Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 7/18/2010 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Got the freebie sized pot which immediately fell apart upon using. I don't consider this much of a bronzer as much as a contour, as it is not a warm golden tone so much as a brick-brown. It is a bit too reddish for a natural look and an awkward blend of a matte with some shimmer particles. Also unimpressed with the quality of the powder and application- it seemed like the kind of cheap product that comes in the huge value packs of powder eyeshadow. I throw it in my purse if i really need a bit of color, as its somewhat subtle, but I wouldn't buy this product.

on 7/13/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

HG bronzer. I use this in the "soft matte bronzer" color and it's wonderful on my NC30 skin. Never orange, just a wonderful sunkissed look. I toss the brush that comes with it, eventhough it's nice quality, because I prefer to apply it with a kabuki-style brush. I leave the plastic in however to keep moisture out.
The compact is pretty and comes with a mirror inside. It's priced at around $30, so not terrible. I buy it during GWP time.

on 5/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Hands down the best bronzer I have ever used.... perfect on my NC30-35 skin regardless of season ... natural color... shimmer factor so subtle it's worth twice the price.

I've tried MAC, Chanel, Dior, WnW, Physician's Formula, NARS, etc. ... I keep returning to EL BG for the color, quality and longevity.

on 5/26/2010 6:30:00 PM

I may upgrade this to a 5 next winter, when I suspect it will flatter me more. I'm a NC30 in summer, NC27 in winter, and right now this looks quite pretty on me but is a bit too subtle. Now that's okay for daytime - I'd rather have my bronzer disappear than look like an Oompa Loompa in the wrong light. This still gives a nice light bronzed-apricot hint to my cheekbones. But it doesn't have the chops of my other favorite summer bronzers (Smashbox Suntan Matte, NARS Laguna and Irresistiblement) so it's staying a 4 for now.

on 4/28/2010 11:14:00 AM

The matte formula is my HG bronzer! I went to Mac to ask them if they had a dupe of this & she picked out refined golden. It is nothing even close to Estee Lauder's bronze goddess... it gives me the most pretty glow ever.

As for the shimmer version- I don't like my bronzer with shimmer. I feel as if the color isn't as dark as the matte version. It's more orange instead of a deep bronze...

on 4/26/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for Bronze Goddess in Soft Shimmer...

First, the packaging is amazing, sturdy and so pretty and the half fan brush is actually usable. I swoosh it across the pan with one side of the brush, then the other side and apply to my cheeks and nose, works for me! If I want an all-over lighter look, I'll use my big Prescriptives powder brush. I was surprised how big this product really was when I saw it. I will be using this for a long while and really worth the price. The shimmer is very slight, but oh so beautiful. No muddy, dirty look, and does not change colors on my skin later in the day. Its wonderful used with the Bronze Goddess Exotic Blush also. I was using Dr. Hauschka, but the clasp on the compact busted (they have the worst packaging) and therefore wouldn't stay closed, and that was from normal everyday use, no in the purse abuse, so no way was I going to buy from them again. I decided to look at Estee Lauder and I am much happier all around. This bronzer is great on my fair skin, does not break me out or cause red flare-ups. Just love this line!

on 4/8/2010 3:08:00 AM

I am not a big fan of bronzer and don't like spending $25 on such product BUT this is an exception!
I have yellowish skin undertone and I am mostly pale during winter months and this bronzer makes me glow without looking too fake/muddy.
It has a very sheen shimmer to it but doesn't really show up when applied to skin. The color range that EL has is very low but this one is just enough tint for my skintone.
Will I repurchase for $25 bronzer? yes because this product comes in a ginormous size that will last you 10yrs..lol ok maybe not 10yrs but I can imagine having it for at least 2 yrs.

on 4/7/2010 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer**. Such a waste of money. I am totally disappointed with this product. It has only one standard color, and it doesn't even show on my medium-dark complexion. I have to apply too much of it, which makes my face blotchy and itchy. It cakes on my skin as it's too powdery, and made my face (around my eyes) wrinkly, also my pores look bigger. It has zero staying power, you are lucky if you can keep it for 10 minutes on your face despite multiple layers of application. I switched to this bc I ran out of my beloved limited edition Guerlain Terracotta African Rhytm.
Edit: I have used it through summer and it turned out to be my every-day bronzer. Didn't irritate my super-sensitive skin and gave me a natural, understated tan. It is very subtle and I have to layer it like 3 times and contour with my Guerlain Terracotta to get a nice bronze glow on my olive skin. Single color choice is a down-side, could work better for those with fair skin, not for brunettes. Otherwise, it's a product of high quality. Friendly to sensitive/acne-prone skins as other EL products.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have been using this product for years and I LOOOVE IT! I would die without this. The color is so great on me adn look so natural. The bronzer itself does have a little bit of shimmer to it but you can;t see it at all when applied. If your looking for a bonzer you'll fall in love with and are willing to spend some money on it try this!

on 4/4/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I keep trying - and tossing - bronzers because I am pale with rosacea and the color always clashed with my natural skin tone. But THIS is the very first bronzer that blends in beautifully. Very soft, doesn't skip or blotch and comes witha great brush and huge compact. Plus the EL website has some great instructions on how to apply a bronzer - which was probably my mistake in the first place. Now I look like I have healthy color without shine and blotches!!

Popular Bronzers