November 26, 2014 | 1240 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for Bronze Goddess in Soft Shimmer...

First, the packaging is amazing, sturdy and so pretty and the half fan brush is actually usable. I swoosh it across the pan with one side of the brush, then the other side and apply to my cheeks and nose, works for me! If I want an all-over lighter look, I'll use my big Prescriptives powder brush. I was surprised how big this product really was when I saw it. I will be using this for a long while and really worth the price. The shimmer is very slight, but oh so beautiful. No muddy, dirty look, and does not change colors on my skin later in the day. Its wonderful used with the Bronze Goddess Exotic Blush also. I was using Dr. Hauschka, but the clasp on the compact busted (they have the worst packaging) and therefore wouldn't stay closed, and that was from normal everyday use, no in the purse abuse, so no way was I going to buy from them again. I decided to look at Estee Lauder and I am much happier all around. This bronzer is great on my fair skin, does not break me out or cause red flare-ups. Just love this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lovelycee

I am not a big fan of bronzer and don't like spending $25 on such product BUT this is an exception!
I have yellowish skin undertone and I am mostly pale during winter months and this bronzer makes me glow without looking too fake/muddy.
It has a very sheen shimmer to it but doesn't really show up when applied to skin. The color range that EL has is very low but this one is just enough tint for my skintone.
Will I repurchase for $25 bronzer? yes because this product comes in a ginormous size that will last you 10yrs..lol ok maybe not 10yrs but I can imagine having it for at least 2 yrs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Rahsan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer**. Such a waste of money. I am totally disappointed with this product. It has only one standard color, and it doesn't even show on my medium-dark complexion. I have to apply too much of it, which makes my face blotchy and itchy. It cakes on my skin as it's too powdery, and made my face (around my eyes) wrinkly, also my pores look bigger. It has zero staying power, you are lucky if you can keep it for 10 minutes on your face despite multiple layers of application. I switched to this bc I ran out of my beloved limited edition Guerlain Terracotta African Rhytm.
Edit: I have used it through summer and it turned out to be my every-day bronzer. Didn't irritate my super-sensitive skin and gave me a natural, understated tan. It is very subtle and I have to layer it like 3 times and contour with my Guerlain Terracotta to get a nice bronze glow on my olive skin. Single color choice is a down-side, could work better for those with fair skin, not for brunettes. Otherwise, it's a product of high quality. Friendly to sensitive/acne-prone skins as other EL products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years and I LOOOVE IT! I would die without this. The color is so great on me adn look so natural. The bronzer itself does have a little bit of shimmer to it but you can;t see it at all when applied. If your looking for a bonzer you'll fall in love with and are willing to spend some money on it try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep trying - and tossing - bronzers because I am pale with rosacea and the color always clashed with my natural skin tone. But THIS is the very first bronzer that blends in beautifully. Very soft, doesn't skip or blotch and comes witha great brush and huge compact. Plus the EL website has some great instructions on how to apply a bronzer - which was probably my mistake in the first place. Now I look like I have healthy color without shine and blotches!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first bronzer ever :) I'm very happy with it, it gives you a nice subtle bronzey look

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this bronzer but ended up returning it after a few days. I guess I'm not much of a bronzer chick, I prefer bright spring-y shades (i.e., Bobbi Brown Peony)! Bronze Goddess Soft Matte creates a pretty, sunny tan that's definitely not orange-y or fake looking. It had no scent that I could detect and applied matte with somewhat of a sheer finish but that's a plus when applying bronzer. The pan is huge for the price, I think it's definitely worth it if bronzers are your thing!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thsi was the first bronzer I ever used. I bought this in 9th grade. BUT I must say, this is an awesome product that started my love of bronzers. It is a hugh compact that lasts a while and the freebee brush is actually GOOD!! I only wish this bronzer compact had a mirror.... but I LOVE this product and would definately continue to buy this for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Every woman needs this. The compact will last you a long time and you barely have to worry about touching it up throughout the day. I love this stuff! The color is great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer (:. Makes me look healthy and glowy !