August 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up on sale with little expectations. Surprisingly I quite like this mascara as I was able to achieve a nice natural day time look with two coats.
It added small to medium amount of volume (nothing too shocking or over the top, despite it's name) and definitely lengthened my lashes without clumping, but the results I achieved reminded me a lot of the Full & Soft mascara by Maybelline. The only difference is the brush. Volum Express's bristles are less dense and compact compared to Full & Soft.
The mascara wore well through out the day with no smudging, flaking, or that dreaded drooping lashes effect. Overall not a bad product for a natural day time look. Would only purchase this again if I ran out of Full & Soft and/or this was on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this mascara when I was in middle school so when I saw it on sale in cvs I said why not try it again after all this time. Well being that I was so young I didn't know that this mascara sucks! Its really wet like the loreal voluminous, but it barely gives you volume, and doesn't lengthen at all!!! This would be a good mascara for a young girl just starting out with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Butterfly008

Ultimately one of the best mascaras for me. I've tried quite a lot over the years, from Diorshow, Clinique, Chanel... I always seem to come back to this. It's also THE mascara that has gotten me compliments - I've been asked more than once whether or not my eyelashes were real. This adds drama and intensity, and volume is easily buildable. This, and the 2000 Calories mascara from Max Factor work like a charm for me... Lashes are fuller, longer, more seperated and intensely black.
Only downside is that some of the ones I got dry out rather quickly which results in clumpy lashes after a lot of use... But for the price and quality comparison, this is great. I do think mascara is very personal since everybody has different kinds of lashes, but for me this is superb. Drama anyone? :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

another underwhelming buy. The formula is a nice jet black color, but this mascara is clump city for me. The brush does not do a good job at defining lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by scriibblez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its an alright mascara, didn't do anything extraordinary. It does give volume, but it gets pretty clumpy. Doesn't last too long either because it dries out fast and clumps so much you don't wanna use it. I like the packaging tho.. I love fat mascaras lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I would try this stuff again since it was my beloved mascara
From highschool. No wonder I used it in highschool, I never experienced
good mascara before..this stuff is so wet and dries slow. Weighs down
Your eyelashes and doesn't hold a curl. I just think it really sucks, it makes
My eyelashes look like they're really wet and droopy. No volume
No thickening
No length
Just gross gross lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SSacrebleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I remember this mascara from earlier and it was very great for that price, so, when my financial stuff was low, I decided to buy this one instead of the one I wanted - Guerlain'a Le 2.
It appeared that this mascara isn't the same I used earlier (I took it from my mum), I have 5x.
I like that this mascara keeps lashes soft- not in plasticky effect most of new mascaras produce. They maybe are light, I prefer 'heavy'.
Things that I don't like are:
1. It takes a time and lashes to get rid of it. When you wash it away using hot water (that's what I prefer, because cleansers often get into my eyes and it feels really uncomfortable then) it's sticky and unpleasant and sticks to fingers. This really is my dislike in general.
2. Not much of effect at all. I use as a 'base coat' Dior's Diorshow Black Out and this one on top for promised result.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Kirikireii

I have the curl one.

It does NOTHING for length.
A bit for volume, but it can be very clumpy.
Very difficult to get at the inner corners of my eyes.

Doesn't work too well for Asian-y eyes, in my opinion.
It's alright, I still use it, I just don't think it works wonders for me, I'd have to pair this with a lengthening mascara too.

It doesn't really hold a curl either.
Won't buy again.

I think it smudges a bit too.
It just might be me though, maybe if I tried it again it'll look better. I might update this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by xPaperdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are 3 different types of this product so I don't know which one everyone is reviewing. There is 3x, 5x, and 7x.

3x is the one that first came out. I liked it at the time, but since trying 5x and 7x, it doesn't volumize enough for me. I tried 3x again recently (because it is the only one of these mascaras to still offer a curved brush) but I hated it.

5x is the highest available in Japan, so when I am there it is what I buy. In Japan they still carry the 5x non-waterproof curved brush, but in the US the only curved brush that comes in 5x is waterproof; I want a curved brush but don't wear waterproof mascara so I was bummed when they discontinued the curved brush for 5x non-waterproof in the states. Basically, the one I buy in Japan is my favorite.

7x doesn't come with a curved brush period, but this is what I buy when I am in the States. I don't like it as much as 5x but I can only ever find 5x in Waterproof, even if I consider settling for a straight brush. 7x is nice but very clumpy. You will get a TON of volume in 1-2 coats, but since it doesn't com with a curved brush you will have to curl your lashes first, and you will have to separate your lashes with either an eyelash comb or a smaller mascara brush after application. It's a lot of work but I have not yet found any other mascara to give this much volume.

None of these mascaras give any added length if you already have long eyelashes. It gives little brittle pieces at the end of your lashes but I just pluck those off as it looks chalky and stiff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

you will not get dramatic lashes with product ....
i think this is a GREAT every day mascara for work and school ..
my lashes were tastfully darker and bit longer
ive gone through a few tubes so far