September 18, 2014 | 1783 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by livs03

LOVE LOVE LOVE this gloss!! It feels so juicy and YUMMY on my lips. It shows up really well, it is a semi-sheer gloss with a hint of red. The texture is super thin which is why it shows up so glossy! Its great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

on my lips this shows up as a clear gloss. i've never experienced great moisturizing benefits from it, it tends to disappear shortly after i apply it. its a little too watery and thin for my liking. the formula & texture seems to differ greatly from the sugar cookie balm, i much prefer its thicker texture and staying power to this one. i despise the scents in all of the philosophy balms i've used. their scents are always overpowering and are somewhat of an annoyance for me, as they never seem to lessen or fade with time. i can't see myself even using the rest of the tube i have, its a safe bet i won't ever repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I didn't like this. The tint is nice, it actually does add color to my lips without overdoing it. (I don't like "tints" that basically look like lipstick.) But the consistency is very thin, watery and kind of oily. It's difficult to work with and feels unpleasant on the lips. It's so thin and goopy it's hard to apply this evenly. The scent is ok but the taste is nasty. I have to agree that the tint of this is very similar to the Dr. Pepper lipsmacker.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Rita4130

I had this in the pot and I tossed it. It was way too runny and i normally don't mind dipping my finger in lip balms but this was just too much. the scent was horrible (just like the purity made simple facewash) and if it got in your tounge EW. disappointed and i wanted to like it too. i was thinking of trying it in a tube...i'm still not sure if i will.. although after the goop set into your lips it did leave them feeling VERY supple and kissable...i'm just not sure everything else is worth just that. maybe i would use too much? who knows.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jessicamo

looks and feels great on, but only last for a few minutes and smells like orange counter cleaner.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by shelby1123

I love the pot version even though i hated dipping my finger in the pot, and I can't say I love this as much. The consistency seems different and more watery, and I would have preferred if the application tip was slanted.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:18:00 AM More reviews by day_sie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I expected too much from this, but I got really disappointed. It is too greasy and the color does not come out well. Expensive for lip balm. Will never set eyes on it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2005 10:01:00 PM More reviews by watch

this is pretty awesome. the texture is really nice and melty...like rosebud salve, but thicker. i took one lip off because the red is too light and sheer. it's more a dark pink, but it's still really pretty. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by hillie77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I marked this down because I hate pot balms, but love pretty much everything else. It leaves my lips looking very full, very soft, and nicely colored. The taste and smell bothered me at first, a little, but not enough to stop using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by staratdusk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this. Ironically, this is one of the worst-tasting lip balms I've tried, definitely NOT conducive to kisses from a boyfriend. I like the packaging (no dipping your dirty digits into a pot), and the emollient texture (I don't like waxy lip products), but the red color is misleading. If you already have highly pigmented lips and just want a clear shine, and don't mind the highly chemical taste, then you can use this, but otherwise no. Only if LORAC made their Luscious lipgloss in a tube!