Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

I always have Eight Hour Cream in my bag. I mainly use as lip balm, it leaves my lips shiny and moisturised without any stickiness. But it's also great as an intensive moisturiser for the hands, for dry flaky patches on your face, to tame eyebrows, as a brow or cheek highlighter... and the list goes on. Yes it smells kind of weird, but I don't find the scent overly intense. One tube lasts for ages and ages. Buy it!

Highly effective moisturiser for parched body skin areas (I'm thinking elbows, feet and hands). Soothing on eczema too!

Given this product's uber rich, thick consistency though, would proceed with caution if intent on using it facially.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Brilliant! It took me awhile to decide to invest in it, but it's a decision I'll never go back on. I bought this a year ago, and I've barely made a dent in it. Sometimes I forget it's hiding in my draw and it's when I have stubborn dry, flaky and crummy lips that my usual lip balms are no match for do I remember I have this! One use and my lips are like 'chapped what?!'

I want to see if they have it as a chapstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've used this product for years. I've got the hand cream, the lip balm and the original cream. I recently let my husband borrow it for windburn on his lips and now he's hooked. A beauty product that my husband loves? Now thats amazing.

This is super strength vaseline on steroids. I use it on skin that is chapped, dry or peeling and it will help heal the skin, restore moisture and make it easier for you to peel off the dead skin after. I find it especially helpful in the winter on my lips, elbows and back of my ankles. A little goes a long way, so one tube will last almost a year before you have to buy another. You can even put it around your eyes without it irritating your skin. I think it's important to have one of these in your medicine cabinet, it can be used for a huge variety of things.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Finally figured out what the smell reminds me of - sage. Everytime I wore it, I felt like I smelled like Thanksgiving stuffing. Worked as well as most I've tried, nothing special.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! I can honestly say that its the one cream i cant live without.I use it on dry skin,burns,on my nose if i get a cold and my skin gets chapped.Its great for all of the family.Not everyone is a fan of the smell so im sure those who dont will be pleased when they launch the fragrance free version later this year.

It's not Vaseline! It has a petrolatum (Vaseline) basis, but the other ingredients added to it help it far perform Vaseline in terms of protecting the skin. It cured my winter-chapped face overnight and didn't break me out. When it comes to serious irritation and chapping, Vaseline doesn't even come close.
The smell is definitely an acquired taste, and it doesn't really soak into the skin. But it really holds in moisture if used after cleansing. Plumps and protects. A little goes a long way. The price is justified, I've been using the same tube for the last 3 winters!

I really, really want to like Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, but honestly I just cannot get past the smell. In my mind, how well it works is irrelevant because of the horrible odor. It smells like an Irish sweater that got wet with a hint of something even more unpleasant, which I realize is because of the lanolin, but I really wish they had done more to mask it. I can't have it anywhere near my face because it makes me a bit sick, and the smell is still really strong when I put it other places on my body. That being said, it does do what it's supposed to fairly well. A few times this winter when I've been really desperate for some serious moisture I've pulled it out, but never when I'm going out anywhere, or even when my husband is around. I won't be buying this again and probably won't finish the tube I have - Vaseline could do just about the same thing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Bought this on a whim and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. It completely healed the horribly painful cracks I get at the corners of my mouth in winter, and soothes eczema like a dream. The ingredient list freaked me out at first but hey, if it works, it works. Soothes, protects, and looks great a cheekbone highlight, too! Plus, it smells like a spring garden. Absolutely indispensable.