September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lip balm, it smells very nice and stays on the lips for a very long time, hours for sure if you dont eat much... It is hydrating and prevents the lips from being dry.
Not sure if I like the matte effect it makes on the lips - dont use a lipstick usually so I dont mind a bit of shine... It feels a tiny bit sticky maybe as well.
But overall a very good product, a lot of product in the jar, it is going to last me for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

Love! I use this at night by tapping and then smoothing it onto my lips because it is so thick. It smells lovely and really is still there in the morning and my lips feel soft and moisturized. It's not a daytime lipbalm for me (that's usually Jouer) unless my lips are badly chapped and I need a heavyweight. Note that it's much cheaper in Europe so stock up if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by maiimae

This lip balm really works, I've tried soo many over the years since highschool, I thought Lucas Paw Paw ointment was great but this is even better. I hope this will always work on my lips because I fear it'll get use to the product and won't be as effective.

I experience really cracked lips on the corners of my mouth a lot but since using this, it hasn't ever felt irritated and I don't need to put a lot on either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by yeen21

I've been using any kinds of lip balm but it doesn't work on my lips. But still i tried many balm and looking for a good one for my lips.. and boooom here it is this product works on my lips..I don't care if it is sticky on my lips as long as it works and my problem is solve.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for this lip balm for months, it was always sold out. All the great reviews made me want it even more and I never had a mat lip balm so I felt like I just needed it :).
But I'm sad to say it doesn't work out at all for me.
First of all what I like about it:
I love the smell of it it's like lemon meringue pie, just so yum and the glas jar it comes in makes it look so luxurious you just want to use it.
What I don't like:
it's very think so you automaticly get a lot on your fingers, maybe more than needed. So I have to really rub it well onto my lips.
My lips feel somewhat sticky and I don't feel a lipstick on top would work well for me as it would become a slick mess.
The worst part of it for me is, it makes my lips flake. After using it I get those loos skins and my lips are worse off than before.
I'm very dissapointed as I was really expecting a great HG product but it's a big fail. My rosebud salve is much better and at a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been reading raves for this lip balm for at least 15 years, but only recently did I get around to trying it for myself. Here's what I like: it's thick and somewhat waxy, so when I put it on my lips at night, it is still there in the morning. This is very rare in my experience. Most balms just sort of disappear into my lips. It can be a little mealy or gritty in places, but i just rub it into my lips really thoroughly and that issue is fixed. Next, it does smell really good, which makes me look forward to using it, which in turn makes me more diligent about taking care of my lips, which otherwise are frequently chapped. I'll buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by 4ngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Nuxe's Reve de Miel is a matte lip balm. It's quite nice for putting underneath lipsticks that you want to stay very matte, however I found that my lips would often flake. I have a feeling this is due to the fact that the lip balm is matte, so if you are prone to extremely chapped lips, this may not be for you. I personally don't think I will buy it again as I didn't find it moisturising enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

I love this product!! Ive tried loads of different lip balms and usually give up on them or lose them but ive nearly finished the jar and i am just about to buy another one so at 15g it shows how much i actually like this. At 10 it can be a bit expensive but you do get plenty of product to make up for that- other lip balms that cost 3-5 are usually tiny tubs or sticks and this tub is huge for a lip balm. I was reading the other reviews and saw people desrcibing this as grainy. It does have wee bits in it but its only occasionally, and i wouldnt desrcibe it as grainy, i think they are just tiny lumps of the lip balm. I love the smell its quite refreshing. I also like that its matte as i get dry around my mouth and nose so when i put shiny lip balms on it can look like ive missed my mouth but with this it doesnt and its also non-comodengionc?sp so i dont worry about it blocking the pores around my nose. I also saw that people desrcibe it as waxy, i wouldnt. You can feel it if you put it on quite thick but i feel that it feels more balmy and nourishing like its really protecting your lips. Its not even mega noticeable or destracting and its not like a waxy lipstick that your always aware of. I do like the glass jar but i think the lid needs to be a tad more sturdy as i dropped it on a tiled floor and the glass jar was fine but the plastic lip broke. It can melt slighty if its too hot but i just put mine in the fridge when that happened. I find it really helps soften my lips and its also a great base for lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by beautyabroad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a word of caution to those who faithfully use this product everyday. If you stop, like I did (for just a week) you could get an eczema type reaction around your mouth that is horrific. My dermatologist is treating me with steroids at this point to get the reaction under control so I can open my mouth to eat again. Everything was great until I stopped using it.

Please use caution with this. I seriously thought it was a holy grail product. What a shock.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was definitely skeptical to try this as, like most people I have a lip balm that works for me and I've been faithful to for years (neutrogena), plus the price is maybe a bit extravagant for a lip balm but I can honestly say I am 100% converted. This is hands down the best lip balm I have ever used, it works amazingly, feels so soft and hydrating and has a really nice mattifying effect on the lips which makes it fantastic as a primer for lipstick. It smells and tastes gorgeous too- very orangey. Basically, it's just great. I wouldn't even think twice about the price now as you get a really good amount of product (15g) and it is so good! It also helps that the packaging is quite luxurious- a nice heavy, frosted glass jar, which all adds to the appeal. I think I'm going to purchase the smaller stick version to keep in my handbag and keep the jar at home by the bedside table, hopefully it's just as good.