August 28, 2014 | 1604 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by r0ck3tsh1p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this tool is disgustingly satisfying to use. and i love it. it works perfectly. what more can i say?

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

I could not get this one to work for me, but I did find the sephora one with the lance worked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

It would be very easy to misuse this tool.
However, if used correctly it simply purges clogged pores that are ready to go.
Do not use it on a pore that isn't ready to purge, it won't work and will only irritate your skin.
This tool safely removes sebum and other gunk without squeezing.
It is especially effective after a warm shower.
I use it mostly for those whiteheads that can form just under the skin, and I never force it.
When the pore is ready to purge, the contents will come out easily. If you have to use force, it simply isn't ready yet.
I don't suggest using it on small chronic blackheads, but the sides of the nose are notorious for those ugly enlarged pores and it works great there.

I certainly would never scrape it along the skin as other reviewers have reported. Be gentle and patient with this tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This definitely works. Yeah, it's gross but it's efficient. I rarely use mine now, though, since I started using jojoba oil as a cleanser. That stuff seriously disolves blackheads and it's not nearly as disgusting as watching blackheads ooze out of your pores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this tool does get out blackhead plugs, I think in the long run it is doing more harm than good. I rarely get pimples, I'll get one maybe every couple months, if that. Since using this tool, I've had a handful crop up in the areas that I've used the tool. Also, my skin seems more congested in terms of blackheads. My opinion on what's happening is while yes the tool does get the blackhead plug out that is underneath the open loop, the metal loop of the tool that rests against the skin is driving gunk down deeper into adjacent pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What oh what would I do without MUA?? Blackheads have always been my number one concern when it comes to my skin. I have fairly clear skin, non-acne prone with the occasional zit or two during my period, BUT I absolutely cannot stand the clutter of blackheads on my nose! I usually just use two q-tips and squeeze, but get minimal results and sometimes damage my sensitive skin. After reading the reviews about the tweezerman blackhead extractor, I went out and bought it last night at a shoppers drug mart for like $11 CDN. When I first used it, I didn't really understand how to use it and was confused lol. BUT, after some trial and error, I found a method that works for me and all i can say is WOW. really cleans up your pores without damaging your skin. I can definitely see myself overusing this thing as it is totally satisfying and disgusting at the same time, but I'm going to have to train myself to use like it once or twice a week at most! lol After extracting all the disgusting stuff out of my pores, I like to apply a salycilic based gel to keep them clean. I'm going to try steaming my face first next time and using a mask prior to using it! I'm sure it will work even better this way. By the way, I find the "whitehead" side to be more effective than the flat end!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 8:08:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Based on all of the postitive reviews here, I must be doing something wrong with this product. It hurt badly and left red marks on my face for the next week. The loops on each end were far too big to zero in on a single pore/blackhead. I was able to extract some gunk, but I could have done it with my fingers (w/ less pain and less redness!) I've never had a professional facial w/ extractions so I cannot compare. Maybe I just need to practice with this product, but owch does it hurt!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disgusting/amazing. This is the way to really get all that crap out of your pores that despite cleansers, toners, and masks still is there clogging up your face. So GROSS when the junk comes out of the pore, yet oddly satisfying, and of course relieving because it's not on your face anymore. Works on whiteheads, blackheads, and big pores you're worried are clogged. I recently went on a weekend trip without this thing, and pined for it the whole time because my skin immediately freaked out. I hate to be practically dependent on a little piece of metal, but hey, my pores have never been cleaner so that's ok!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Found out about this from MUA, got hooked like so many others. I waited a long time to review this, because I was really afraid that it would leave my skin scarred in the long run. Now I've used it for about 1 1/2 yrs. Yes, it works as good as everyone says, and no, it hasn't left scars. I had blackheads on and around my nose for years, and no topical treatment had ever worked. This was the first thing that worked for me. I started out taking hot showers, using masks and steam to loosen up the pores for extraction. My broken capillaries are still there, so I've quit the steam habit for good. 1 or 2 times I got impatient and pressed really hard on a stubborn spot, and gave myself little cysts that did not go away for months. These may scar. It is so hard to be gentle in the beginning, so please listen to the warnings. Now I'm very very gentle. IMO, if it hurts, you're being too rough. You should feel mild pressure only. SKIP the magnifying mirror. My results didn't last when I used this. Blackheads would come back in a month or so. I have since learned about BHA products, which have really cleared up my skin for the long term. I use the tool maybe 1x a month or less. I don't have scarring, but my pores are still visible around my nose (though clear). I don't think that's from the tool. So, this is a terrific little tool, but it comes with a high potential for skin abuse! You must be careful no matter how bad you want perfect skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by addicted_to_makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i just bought this and it works great. it got almost all of my blackheads out! i didnt realize how easy and painless it could be because up until now i was picking and squeezing! its so gross that its cool and it hurts a little. i wish they made the side that scrapes your face a little smoother. i feel like im scaring my face when i do this or maybe im not? i cant believe how much gunk i pulled out. i dont have any whiteheads but blackheads are basically forming a nest around my temples! gross! on my first try i think i got about 10-15 blackheads out! i think the packaging should be a little more hygenic! they should put something around the loops to keep them clean from the plastic but oh well. just be sure to clean this when you are done, or its pointless when you go back to use it!