September 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mibbu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this feria hair color, it ruined my hair so bad, I tried warm black, the color at the box looked gorgeous black super shiny but when I tried, the hair on my head turned brown[I naturally have dark brown so It kinda turned brown] and the rest of the hair on my shoulder were black which are no more black as the color has faded and the brown is still there on my head, I look so weird having two toned here, I dont know if I have done something wrong or this product is a complete disaster.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by taropuff

I've been using Feria (Pure Diamond #100) since it first came out and I love love love it! I have saved thousands of dollars coloring my own hair, and if I am really diligent about using color-protecting shampoo, the color stays fresh and light. I color my naturally mousy brown hair every 4-7 weeks. It takes about 5 minutes to apply, and then I just do some cleaning up or tidying up for the 25 minutes it has to stay in. Perfect results, every time, and I've been asked many times where I go to get such great color. People usually can't believe I do it myself. Great product!! Oh, and the conditioner that comes in the box is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kieraleerose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used the reds from feria. The red colour was gorgeous (I used Pure scarlett) But other than that i'm not entirely impressed to be honest. I mean all these brands talk about how they DON'T fade and how it stays the same for weeks on end. It's a load of rubbish. I limited to washing my hair once a week (disgusting i know) just so i could keep the colour longer. turns out it faded to a dingy coppery brown after just 3 washes! my roots stayed nice and red but as for the rest of my hair it was just a horrible copper colour with no red at all. I wouldn't recommend or use this product again, I'm just thinking of giving up with bright colours and going back to my natural colour! all hair dyes are the same in the end.

and as for the "pure scarlet" shade it turned out very dark and only looked red under light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Feria is my favorite boxed hair dye, though their shades aren't as edgy as they were a few years ago. I like the creamy consistency of the solution itself as well as the essential oil packet. The conditioner that comes with Feria is AMAZING. I use professional dye now that I purchase at Sally's, but if I need something quick I'll use Feria.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Viiictoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Feria uses metallic deposit color in their reds which PERMANENTLY bond to your hair. I've been using a feria red for a year now and the color always looks great for a couple weeks, but after that not so much. Anyway, I wanted to go blonde this summer so I did a little research.

Apparently, these metallic dyes that feria uses are the spawn of Satan in the haircare world. Going lighter is impossible after you use such dye. Any sort of lightener or bleach you put over a metallic dye will cause a chemical reaction, causing your hair to MELT OFF. No joke ladies the only way to get this shit off is to cut it off. DO NOT USE. Professionals will all laugh you out the door when you come around saying you want it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used Feria in a myriad of shades. Copper Shimmer 74 used to be my favorite, but since I went back to my natural color I realize they have expensive product for little payoff... I used T53 twice in a row (medium ash brown) and the color faded in less than 2 weeks between my use of clarifying shampoo and regular shampoo (no more than twice a week overall). I switched to Garnier Nutrisse #51 (Medium Ash brown) and the color has held much longer so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used Feria's Havana Brown (medium natural brown) on my light brown hair, hoping to darken it a bit and cover up some brassiness. The color came out much darker than the results on the box, which my hair always, always seems to do - one of these days I'll learn to choose a shade lighter than what I want. I'll never buy Feria again, though. My hair feels extremely dry and damaged, and has none of the "shimmering" effect they promise - it actually looks really flat ad dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by LegacyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the midnight ruby color. Application was easy, but yes it smells just like any other hair dye. The color is fantastic, it came out just like the box. It is a little drying but the way to fix this is to use the conditioner that comes with the color. What I did was wash my hair 3 days after color, used a generous amount of the conditioner, and then wrapped my hair up and left it for 3-4 hours. My hair was back to its beautiful, silky smoothness after this. I will buy this color again and will just baby my hair. The little bit of dryness was worth it for the perfect color. It would get a 5 if they could fix the drying part.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Well, it's been four weeks and my roots have lightened a bit so it's time for more color. My hair isn't as ravaged as I initially thought, so I bumpbed this up from 2 - 3 lippies. It's on sale at CVS this week, so I might just repurchase a color in the Black family...

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Purchased Midnight Collection - Violet Soft Black (M32) which claims to be warmer. I fail to see how a Violet color can be warm and wanted to see how the purple tones would go with my cool complexion. My starting color was very dark brown with some lighter spots here and there due to incomplete coverage from my last dye job. Got two boxes (BOGO 50% off) to get full coverage for my just-below-shoulders length hair.

Application was easy. The gloves were better than those cut-out plastic ones some cheaper kits have, but they were all stretched out around the wrists. Kit comes with a little "Shimmer serum" packet to be added to the developer/color mix before applying. Gimmicky.

I could tell this was wrecking my hair as I applied it, it started to get tangly and mushy kind of. I used about half of the second box to get complete squish coverage (the first box did all my roots and about a quarter of my length, the second box was def necessary)

I set my timer for 30 mins and the color that was around my hairline/part was bright, bright red. I was nervous the color WOULD be super warm and look odd on me (like wanting Violet hair was ever gonna be natural anyways)

Rinsed for a good long time in the tub and still the water never ran clear (was pinkish). My hair felt like straw and was quite tangled. The conditioner was pasty and did not absorb well, I used almost all of the long tube to get coverage, and ended up slathering Dove on anyways, because it was doing NOTHING to detangle.

I was really concerned I'd fried my hair, so as soon as I got out of the tub, I put a a ton of Wen Deep Conditioning treatment all over my head, put it in a loose braid, wrapped it in plastic wrap and a towel and went to sleep with my fingers crossed.

Rinsed the conditioner this morning, my hair felt *better* but not good... i followed with Suave conditioner and then hopped out... water never ran clean - still pink. My hair stained my towel pink, too. So much pink! No stains on my skin, thank goodness.

My hair feels rough, and I can't run my fingers through it, like I habitually do. As it has air dryed, I see that the color result is very close to what the box depicted. However, it's my guess that, just given the fact that pink sontinued to run from my hair after shower #2, this color is going to fade quickly. I like my result, colorwise, but it was not worth the ravaging this dye gave my hair.

The box promises Shimmering Colour with 3X the Highlights. My hair is not shiny, its frizzy (as a result, not a normal state for my hair), so I can't tell if it's multi-tonal or not...I'm scared to try and straighten it, lest I fry it into mush... so I'll just continue babying it/giving conditioning treatments for the time being...

The poor quality conditioner in this kit is reason enough for me not to repurchase - the conditioner in at home hair color kits is usually the icing on the cake, making hair silky and smooth and oh so manageable. I found this one to be completely worthless. Adding in that the color seemed to dry out/straw spin my hair more than others usually do and this is a dud. Which is a shame because I have not seen another "Violet Black" out there... maybe it's time to try henna....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_CA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried all L'Oreal hair color products now; Excellence, Preference, and Feria. I'm so disappointed in Feria. It's the most expensive of the three, and has a great variety of color selections. You would think with this type of investment, the company would make this their gold standard product. Not for my hair. My hair is fine and oily, and it takes a LOT to make it dry and dull. Feria did a great job of that. Even with the deep conditioner that comes with it, my hair was like straw after coloring. The color was so flat and dull (I tried two colors at different times, three months apart--first, Bronze Shimmer and Tortoiseshell Brown). The applicator was good. It had an extra-long tip which helped to part my long hair well. But other than that, nothing good about this product for me. I'm very disappointed and will go back to Preference. The only reason I strayed in the first place was the wide variety of color selections Feria offered and curiousity. Lesson learned.