July 31, 2014 | 1918 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by 4ngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Nuxe's Reve de Miel is a matte lip balm. It's quite nice for putting underneath lipsticks that you want to stay very matte, however I found that my lips would often flake. I have a feeling this is due to the fact that the lip balm is matte, so if you are prone to extremely chapped lips, this may not be for you. I personally don't think I will buy it again as I didn't find it moisturising enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

I love this product!! Ive tried loads of different lip balms and usually give up on them or lose them but ive nearly finished the jar and i am just about to buy another one so at 15g it shows how much i actually like this. At 10 it can be a bit expensive but you do get plenty of product to make up for that- other lip balms that cost 3-5 are usually tiny tubs or sticks and this tub is huge for a lip balm. I was reading the other reviews and saw people desrcibing this as grainy. It does have wee bits in it but its only occasionally, and i wouldnt desrcibe it as grainy, i think they are just tiny lumps of the lip balm. I love the smell its quite refreshing. I also like that its matte as i get dry around my mouth and nose so when i put shiny lip balms on it can look like ive missed my mouth but with this it doesnt and its also non-comodengionc?sp so i dont worry about it blocking the pores around my nose. I also saw that people desrcibe it as waxy, i wouldnt. You can feel it if you put it on quite thick but i feel that it feels more balmy and nourishing like its really protecting your lips. Its not even mega noticeable or destracting and its not like a waxy lipstick that your always aware of. I do like the glass jar but i think the lid needs to be a tad more sturdy as i dropped it on a tiled floor and the glass jar was fine but the plastic lip broke. It can melt slighty if its too hot but i just put mine in the fridge when that happened. I find it really helps soften my lips and its also a great base for lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by beautyabroad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a word of caution to those who faithfully use this product everyday. If you stop, like I did (for just a week) you could get an eczema type reaction around your mouth that is horrific. My dermatologist is treating me with steroids at this point to get the reaction under control so I can open my mouth to eat again. Everything was great until I stopped using it.

Please use caution with this. I seriously thought it was a holy grail product. What a shock.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was definitely skeptical to try this as, like most people I have a lip balm that works for me and I've been faithful to for years (neutrogena), plus the price is maybe a bit extravagant for a lip balm but I can honestly say I am 100% converted. This is hands down the best lip balm I have ever used, it works amazingly, feels so soft and hydrating and has a really nice mattifying effect on the lips which makes it fantastic as a primer for lipstick. It smells and tastes gorgeous too- very orangey. Basically, it's just great. I wouldn't even think twice about the price now as you get a really good amount of product (15g) and it is so good! It also helps that the packaging is quite luxurious- a nice heavy, frosted glass jar, which all adds to the appeal. I think I'm going to purchase the smaller stick version to keep in my handbag and keep the jar at home by the bedside table, hopefully it's just as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Marsaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm never without this - one on my nightstand, one in my purse, at all times.

If you have chipped or dry lips, this will take care of them in no time. Leaves lips smooth, hydrated ans plump and the ingredients are all natural - no oils, petroleum, etc like most chapsticks on the market.

I find that the only other lip balm that comes very close to this is the original Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

I use this after my Bliss Fabulip scrub most days and I find it to be the perfect combination for healthy and smooth lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by kebiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have extremely dry lips and need to apply a lip balm every few hours or my lips would start to hurt. This is amazing because it stays on for a really long time, even after eating! So I don't have to re-apply as often. Best lip balm I have found so far!

However, don't think my lips would ever be completely 'healed' by anything. I use this at night before I go to bed and when I wake up I can still feel that it's on my lips. I don't use this when I go out though because I don't like to dip my fingers into the pot, and the pot is quite large and heavy, so I still use my regular stick lip balms when I'm out.

It is quite expensive in Singapore but I managed to get it on sale for half price! I probably would not repurchase it unless it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product works really well to heal and smoothe out dry and chaped lips. It's a very thick salve and you only need a little bit. I also like that fact that it's not glossy or greasy at all and it has a nice smell.

I also use a little bit of this everyday as an eyebrow wax.
I put a little bit on the back of my hand and use an eyebrow brush to comb through my eyebrows to tidy them up and make the brow powder last longer. It's great for this use!

There are two things I dislike.
-The glass jar is really heavy and bulky, so I don't bring it along in my purse
- A preservative they are using is said to be harmful/cancerous. I wish they would leave that ingredient out in the future. I will probably not repurchase because of the BHT. Especially because this brand is all about being natural and the promo always says this is without preservatives. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this product but i couldnt. the grainy, gritty, heavy film that leaves on the lips is no moisturising at all - in fact, it made my lips look worse. for that price and rave, i was expecting something better. at first i thought that my pot had gone bad or something then i read other reviews with the same exactly problems so i guess its how this product "works" (or doesnt work to be precise).
i dont see myself using this up - i simply cant stand it. too heavy and gritty -you cant even rub your lips. such a disappointment...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell of the lip balm- sort of like chocolate oranges. It moisturises my lips nicely but I don't think it works well with chapped lips. I prefer the 8 hour cream from EA to deal with real damage.
I use it under lipsticks as it is matte. I usually don't reapply the product during the day, unless I'm fidgeting with it.
I am not sure about repurchasing. Not a holy grail product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an HG product for me.
It's very moisturising, slightly plumping, smells gorgeous and it last a long time(I mean both the jar last a long time and that it stays on the lips for a long time).
I love Nuxe products, they are very popular in Paris. It has no shine or colour, so anyone can use it- even children and people who don't wear makeup.