Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 5/5/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hate the packaging! But the product is really nice. It has a nice matte finish and is so light on the skin! You can't see or feel it. I'm in love with the sheer and comfortable coverage. But that's the thing, I really wouldn't recommend this product for someone with bad skin that needs full coverage or someone with really oily skin. The oil control is really nonexistent. I just make sure to use good primers, lotions, and setting sprays to get the oil control I need. I was looking for a matte, oil-free, water-based, and sheer foundation: this is the only foundation that met that criteria (I tried department store brands too), but besides that, it doesn't control oil or give full coverage, which is why I would only recommend it to people with semi-oily but clear skin. But I love it. It's just what I need.

on 4/23/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

If you have slightly oily skin that doesn't need a ton of coverage, this would be good for you! The consistency is great, doesn't emphasize dry patches or acne much, and it's a good price! The reason I gave it only 3 lippies overall is that I wish it had more coverage (i have rosacea-like redness) and it didn't really do an outstanding job at controlling my oil, I'd say I was oily after about an hour :( but if you have good skin, give it a try! :)

I have tried literally every foundation for oily skin. Finally after spending money on expensive products that claim to help but clog up pores and irritate skin I came across this!!!! I am in absolute love with this !!!! It matches my skin perfectly...buff beige.. It controls oil and is semi matte. Matte face doesn't look natural so the semi matte looks nice and pretty. Feels light on my face. Stays on all day. I love it.

on 4/20/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I generally liked this foundation. I have pretty oily skin and in the past couple years I've tried a bunch of different types of foundations (L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, etc.) and most of them left my skin very oily and I needed a powder to mattify it. This foundation has definitely been my favorite because it indeed controls oil and sheen, although for best results and setting purposes, a powder is still a good idea. The only downside is the bottle, because I would prefer a pump.

on 3/27/2012 9:48:00 PM

I freakin love this foundation. The coverage is pretty good and it's SO NATURAL LOOKING. Blends right in and I wear classic ivory and the shades don't look matching but when applied on my face, it looks like I'm not even wearing anything. Covers imperfections without looking too cakey or fake. For an even naturaler look, I sometimes apply lotion (moisturizer) directly before applying this foundation and it blends so flawlessly. In the springtime I don't even wear concealer with it.

on 3/22/2012 9:40:00 PM

I got this foundation because I was attracted to the concept of "clean" foundation. I wear buff beige 525 with the accompanying powder and I actually appreciate this foundation a lot. (Side note, I use a foundation brush to apply the liquid.) It's light, matches my skin well, and covers my imperfections without looking cakey. It's pretty good quality for the price. I always use a primer when I want my makeup to last, so I can't make a fair judgment on how long it stays. I will agree with some of the other reviews in that the bottle could use improvement. It is difficult to get the right amount out of the bottle, and the shape makes it hard to drain all the makeup from the bottom. Overall, I find it natural-looking and inexpensive.

on 3/18/2012 10:06:00 AM

I have a very light complexion with a rare blemish but a friend recommended this due to such a light coverage.
I thought I was in luck since it was on sale for 4 dollars, but it was quite the opposite.
I have broken out in raised red blemishes, gross pimples, and grease!
My whole T Zone is destroyed and the red blemishes show up along my cheek and hairline, and it all STINGS!!
Horrible reaction, horrible product!!
I should have spent the 2 extra dollars on Maybelline!!
Covergirl is producing a product they claim keeps your skin "clean", so why is my face covered in horrific and painful pimples?!?
Returning this crap with a complaint!!!

First, I bought this in the wrong shade to start off with.. I have yellow undertones and probably a "beige" but I was inexperienced with make up back then so I bought the cheap and wrong product.. The packaging is horrible.. It's one of those screw caps that leaks out too much product.. Uncontrollable! The shade I got was ivory which was too light and had pink tones. The consistency: it's very watery, thin and runny so blending is not a problem. But the coverage is very sheer! I guess it is buildable. It will only even out your complexion and cover redness. It cannot cover your acne or scars. It sets matte on my skin and has a tiny bit of sheen. I like that.. It lasts quite a while.. I didnt need to reapply anything.The price was very cheap. Overall, I don't recommend this!

on 3/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation did not work for me. I broke out IMMEDIATELY in raised, red blotches on my face...and it burned! My face was irritated and red for days after.

In the midst of my allergic reaction, I also noticed that it is a very light foundation, almost as light as a tinted moisturizer. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. Also, the range of shades isn't good for women of color. They don't have any deep toned shades in the range. Shame on Cover Girl!

Also, it is nearly impossible to pour out of the bottle. It is very thick, and I had to use a cotton swab to get it out.

I wouldn't have minded it being light coverage because I don't have a lot to cover; my skin is in pretty good shape. But, the bee sting reaction kind of overshadowed anything else!

on 3/4/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Terrible on my skin. I tried the Covergirl Clean Makeup that wasn't "oil control," and it was fine. When I tried the oil control version, though, it caused dry spots and breakouts. It made me appear chalky, and didn't blend well at all. Coverage was terrible too. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but i usually don't have bad breakouts like what this caused.