September 1, 2014 | 1817 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lovelycee

I am not a big fan of bronzer and don't like spending $25 on such product BUT this is an exception!
I have yellowish skin undertone and I am mostly pale during winter months and this bronzer makes me glow without looking too fake/muddy.
It has a very sheen shimmer to it but doesn't really show up when applied to skin. The color range that EL has is very low but this one is just enough tint for my skintone.
Will I repurchase for $25 bronzer? yes because this product comes in a ginormous size that will last you 10yrs..lol ok maybe not 10yrs but I can imagine having it for at least 2 yrs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Rahsan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer**. Such a waste of money. I am totally disappointed with this product. It has only one standard color, and it doesn't even show on my medium-dark complexion. I have to apply too much of it, which makes my face blotchy and itchy. It cakes on my skin as it's too powdery, and made my face (around my eyes) wrinkly, also my pores look bigger. It has zero staying power, you are lucky if you can keep it for 10 minutes on your face despite multiple layers of application. I switched to this bc I ran out of my beloved limited edition Guerlain Terracotta African Rhytm.
Edit: I have used it through summer and it turned out to be my every-day bronzer. Didn't irritate my super-sensitive skin and gave me a natural, understated tan. It is very subtle and I have to layer it like 3 times and contour with my Guerlain Terracotta to get a nice bronze glow on my olive skin. Single color choice is a down-side, could work better for those with fair skin, not for brunettes. Otherwise, it's a product of high quality. Friendly to sensitive/acne-prone skins as other EL products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years and I LOOOVE IT! I would die without this. The color is so great on me adn look so natural. The bronzer itself does have a little bit of shimmer to it but you can;t see it at all when applied. If your looking for a bonzer you'll fall in love with and are willing to spend some money on it try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep trying - and tossing - bronzers because I am pale with rosacea and the color always clashed with my natural skin tone. But THIS is the very first bronzer that blends in beautifully. Very soft, doesn't skip or blotch and comes witha great brush and huge compact. Plus the EL website has some great instructions on how to apply a bronzer - which was probably my mistake in the first place. Now I look like I have healthy color without shine and blotches!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first bronzer ever :) I'm very happy with it, it gives you a nice subtle bronzey look

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this bronzer but ended up returning it after a few days. I guess I'm not much of a bronzer chick, I prefer bright spring-y shades (i.e., Bobbi Brown Peony)! Bronze Goddess Soft Matte creates a pretty, sunny tan that's definitely not orange-y or fake looking. It had no scent that I could detect and applied matte with somewhat of a sheer finish but that's a plus when applying bronzer. The pan is huge for the price, I think it's definitely worth it if bronzers are your thing!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thsi was the first bronzer I ever used. I bought this in 9th grade. BUT I must say, this is an awesome product that started my love of bronzers. It is a hugh compact that lasts a while and the freebee brush is actually GOOD!! I only wish this bronzer compact had a mirror.... but I LOVE this product and would definately continue to buy this for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Every woman needs this. The compact will last you a long time and you barely have to worry about touching it up throughout the day. I love this stuff! The color is great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer (:. Makes me look healthy and glowy !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very pale so I have always been afraid of bronzers but this one seems to be perfect for me. It isn't too dark or orange and it's very buildable. I have the soft matte one which came in a palette with rose wood and nude rose blush. I use it with the nude rose blush and it's very soft and natural looking.
Even though it says matte there is some sparkle in the pan. I don't see it when I apply it though so I don't really get why there is any. I'm only using this for contouring so I'm sure it will last quite a while but I will definitely repurchase because it's so hard to find bronzers that work for me.