April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I love this toner! It's very refreshing and is great for removing excess dirt and makeup that washing missed. Plus it doubles as an eye makeup remover, so that's a definite plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by damakeupaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugghhhh nothing about this product works for my skin. It's a no go for me. It was drying and my skin type is normal so all I was looking for was something not terrible. NO

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence with this product. I kind've used it on its own in the morning when I was using a harsher scrub wash at night for a while, and as a second step after the fresh foaming cleanser for a while, and now that it's almost empty it kind of just sits.

It does a good job of taking away any residue left behind after cleansing, but I'm not sure - and I always have this problem with toners - that it actually does anything. It's not drying like most toners, which is nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tdang

I thought I give this a try because it was alcohol free and cheaper then the Shiseido toner I've been using. Well bad idea! I started getting dry patches of skin around my mouth and on the side of my temples. The only plus is that it was able to remove any traces of makeup I have left after cleansing (then again so did my last one) but STILL, skip this toner all together if you have dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this toner! Helps keep my oily T-Zone in check, yet doesn't dry out the rest of my face and leaves it feeling fresh and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by swc868

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have normal/combination skin type. This toner does not dry out my skin like most other on-shelf brands. Left skin clean, refreshed and supple. Slightly scented, nice smell. Suitable for all seasons. I wouldn't advise on spending too much of one's skincare budget on toner, since its main function is to clean out any residue that didn't get cleansed in the wash, and prepare the skin with the right pH for subsequent skincare procedures (so make sure you use it along with a cotton pad, in order to carry off the residue, instead of simply patting it on with your hands). Save the job of whitening, pore tightening, moisturizing, etc. for serums and moisturizers; you would get a better investment this way. I have used other toners by expensive brands such as Lancome, Avene, Vichy, Shiseido Seikisho, etc., and this Neutrogena toner works just as nice. Great price for such a quality product! A definite staple in my skincare regime.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I've only been using this for about a week until I bought my Purity by Philosophy cleanser which already tones, but that's beside the point. This toner has an interesting smell which might bother most people.. but I'd much rather use my previous Loreal toner than this one. This doesn't refresh as well and it feels as though there's a film over my face. I think it made me break out too, but it was too soon to tell. Nay to Neutrogena products in general in my opinion. Wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by anewcuckoo

I bought this along with Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming face wash to help aid in the acne and clogged pores I was getting from using Cetaphil's face wash w/ witch hazel toner after. And this combined with the face wash totally helped clear up my skin. It has become a stable. I use this every night after I wash my face, it feels like it helps remove any residue left behind from the face wash and it puts moisture back into my skin. I then apply Neutrogena's anti-wrinkle night cream that I just love! When i wake up I have great skin! In the morning, I splash my face with water, pat dry, and then use the toner. This routine has helped me with breakouts. I still do get the occassional zit. But they dont stick around for too long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I like to buy makeup and skincare at the drugstore because I hate having to go to the mall when I ran out of stuff. Drugstores are everywhere and convenient and besides,they are cheaper. 10 years ago I would never buy makeup and skincare at the drugstores because quality isn't as good as it is now. Some of the products in drugstores now are actually better than department store brand minus the fancy packaging.

Anyway, I like this toner. I paid about $8 at walgreens and it's the only toner I buy at the drugstore because it doesn't leave my skin dry and red after using. I've tried all toners at the drugstore because there aren't that many. This one doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the skin and it dries fairly quick in the winter time when the air is drier. In the summer, I have to wait a little longer. I like the clean scent the comes with it. I like how my moisturizer absorbs quicker when I use this toner. For the price, I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been a wonderful toner for me through and through. I have annoyingly sensitive skin that does not get irritated with the use of this. It takes a little longer to dry than most toners but well worth it for me.