October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by xiongmao11

I bought this because I needed something with more SPF than my moisturizer (which was only 15) and I was going to the beach for a week. I decided on buying this and I am extremely impressed. It protected my face after spending hours in the sun/heat and it didn't break me out at all! It has a sunscreen smell but that's a given. This stuff went on so smooth and didn't "ball" or "pill" up like some people have said. It's roughly around $8 at Target, much cheaper than dept. store brands and I think works just as well, if not better, than those expensive brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this sunscreen for about 2 years now and find it is an excellent product. I have an oily t-zone with occasional breakouts and this does not irritate my skin, cause any more oiliness or break me out. I have found that it does sting my eyes if i perspire or get any of it too close to my eyes...but i think that would be true of most sunscreens. I apply this every day as the last step to my routine: Cleanse(paula's skin balancing cleanser or marcelle hydra c exfoliant), exfoliate(paula's 2% bha gel), disinfect(panoxyl 2.5% aquagel), moisturize(dab of desert essence aloe vera gelly mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil) and then finally I apply the sunscreen - but just on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. I find that if i apply well to just those areas rather than slathering it on all over my face, i still get the coverage where i need it and it is less likely to get into my eyes. It goes on slightly greasy, but dries very matte and does not leave any shine. The smell is a bit odd, but not overpowering or lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I consider this a basic, good for the face SPF. I use this as my everyday blocker if I know I'm just staying home or going to the market or something. If I do go out during the day (like an afternoon outing) then I use Diorsnow UV SPF50, its also $50 for an ounce, I try to use it only when needed.

I couldn't use Diorsnow everyday because its just too expensive, so this dry touch fits the bill nicely. Its cheap, readily avaliable, DOESNT STING MY FACE or irritate or cause redness whatsoever. The only strange feeling I get from this is a slight feeling of suffocating my skin, but on that scale of 1 being the least 10 being the worst, its less than a 2, and its manageable. I can't find anything better for my everyday SPF coverage. This doesn't ball up on me ever and goes underneath makeup just fine. I have been adding a tinch of Monistat Anti-Chafing gel to this to make it look better too. Ingredient wise its not perfect for me, I'd rather use something zinc based (like my diorsnow 19%zinc and super smoooth), but at this price point there is nothing avaliable. Oily breakthrough properties are fine, I get a little glowy+ but its okay with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by agf1908

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over a year. The critics are correct in that this sunblock goes on smoothly without leaving a greasy film on your skin. Protection from harmful rays is top notch and the smell isn't overpowering. Love it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by shrukom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The one product I cant live without! Wonderfully sheer on my skin, (which is very oily) and doesnít leave a white cast. I tried the Age shield spf 30 but it would ball up and Ultra Sheer spf 50 was too greasy with a faint white cast. I had bad acne which I cured with Accutane and now use this product daily without breaking out. Unfortunately itís not available in my country (India) so I have my lovely friends in the US send me some tubes ever so often. God bless my friends and god bless this incredible product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I didnt love this. I felt like the texture was a little odd and whilst it didnt leave me with a white cast, it did make my skin feel weird and clogged some of my pores which made me break out. I have tried a million different sunscreens and after trying this, am still on the hunt for one that doesn't break me out or leave me looking white. After this disappointment, shiseido is next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by anya187

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is absolutely the best sunscreen I've ever used. It can easily double up as a primer for those with oily skin. Since I use it, my face stays dramatically matte throughout the day (and I've really oily skin) it hasn't caused any breakouts, and it really protects well against the sun rays. I just wish it was a bit cheaper, but that's okay since every penny is worth it. The packaging isn't the best, but I do not complain. I really suggest you give it a try; however, if you have dry skin, this may not be for you because it can make dry patches so obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is "THE" sunblock to wear if you have acne-prone skin!! It's the only sunblock I have found that won't make my acne much worse. I say much worse because every other sunblock I have tried has made made acne break out like crazy. The lotion smells nice and goes on very light and dries quickly. The only drawback is that I find it very expensie for such a small bottle - $15-16 Canadian for 88ml bottle. But it last me a couple of months in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I just started wearing a separate sun screen. I've always avoided it because sometimes my moisturizers have SPF in them and sometimes I don't feel like putting extra things on my face... however, this product is great! It's literally is dry to the touch and doesn't make me feel greasy at all! GREAT price too... The tube will probably last me more than 4 months. TRY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Kikicat13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think it sort of works, there's no real way to tell. Yes I don't get sunburned but I also get really dry. I can feel the creepy silky dryness on my face the whole day. The worst part if that of course the only time i wear sunscreen is in the summer! Well when I sweat, the sunscreen turns kinda slimyish and I have to reapply it....ew...don't really like it...