July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Body Butter - Guava

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by fancyface

Fantastic lotion, ridiculous price. Smells great- kind of "nutty" and warm smelling. Makes your skin so soft that it kind of slides off of everything, but not greasy. LOVE this- just think the price is outrageous. Have repurchased several times in spite of the price, which says something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittystar

I really like this product. Got the trio package from Whole Food. Though it's quite expensive, I use this as a hand lotion and find it very moisturizing; soaks right into my skin. It's not greasy and like the silky smooth feeling after using it. It smells great though I don't think it smells quite like Guava. Maybe because it has more sweetness to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

My overly sensitive skin is in love with this product. I work at Sephora and have tried everything from Bliss' body butters, Carol's Daughter Souffles', to Sephora's Super Body butter. Nothing is comparable to Korres' Guava Body Butter. Retailing at $21 for 5oz, and in a product saving pump this is the best thing hands down for dry skin. It's absorb quickly leaving now oily film and it's smell is divine and natural. Ask for a sample next time you see it and it will rock your world!
You can purchase them in a travel size for $8.50, pump container 5oz for $21 and Large squeeze bottle 8.5oz for $27.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a great lotion!! I love how it is super moisturizing and not greasy, and how the scent doesn't linger for hours. Some other lotions, like ones from Bath&Body Works, REEK rottenly 12 hours later. With this, however, the scent is mostly gone after it dries and you put your clothes on. I love it, but those of you who like to asphyxiate yourselves may not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff smells divine! Melts into skin very nicely and smells better after I've had it on for awhile. Even my boyfriend told me that I smelled "Delectable" when I had this on before bed on night and he doesn't comment very often on how I smell. Men...

The consistency of this is thicker than a lotion but not as thick as a body cream. I like the pump dispenser but I think that a tube would be better in order to get all the product out. I picked this up from Ulta and plan to try out more of their products. I like more natural body products anyway. A little expensive for what it is, but it's the price you pay for the good stuff. Just divine...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LaVitaeUnSogno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this product - it found me. I was trundling around Sephora with my mile long shopping list when I stumbled on this line. I was intrigued by its claims of "naturalness" (look ma - no propylene glycol : ) but it was really the Guava scent of this body butter that drew me in. One pump of this deliciously scented, satiny rich cream and I was streaking off to the checkout, product in hand. Sadly, it hasn't taken me long to get 3/4 of the way through it since I find occasions to schmeer it on often and everywhere (yes - it feels like something you should only spoil yourself with before a hot date or on personal spa-day, but I slather it on unapologetically whenever I want to feel indulged and uplifted - which is often). I will buy it again, the pump container is great and Sephora now offers a larger tube size also that is slightly more economical (or so I tell myself ; )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

I bought this product to use on the rough patches of my feet. I had previously been using The Body Shop's Mango Body Butter, but I found it a little too greasy.

So I thought I'd give this one a go & I'm glad I did. It comes in a pump tube, which I absolutely love - it's so much easier than sticking your fingers in a pot. It's definitely less greasy than TBS Mango body butter, but at the same time is intensely moisturising. I guess that's what a body butter is for - to be rich and intense, so you'd expect a bit of greasiness. But this one is fine in terms of greasiness. And my feet - nice and smooth! Gets rid of the dry, rough patches in no time, especially if you exfoliate prior to applying this - beautiful!

The fragrance - definitely coconut. I seem to find that anything which is 'guava' fragranced smells of coconut. I'm not a fan of coconut fragrances, which is the only thing I'm not too keen on about this product. But this one is bearable & not overpowering, so I can put up with it. I just think of it as a tropical getaway!

So if you're looking for a body butter to start out with that's not heavily greasy, and you don't mind coconut fragrances - give this one a go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I put this on one leg and left the other one moisturizer-free.
The next morning, my legs felt identical.
Enough said.
Smell is nice, texture ok, but you can get WAY more moisture for less money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: This was my HG hand cream, even though it sometimes interfered with the perfumes I wear, until I found Nivea Smooth Indulgence Hand Cream :-) Because that works slightly better for me, is less expensive, and easier to find, I've switched over. I alternate this with Badger Unscented Healing Balm (see my review for this stellar product) as a heavier night-time balm depending on whether I want scented hands when I retire for the evening :-)
However, don't let that deter you from trying it. As I said it *was* my HG (for 2 years straight)! The scent is nothing short of divine (smells nothing like guava but is divine nevertheless); the pump bottle is ingeniously designed (you'll see what I mean when you buy it, LOL); and the texture is rich and thick and sinks in within 10 minutes or so (a tad greasy at first, but my skin drank it up quickly). The fact that it's a "natural" product doesn't hurt either!
Price: At $18 a bottle, I consider this pricey, but as an HG, I *was* willing to pay a high price for something that smelled so good and performed so well.
Packaging: Ingenious type of pump bottle ensures that you can get out almost every last bit of product! I would still consider buying it again :-) Who knows; it may become an HG product for some other part of my body that dries up as I age, LOL! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just superb, the scent is the sooo lush and divine, more coconut like then guava but addictive nevertheless. It has a lovely creamy butter texture that my skin loves. Moisturises wonderfully and good value as you only need a little product.