August 20, 2014 | 1086 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this at duty free in a little glass pot, it is the limited edition anniversary packaging I think. I think it was about 14. I use it as a lip balm and it is amazing. I actually love the smell. I have had used loads of lip balms from really cheap to really splurging (creme de la mer). In terms of keepingyour lips moisturized and plump all day, this is the best. And you get loads, so really not expensive. Have never used on my face though or near my eyes, as I think it would make my eyes puff up

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have said many times before that i have extremely dry skin and it flakes all the time and that bothers me because i have good skin (knock on wood) but the flakiness makes me feel like i have the ugliest skin of all time, anyway, This thing is a life saver I've been using it ever since I was little and it gives me the glowiest skin ever which is a dream come true for me. it also doesn't break me out or anything because i have super sensitive skin and it just is a really amazing product and it's actually cheap if you compare it to how much you actually use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Well, I like this. I like the fact that it doesn't contain silicones (I think!) as my skin seems to be reacting to them of late. I like the fact that its multi purpose. I quite like the smell. Yes, I know vaseline would do the same job, but I also like luxury ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is really good, but only for very few beauty purposes - burnt skin and chapped lips. If I have dry lips I apply this for two consecutive nights and they're completed healed and re-hydrated. I find the smell much too strong, and I think it's equally effective to Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, which is cheaper. I don't think I would repurchase at the current price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, it doesnt smell good, infact my boyfriend hates so much that he wont kiss me if im wearing it on my lips haha so maybe it should be renamed to "boy repelant" lol... but my god is it fantastic as moisturising! I always use it on my lips (except when around my BF lol) and when my eyes feel dry during the harsh winter months i even apply a dap around my eyes at night and does a fantastic job at restoring them to their .. ahem.. former glory haha... its expensive if you use it just as a lip gloss as i tend to do but ive had my tube over a year it will definitley last another year! fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by annekageary

I have had problems with possible acne on my face for the past 15 years! I have had antibiotic creams, pills, tried all the high street brands for acne which mostly just aggravate my skin, I was about to give up on everything when my friend who suffers with eczema gave me a pot of Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream, It worked almost instantly! And within a day the spot was almost gone. I have been to see a dermatologist in the last week and informed them of this cream they told me not to use it but I am going to as I am beginning to get scars and nothing that the Doctors give me settles my face like this. Regards to the smell of the product after the amount of antibiotic cream I have had over the years its nothing! It doesn't bother me in the slightest! 3 days before my wedding my acne flared up and I put some cream on and you wouldn't have even known I had had a spot 3 days before, I do think it is slightly over priced, however a small amount goes a long way, so it probably doesn't work out that bad and definitely worth every penny :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It smells terrible. It's greasy. But oh, does it work! I got a set with a full size tube and two of the lip balms on clearance for only $5 at TJMaxx. I had never tried it before. For that price, I couldn't pass it up. My initial reaction wasn't the most positive, probably just based on the smell. But it really does amazing things. For one thing, I have tried so many different creams, lotions and balms for dry, rough feet, and been sorely disappointed. One night with this, and my feet looked very different in the morning. It also healed my cuticles very quickly. Softened my rough knees and elbows. The lip balm is good, too. The regular price is high for such a small tube, but I will buy it. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by phoebe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this for five different purposes last night, I decided to write a review. First, I applied it to dd's nose which was raw from a cold, and then to her skinned knees. Then, I dabbed some on my raggedy,sore cuticle, dry lips and finally the ends of my hair.
This morning 4 out of 5 problems are solved! The skinned knees need more time to heal, but I do think EHC will speed the process.
As for the smell, it reminds me of my grandmother's dressing table, so I have positive connotations with the scent, but I can see how others would find it odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by MurchD

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I truly honestly on my own life wished I took a picture this morning when I applied this and showed you another picture JUST NOW!

For a month now I've been keeping indoors because I broke out terribly from acne whilst changing my contraceptive... Luckily have a great hubby that did all the shopping for me all this time. I got this nasty breakout between my eyes and ended up with a dark red painful scab that looked horrible... TILL TODAY!

I bought this tube about 7 years back for I don't know what and always been keeping it. This morning my domestic worker came in and saw me without a plaster in a month's time. I told her that I've decided to keep it open to air dry and see if a scab will make it heal faster. After I showered (making sure not to disturb the scab) I've applied some moisturizer and let it be. After a while (irritated with the dryness) I went back to the bathroom and my eye caught sight of the tube in my pink basket labeled "old, but do not through away" stuff. I took the tube and read at the back for what it is again. Put it aside thinking that maybe after all this time it is not usable anymore and the ingredients will probably only let me break out.

After half an hour passed and I went back to it... rubbed on a good amount and came and sit in front of my computer (work from home... thank goodness). Started to google this product and landed on this site. Still skeptical and afraid it will not work in the end I kept on rubbing some more while reading the reviews. Took a break and took it off with water. Saw the start of skin peeling and gently took off the skin.... WOW, WOW, WOW! The dark red blotch it a light peachy color and no more scab. I could not believe what I just witnessed and ran to my domestic worker and showed her how it looked. She is my witness... It is 100% better in just three hours after applying. I've just applied some more to keep in moisturized and will see how it look at the end of today.

I am just so happy that after a whole MONTH I can face people again... My hubby is not going to believe what he sees when he gets home tonight. It is just after 14:00 here in Johannesburg now and I am going to award myself with a glass of wine now!

TRULY A MIRACLE AND WILL FOREVER USE THIS PRODUCT ON PROBLEM AREAS! YAY!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by alisa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am still not sure if I like this product - I bought it when almost everyone at work recommended this when I got a sunburn. It did help my skin, but then other natural stuff I used to put on my face after sunbathing would do the same trick. I still do use it, even though I don't like the sticky feeling this cream leaves. Quite expensive for a product that I believe can be replaced by too many other creams.