July 24, 2014 | 1029 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I have it in the tinted lotion Medium Natural Tan. It does not streak [when blended well] and it is not orangey but a good looking tan! Only thing I hate is those damn sparkles. Whoever's idea was to add sparkles to this formula needs to be slapped! I noticed the sparkles on my arm after application and walking outside. I looked worse than a teeny bopper on prom night!

Other than the sparkles, I like the fact that it tints at first because it shows where its been applied to already and helps me to blend it well. I blend using gloves because the first time I used it and blended without gloves the stuff did not wash well from my hands and i had DARK palms. Gloves recommended during application. Plus it dries fairly fast so I dont have to wait long to dress and go about my business. Overall, highly recommended!

I havent used the towelettes version that I heard is out there but Im thinking about them for use on my face... we'll see

UPDATE: 6/7/10 So its been a couple weeks since i first started using this lotion tanner and I have to agree with another reviewer that it fades HORRIBLY! It fades very freckly and its embarrassing to wear a shoulder bearing shirt since its where the freckling is more noticeable. I'm not sure whether to put more on to hide the fading freckle look or just wait it out and let it fade off by itself. Point is that its good when you first have it on but once it starts to fade... good luck with that freckle look

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cupcakepink

this product was terrible for me! it was too runny, streaky and the color was awful. it just looked like i had rolled around in mud, looked a bit too orange also.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bebejlovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hated this product. The only positive comment I can give it is on the consistency. It felt very moisturizing. I'm an avid self tanner. My HG product is Banana Boat Summer Color lotion in fair/medium. I purchased this product because I could not find the Banana Boat anywhere in my area. This lotion turned me orange. Not as orange as Neutrogena micromist but not a REAL color at all. It also has a lot of glitter. This product is also $3 more than Banana Boat. Thankfully I have three back up Banana Boat's coming in the mail.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cindyvang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried several self tanners and none of them have worked out well for me so I decided to give this a try. I liked how fast I got tanned from using this product ( I hate gradual self tanners). First couple of days, I loved it! I thought I had found the perfect self tanner...until I walked outside. OMG it was super shimmery/glittery!!! I don't like to be all shimmery. That's one thing I didn't like about it, After a few days of using it and getting the tanned look, I decided to not apply for a few days just to see how long it lasts. A few days later (2-3 days later), I noticed blotchy darker tanned patches on my legs. It did not blend in with the rest of my tanned legs. It was ugly!!! So I decided not to use it any more and just let the tan go away and start fresh with another product. I used this product for about a week to a week and a half before I stopped using it. The smell is not bad at all but it does stain my sheets, bras and towels. I do like how fast the tan develops though. Over all, this product was just ok. It's not the worst but it is one that I do kind of like out of all the self tanners I've used. Sadly I will not repurchase because I do not like how shimmery it is and the fact that it stains my sheets, bras, and towels.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by aggiecasi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the most natural self tanner I've used... I have warm/golden yellowy undertones and it doesn't make me orangy at all. It's potent, so I apply it after a shower or add a bit of lotion to it first.

I've also used to Sublime Bronze with instant color, but it has so much sparkle I feel like a dancer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by starkssb

I am really liking this stuff. I have fair-medium skin and tan easily. I havent been to the beds in a while so my natural color is back, I bought this cause it was on sale thinking why not? I was surprised that i like it. I exfoliate with a puff in the shower,shave then apply this immediatly after toweling off,sometimes mixed with moisturizer. no streaks just good natural color on my legs and arms. now i need some for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by iluvfaketan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the sublime bronze one day tinted gel when my normal tan starts to fade on my face and neck.It gives me great results everytime and i would'nt be without it.
I apply it lightly over my moisturiser so it does'nt streak with a makeup sponge or with my finger tips.But be careful not to put it on too thickly as it will look unatural and muddy looking.
And the good thing is you can simply wash it off at the end of the day and start afresh the next.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Dizzyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Came across this product accidentally. Ran out of tan and it was the only tan available in the only open pharmacy! I am usually a disaster when it comes to tans of any kind. I am extremely fair and had grown accustomed to the fact that no tan would ever suit me. I normally resemble an oompa loompa on a night out...until now. I found it extremely easy to apply this tan with a disposable latex glove. I thought that it was a regular instant tan with a little shimmer and was worried that it might be destroyed like some others if someone spilled a drink on me. However, it dried quickly and left a light tan. I woke up the next morning and I couldn't believe how dark the tan had become. It was actually the best tan I ever put on. No streaks, which is so unusual for me. I didn't find a smell even though a friend of mine had warned me that it would develop and be pretty awful. I would definitely recommend this to any novice tanner. I will be buying again! Love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by selkie67

I have been self-tanning for years, and I can think of only a time or two I've gotten splotches...until now. This stuff streaks. I think it's because it dries so quickly. This is great in a way, because it doesn't rub off on your clothes. In another way, it's not so great, because you have to work fast to get it on evenly. This tanner is not very forgiving of mistakes. If you do get a streak, you will wear it for at least 3 days, because it won't come off.

It's not for dry skin; it's the most drying self-tanner I've used.

It's glittery--not shimmery, not glowy. It has big metallic sparkles. This is sort of fun, just not on older skin with wrinkles. You can get rid of the glitter by applying lotion or moisturizer over the self-tanner, though.

The lotion has an orangy tint, which worried me a bit, but it didn't turn me orange. It's still a little too golden for a cool-skinned person like me, though.

And finally, I don't know if I got a bad tube or what, but the top snapped off and won't stay on.

There's got to be something better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sacs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this product i have only tried a few other self tanners and this one is the best one layer is a subtle sun kissed look and two layers made me look as if i went on vacation. i enjoy this over most because it starts out a brown color instead of a white cream this helps because you can see the areas you need to rub in more after appling i wipe the the usual problem areas with a dry paper towel and so far it has been flawlless

** for those of you complaining about how it looks on your face its not meant for face they have a separate bottle for face that contains no sparkles! (luckily i got it in a special three pack face, body and scrub so i never tried the regular stuff on my face) will definatly buy again i havent run out yet but ive already been scanning drug stores so ill know where to repurchase

love it