Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 1/22/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my hg hand cream, as I tend toward dry skin (or my hands do anyway!). I agree the scent is strong, but I happen to lloooooooove the smell. A tiny bit goes quite a long way and I learned the hard way that slathering a ton of this on before bed has a hidden downside- the oil is so heavy it can stain certain fabrics! Now I take it a little easier in application and do so 5-10 mins before heading to bed after struggling to get dark marks off my duvet cover! I was using it both to intensely heal my hands and deal with ravaged cuticles, and find its best to use this with the cuticle cream if my cuticles are in desperate straights. I will never use another hand cream, this is my absolute fave! I suspect this is less heavy than it used to be as I seem to recall the old formula having kaolin clay. I get it that some reviewers think this stuff isn't worth paying more for, I just happen to disagree but I also have really dry skin and don't react well to drying agents like alcohol which they put into a lot of typical products. I also have unpleasant allergic reactions to chemicals, so I have to use natural products to avoid problems. For me Burt's products are completely worth the slightly higher cost because they are waaaay better than the usual drugstore fare (although I have to admit that the bar is being raised and that the 'usual' has gotten a whole lot better in recent years) and they just work so well for my uber dry skin. Nuff said, my favorite hand lotion ever.

on 1/11/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ahhhhh! I agree with the post below the smell is putrid!!!! I usually like Almond smells, but this, this should come with a warning label. I bought this b/c my hands go through a lot of abuse and it looked like a nice thick cream. I slathered it on my hands and was immedietly overwhelmed by the almond/sickingly sweet/chemicaly/plasticy smell! One of my co-workers even commented on the "odd" smell coming her way, can we say embarrasing? I left it on for an hour or so to see if maybe i could endure the stench only b/c the cream felt so absolutely wonderful on my hands. In the end i had to go wash it off, its going back in exchange for something else. Overall nice product, nasty smell.

on 1/11/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

oy, what a smell - awful. at first it seems nice, but leaves behind very strong, migrane-inducing smell that is worst that most toilet cleaners at the discount store. also does nothing to mositurize hands. there are zillions hand cremes out there at all price ranges. 1$ vaseline with a drop of your favorite essential oil will do much better job.
as with all burt's products pseudo-natural image is missleading. if petrolium is not your thing, you can still safe $$ by simply buying sweet almond oil at any health food store.

on 1/10/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, mostly because it is the only cream that heals the skin on my hands when my eczema gets really bad. The smell is pretty good, I love almond scents. The smell doesn't really matter to me though, I'm just happy it helps my skin.

on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 AM

A fantastic hand cream. It's very thick though, and your hands feel very slippery and greasy for the first 5 minutes but it adsorbs into the skin well. You might as well take that five minutes to treat yourself and work it into other rough spots like elbows and knees. I have bought this for myself and my mother in law, and we are both content with how well it moisturizes dry, painfully chapped hands. For someone looking for a very light hand creme to keep in the bathroom for constant use, this probably isn't for you- it's very thick and is best for intensive use.

on 12/15/2009 8:07:00 PM

Ok i love this stuff. This winter my skin has been freaking out, getting very dry and chapped- which is a new thing for me, ive never needed lip balm or hand cream or face cram until now. So that being said, I havent tried a whole lot of hand creams, but i did buy/try a few, and this is my favorite so far. It is very thick, it almost has the consistency of a candle. It smells very nice, like milk i think. But the reason I am giving it 5 lippies and the reason why I love it is- IT WORKS! Yay a product that does what it says it will.

My hands were flaking, dry, and chapped before i got this and now they look better than ever. It is a little slimy at first, but it sinks in after 15 mins or so and leaves almost a powdery finish (just a little). Plus the best thing is that it actually improves your skin. Most lotions only make your skin nice when you are wearing it, so you have to constantly put it on, but this makes your skin better so you need it less. I definitely reccomend. Also great on feet and elbows etc.

on 11/23/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the smell of almonds, its sooo yummy. Plus its a great hand cream, I wash my hands a lot ( im a nursing student) so my dry skin luvs the moisture. This is very thick and hydrating but thats what I need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you like almond scents/flavors, you will LOVE this! It smells sweet like a bunch of crushed almonds with sugar-you can almost taste it! It is awesome. Also, it STAYS PUT! A little goes along way without feeling too greasy, but if you use too much-watch out, sticky greasy central. Great product and its 98% NATURAL! yaaaaa!

on 10/31/2009 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I didn't research this product before buying it. Normally I do "extensive" research on MakeupAlley, however my hands were particularly dry and itchy (due to eczema) at work one day, and I had to make an emergency stop during lunch hour to buy some heavy duty hand cream. I knew that Burt's Bees was an all natural line, so that was one of the reasons why I decided to purchase this hand cream. What I didn't know, is that Burt's Bees products are heavily scented. This product smells a lot like marzipan, in which I am not a serious fan of. It is too strong, too sweet and the smell lingers on and on. It gives me a serious headache sometimes. However, the scent does seem to disappear A LITTLE after initial application, but you can still catch a whiff of it every now and then.

The cream's texture is on the thicker side, which is perfect for my extremely dry hands. It spreads quite nicely and works great to moisturize my hands. However, I do find it kind of greasy as it leaves that slick feel/look on my hands until it is either absorbed or wiped off by touching things. My hands are adequately moisturized after I use this stuff. However, I don't think I'll repurchase this as the smell really bothers me.

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 PM

I bought this because I LOVED the smell, it's pure marzipan; almondy, sugary, sweet and very very intense. The texture is a buttery paste, like thick frosting and so if you have long nails then the product can get stuck under your nails when you try and scoop it out the glass jar. It rubs in a bit like butter frosting too, very moisturising and great for dry, cracked hands but it does take a while to really sink in.
As with other BB's products the beeswax smell really starts to come through when it begins to go stale and I find that hideous, so despite daily use I never actually finished the jar.
I won't repurchase because for the price I want to be able to finish a product without it going 'off' - I just can't handle the waxy smell.