Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 2/8/2007 12:19:00 AM

Every Sunday night, before the school week begins, I give myself a facial. Turn the hot water on in the shower to steam the bathroom up. Then I Boil hot water on the stove & take it into the steamy bathroom where I steam my face over it w/ a towel for 5 mins then I take the extractor and extract chin, steam face for 5 more mins, extract nose, steam again, extract forehad. Works well on my chin. I always wonder why my pores look HUGE after using this tool. If I use a Biore Pore strip they never look this way. I wonder if this tool will hurt my skin. I hope not because I have to use this at least once a week. I have the kind of pore situation where the clogs seem to overfill/overflow and come out of the pore so that they are visible on the surface. Nasty.

on 2/4/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i have to say that first of all, i don't own this product, this is just a suggestion for anyone who can't afford this or doesn't want to spend the money on it. i am a self proclaimed pore cleaning FREAK, and i use (and have used since i was about 12) a plain hairpin to do this job amazingly well. the Tweezerman tool has a thin metal loop-- well a hairpin (NOT a bobbypin) is a thin metal U-shaped piece of wire, aka: the exact same thing. you can get a pack of like 100 hairpins for about $2, and i just use a brand new one every time. for anyone who hasn't felt the *extreme* satisfaction of seeing a blackhead burst out, leaving a clean pore behind, you don't know what you're missing. although i will admit, i feel like the more you force blackheads out of your pores, the easier and quicker they build back up, and the harder it is to get them clean. i also feel (and i don't know if this is true or not) that after years and years of doing this, i've made the pores on my nose bigger. with all that said, i will NEVER stop, it's a serious addiction! and when i see other people with blackheads and bulging pores, my heart palpitates and i swear i start to sweat just imagining the glory of attacking their faces! i find the best care for an overzealously attacked face is to clean your face and then apply neosporin to the raw spots. ok i'm done grossing everyone out ;)

on 2/1/2007 4:14:00 PM

I am an idiot. I bought this a year ago or so and it's been collecting dust in my medicine cabinet because I'm not smart enough to figure out how to use the damn thing. It's a metal stick with different looking loops at each end. "Put the loop over the blemish and..." what? How do I use this thing? The package needs instructions with pictures for stupids like me. Finally, after reading many reviews here, I was able to interpret all the words and put them into actions that actually make this tool useful. And fun. And gross. A totally "pore strip" experience. Today MUA taught me you can put Neosporin on popped zits (duh!) and I can't wait to use it in conjunction with this tool. Steam and jojoba oil round out a satisfying and productive experience. Thanks again, ladies!!

on 1/28/2007 2:38:00 AM

this tool is disgustingly satisfying to use. and i love it. it works perfectly. what more can i say?

on 12/31/2006 11:53:00 PM

I could not get this one to work for me, but I did find the sephora one with the lance worked better.

on 12/29/2006 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It would be very easy to misuse this tool.
However, if used correctly it simply purges clogged pores that are ready to go.
Do not use it on a pore that isn't ready to purge, it won't work and will only irritate your skin.
This tool safely removes sebum and other gunk without squeezing.
It is especially effective after a warm shower.
I use it mostly for those whiteheads that can form just under the skin, and I never force it.
When the pore is ready to purge, the contents will come out easily. If you have to use force, it simply isn't ready yet.
I don't suggest using it on small chronic blackheads, but the sides of the nose are notorious for those ugly enlarged pores and it works great there.

I certainly would never scrape it along the skin as other reviewers have reported. Be gentle and patient with this tool.

on 12/18/2006 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This definitely works. Yeah, it's gross but it's efficient. I rarely use mine now, though, since I started using jojoba oil as a cleanser. That stuff seriously disolves blackheads and it's not nearly as disgusting as watching blackheads ooze out of your pores.

on 12/16/2006 12:46:00 AM

While this tool does get out blackhead plugs, I think in the long run it is doing more harm than good. I rarely get pimples, I'll get one maybe every couple months, if that. Since using this tool, I've had a handful crop up in the areas that I've used the tool. Also, my skin seems more congested in terms of blackheads. My opinion on what's happening is while yes the tool does get the blackhead plug out that is underneath the open loop, the metal loop of the tool that rests against the skin is driving gunk down deeper into adjacent pores.

on 11/26/2006 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

What oh what would I do without MUA?? Blackheads have always been my number one concern when it comes to my skin. I have fairly clear skin, non-acne prone with the occasional zit or two during my period, BUT I absolutely cannot stand the clutter of blackheads on my nose! I usually just use two q-tips and squeeze, but get minimal results and sometimes damage my sensitive skin. After reading the reviews about the tweezerman blackhead extractor, I went out and bought it last night at a shoppers drug mart for like $11 CDN. When I first used it, I didn't really understand how to use it and was confused lol. BUT, after some trial and error, I found a method that works for me and all i can say is WOW. really cleans up your pores without damaging your skin. I can definitely see myself overusing this thing as it is totally satisfying and disgusting at the same time, but I'm going to have to train myself to use like it once or twice a week at most! lol After extracting all the disgusting stuff out of my pores, I like to apply a salycilic based gel to keep them clean. I'm going to try steaming my face first next time and using a mask prior to using it! I'm sure it will work even better this way. By the way, I find the "whitehead" side to be more effective than the flat end!

on 11/5/2006 8:08:00 PM

Based on all of the postitive reviews here, I must be doing something wrong with this product. It hurt badly and left red marks on my face for the next week. The loops on each end were far too big to zero in on a single pore/blackhead. I was able to extract some gunk, but I could have done it with my fingers (w/ less pain and less redness!) I've never had a professional facial w/ extractions so I cannot compare. Maybe I just need to practice with this product, but owch does it hurt!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools