September 3, 2014 | 1159 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was recommanded by a very friendly SA from Sephora. I was gonna get the makeup forever palatte but after she tried this on me, I decided to get it. The texture is nice, not too greesy or dry. I used to use Benefit's Boing and found it to be a bit too oily sometimes. Although it is quite light, the coverage is really nice. I got the fair/medium one and the color suits me nicely. At first I thought it might be too light but it blends in really well.

The only thing that I do not like that much is the package, especially the tiny sponge that comes with it. I have no use of it as I use my finger tip and a brush to apply it. I always have a hard time trying to pick it out of the jar every time and it gets pretty annoying. Since I used to use the old version boing, that product is packed inside a sleek black case with a small mirror for application. Boing is not like that anymore, so aside from the sponge thing, everything is good.

Update: Still using this and I use the sponge to blend after pat it on with my fingers. I realized the product might settle in my smile lines after a while although it is not too noticable. But still, it annoys me when i look at myself in the mirror a few hours after the application.

Also, the color now seems a bit too dark and yellowish on me. I would like to think that is because my skin is lighter now. It still does a good job on my under eye dark circles but on my face, especially on my cheeks, I have to apply really lightly and blend a lot. Otherwise, it will look yellowish on me. This is more of a color match problem than a problem with the product itself though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

This was recommended to me by a one of the girls at my nearest Sephora store, and I'm thankful for her recommendation! It really covers the dark circles under my eyes, and it covers my acne scars well, as long as I remember to set it with some powder after application. The shade that I bought (light/medium) seemed a bit light against my skin at first, but I found that it really blends well when I used some powder to set it.

However good it is with covering dark circles, it does not cover raised blemishes/ active break-outs very well. I am acne-prone, and I have to use another concealer altogether because when I apply Time Balm to those kinds of ance, it sort of creates a ring where it only covers the raised spot, leaving the other red parts of the blemish uncovered.

I bought this about a month and a half to two months ago, and I use it everyday, but it looks like I've barely used the product! You really only need a tiny amount. The packaging leaves much to be desired, but I would totally buy this again because of its staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

i have been using this for over a year. Its an excellent concealer for under eye circles. I am NC20 and light/medium works perfectly for me. I apply and pat.. and a minute later it has seemlessly melted into my skin. Its a simple and easy container. Lasts a long time, there's actually quite a bit of product (7.5g/0.26oz) for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best concealer I have ever tried, awesome, creamy,great consintency, lasts all day and it looks natural on your skin. I hope they never discontinue this because I love it! Great job TheBalm!! Thank you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lovetotest

I'm a NC20-NC25 in MAC. Initally I bought this concealer in light and surprisingly it didn't do much for me. I took it back and went one shade lighter in light-medium. I was so happy I gave this concealer another chance. It goes on well and hides my very dark under circles. Much better than any other concealer I have tried. It stays on pretty much all day and does not crease into my lines. I use Benefits Powderflage to set the concealer. I recommend everyone who has very dark circles to give this concealer a try. It didn't do anything for my face, but for under eyes its perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by omfgxstephhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worst concealer ever.

settles my fine lines
creases
cakey

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally really disliked this product. It comes in a tiny plastic container with a screw on lid. It also comes with a thin pad that is supposed to use for application. I used the pad a few times but ended up tossing it because it really didn't do much. Anyway, I felt like this concealer made my blemishes stand out more and looked caked on. I stopped using this product, which was recommenced to me by a Sephora employee who had a lot of blemishes. Months passed and my acne entirely cleared up (I had acne for about 5 years or so). Now that my acne is gone, all I have to deal with is the after math of it all- scars. On a whim, I saw this tiny container nestled in the corner of my makeup drawer and decided to use it. And now I completely love this! I've used it for a while now and I've barely made a dent! It looks natural on me after blending it into my skin and over my light foundation/tinted moisturizer. It also lasts a while too. I come home for school ( about 7 hours) and can see that my scars are still covered, albeit not as covered as when I leave the house in the mornings. For reference, I'm about NC20 and light/medium in this concealer. Hope this helped! :)
EDIT: I've passed my little infatuation with this and have now found a new love! This is still a great product, but I find that this work very well with my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by karencarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this concealer is great for covering under eye circles and doesn't make my skin feel/look dry! i love that it is easy to apply/blend. however, i do not use this product for covering any blemishes on my face because i use a different concealer for that. overall, this concealer is great. it does not crease, its cheap, it REALLY works. PLUS, you can even use it during your bedtime which i don't think is necessary but i really like using it before i go to sleep--NO HARM DONE. it says it has vitamin E and other stuff that can prevent wrinkles so why not give it a try. i have this on Light and Light-Medium i am NC30 on mac and both (individually) works well. love this on my dark circles! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a decent concealer. I don't like the package one bit, and it is not good for dry skin or for concealing an area with any hint of dryness. It is nicely pigmented and good for under eye circles, but you have to use a moisturizer or eye cream underneath. I used Lighter than Light, and it was a decent match, though it was a little orange-leaning for my fair skin. All in all, it's not a bad concealer, but there are many better ones out there IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very good coverage.

CONS: This runs on my oily eyes if I don't use a powder suitable for eyes to set it.