December 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have somewhat bad circles, emphasized by the old-lady bags I'm starting to get. I went on a concealer mission and Time Balm was on my list. The price is decent for a non-d/s brand, and the formula is neither too greasy nor too dry. (For reference, I'm NW15 and Light was a good match.) The screw-top packaging is cheap, but compact. However, despite all my application tricks, this settled right into my lines and took a nice nap. Worse, it created new lines. (Insert sad face.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this about 3 months ago, I'm not too much of a fan of it because I don't think it hides enough to be a concealer.

To be honest, I don't have a lot to cover at the moment but it didn't do much for me.

It is creamy, must dab into areas before blending because the first area you apply to is gonna continue to have that first touch mark. It's a little hard to blend out.

For $18, I think you can get a better concealer that actually conceals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LIKES: creamy, opaque, not too rich so that it is unblendable, relatively good staying power (my face gets oily around mid day and it is still there but disappears at end of day)

DISLIKES: does NOT work well for dry skin in my experience - i lay off this in the winter because the consistency just accentuates dry areas, the cap is inconvenient, can settle into fine lines and doesn't have any moisturizing quality, the sponge is kind of useless as i don't want to put it back in after i use it, no anti-wrinkle properties that i can tell...

I see how people compare this to MAC studio finish. I have both and don't particularly prefer one to the other. They are both decent concealers but a little too rich for under eye and dryer skin (I have combo skin). I am shade NC35 in Studio Finish and I got Medium which is a pretty close match but less yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Don't understand the raves about this here. Does nothing for me. It looks pigmented does not cover my very dark circles. Does not even brighten the area. Bought the shade Light, a little too dark for me. But dare not try lighter than light, Coz it looks white when I applied it on my hand. And so the search for HG concealer continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know at some point in my life, I considered this product to be HG. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not a stickler for makeup hygiene in that I don't consider tubs of makeup to be inherently evil, but WOW this product attracts dirt. I always apply concealer with a finger to warm it up and if I have even the tiniest clothing fiber on my finger it gets trapped in the sticky pot. Not only that, if while I'm wearing it I encounter even a tiny speck of dust it will also stick to my eye. This stuff is so, so sticky. So sticky it transcends creaminess.

It also has cheap and unwieldy packaging and mediocre staying powder (it sinks into the skin but floats to the top after an hour). If you're like me and have seriously purple dark circles, I'd recommend a similar but superior product, Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised to not see more good reviews for this! I use it mainly for dark under-eye circles. it only takes a little bit as it is highly pigmented, matches my skin, creases less than any other similar product I have used, isn't greasy, and completely hides this problem I have with the dark circles in a way that looks totally natural. I discarded the useless little sponge and just use my finger and pat it under the inner half of my dark circles until it looks seamless. Applying it to the outer half, well, any product will settle into fine lines if you do that, if you're getting older like me try just applying concealer to the inner half and just patting it out until the circles are gone - avoid the outer eye area. A fine dusting of powder sets it all day, and it does last all day on me. Less is more with this product. I will continue to purchase, but this little pot will last me a long time. for blemishes and other discolorations I use the UD wonder brush to lightly dab it then I pat with my fingertips until it's seamless as well. I have experienced no caking, greasiness, or other negative issues with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is good, very creamy and pigmented. A little goes a long way and it's easy to blend. It's nothing super special and apparently there is treatment in it for fine lines and darkness? I didn't use it long enough to see those results. All in all, it's just an ok concealor. I used mid-medium.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was recommanded by a very friendly SA from Sephora. I was gonna get the makeup forever palatte but after she tried this on me, I decided to get it. The texture is nice, not too greesy or dry. I used to use Benefit's Boing and found it to be a bit too oily sometimes. Although it is quite light, the coverage is really nice. I got the fair/medium one and the color suits me nicely. At first I thought it might be too light but it blends in really well.

The only thing that I do not like that much is the package, especially the tiny sponge that comes with it. I have no use of it as I use my finger tip and a brush to apply it. I always have a hard time trying to pick it out of the jar every time and it gets pretty annoying. Since I used to use the old version boing, that product is packed inside a sleek black case with a small mirror for application. Boing is not like that anymore, so aside from the sponge thing, everything is good.

Update: Still using this and I use the sponge to blend after pat it on with my fingers. I realized the product might settle in my smile lines after a while although it is not too noticable. But still, it annoys me when i look at myself in the mirror a few hours after the application.

Also, the color now seems a bit too dark and yellowish on me. I would like to think that is because my skin is lighter now. It still does a good job on my under eye dark circles but on my face, especially on my cheeks, I have to apply really lightly and blend a lot. Otherwise, it will look yellowish on me. This is more of a color match problem than a problem with the product itself though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

This was recommended to me by a one of the girls at my nearest Sephora store, and I'm thankful for her recommendation! It really covers the dark circles under my eyes, and it covers my acne scars well, as long as I remember to set it with some powder after application. The shade that I bought (light/medium) seemed a bit light against my skin at first, but I found that it really blends well when I used some powder to set it.

However good it is with covering dark circles, it does not cover raised blemishes/ active break-outs very well. I am acne-prone, and I have to use another concealer altogether because when I apply Time Balm to those kinds of ance, it sort of creates a ring where it only covers the raised spot, leaving the other red parts of the blemish uncovered.

I bought this about a month and a half to two months ago, and I use it everyday, but it looks like I've barely used the product! You really only need a tiny amount. The packaging leaves much to be desired, but I would totally buy this again because of its staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

i have been using this for over a year. Its an excellent concealer for under eye circles. I am NC20 and light/medium works perfectly for me. I apply and pat.. and a minute later it has seemlessly melted into my skin. Its a simple and easy container. Lasts a long time, there's actually quite a bit of product (7.5g/0.26oz) for the price.