can smell it for quite awhile, but the morning results are worth it.

Eight Hour Cream is reasonably priced. Even though Vaseline, etc. is much cheaper at the drugstore, 8 Hour Cream is highly concentrated, and has an anti-inflammatory + vitamin e. It often comes in "sets" (with sunscreen, lip protector, etc.), making the overall price really good.

Eight Hour Cream is one of the best skin protectors I've found for soothing extreme dryness, and it's especially great for elbows, knees, heels, and cracked lips. It's also great for razor burn.