July 26, 2014 | 1049 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

First, I bought this in the wrong shade to start off with.. I have yellow undertones and probably a "beige" but I was inexperienced with make up back then so I bought the cheap and wrong product.. The packaging is horrible.. It's one of those screw caps that leaks out too much product.. Uncontrollable! The shade I got was ivory which was too light and had pink tones. The consistency: it's very watery, thin and runny so blending is not a problem. But the coverage is very sheer! I guess it is buildable. It will only even out your complexion and cover redness. It cannot cover your acne or scars. It sets matte on my skin and has a tiny bit of sheen. I like that.. It lasts quite a while.. I didnt need to reapply anything.The price was very cheap. Overall, I don't recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MaliB79

This foundation did not work for me. I broke out IMMEDIATELY in raised, red blotches on my face...and it burned! My face was irritated and red for days after.

In the midst of my allergic reaction, I also noticed that it is a very light foundation, almost as light as a tinted moisturizer. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. Also, the range of shades isn't good for women of color. They don't have any deep toned shades in the range. Shame on Cover Girl!

Also, it is nearly impossible to pour out of the bottle. It is very thick, and I had to use a cotton swab to get it out.

I wouldn't have minded it being light coverage because I don't have a lot to cover; my skin is in pretty good shape. But, the bee sting reaction kind of overshadowed anything else!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by clairealexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible on my skin. I tried the Covergirl Clean Makeup that wasn't "oil control," and it was fine. When I tried the oil control version, though, it caused dry spots and breakouts. It made me appear chalky, and didn't blend well at all. Coverage was terrible too. I have somewhat sensitive skin, but i usually don't have bad breakouts like what this caused.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by foreverlove52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst makeup ever!. I had a MAJOR alergic reaction to this! The old style was a lot better then I got the new fornula when i ran out of the old and it worked for a while then BAM woke up and my eyes were swollen shut and that was after i washed my makeup off
do yourself a favor and do noy buy this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Classic Ivory shade because I have very fair skin. I find it a strange color; in the bottle very beige-y and on the skin it looks like I have a light suntan. I checked it against a different liquid makeup I have that is also ivory and the Cover Girl is a much darker shade. It is definitely not oil free. By mid day my oily skin was showing up greasy with this makup on. To call this a good makeup for oily skin is ridiculous. I applied it with a damp sponge which helps dilute it a bit. It's a pretty heavy foundation and needs to be thinned out unless you like a dense thick coverage. It went on smoothly without streaking. As to the glass bottle everyone complains about my guess is that glass is still the cheapest way of bottling it. I just shook it hard onto a damp sponge and the makeup came out ok. But I wouldn't take this bottle in my purse or travel in a suitcase. Then again, I don't plan to buy it again mainly because it's greasy and not for oily skin. Cover Girl is cheap; that's it's only really good point but I think I'll spend a bit more and get something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my god this foundation is soooo awful, i actually think this is the worst foundation ive tried, so basically this does nothing except making me look chalky. I put this on and at first it has like a very very verrryyyy light coverage then 30 minutes later NOTHING, the color has disappeared but the chalky texture was still there. I mean ive NEVER seen something like that . Good thing this was only 5$

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by reviewsformakeup

I live in Australia and i bought this foundation at a shop called Priceline. I am a teenager so i have teenage skin. The reason i bought this product was because the packaging was very inviting and looked really nice, it was also on sale for $10 Australian Dollars.

I think that this foundation is really buildable and easy to apply. It blends in very well with your skin tone. It is a water base so its very light weight and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It gives you a very natural look. Its great for people just starting out with makeup. Its about a light - medium coverage depending on how much you put on. I apply this with a makeup sponge or sometimes my fingers. I bought this in 120 CREAMY NATURAL but it appears lighter on my skin for some reason. I like using my Rimmel True Match foundation which is great, but i apply this Covergirl Clean foundation as a highlight. Trust me it looks natural and works well! I like the formula but one thing i HATE is the packaging. Its a bottle type and doesnt come with a pump. It can get really annoying sometimes, but i might try putting an old foundation pump on it. I have just recently purchased this so i havent used it all up but once its nearly finished i can tell there will be a lot of product waste because of the stupid packaging.
Ill continue to use the foundation because i do not want to waste it. I think on the days where i dont need that much coverage or i want to have a more natural look i will use this foundation. Its my first Covergirl purchase. I dont think i would buy this again.
- Hope the review helped -

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by LEGP1017

Good foundation, not too oily. Goes on well, but smells weird, but smell fades after you put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by pastelliazzurro

I've never been a fan of Covergirl (except for their mascara) but I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I got mine at Walmart for $5 and it's available at drugstores and large discount retailers but price will vary.

I use the oil control formula and my color is 520 (creamy natural). I have used it several times and I love the results. The coverage is light to medium, but I found that it is somewhat buildable. It blends so evenly and looks very natural. It is imperative however that you get the right formula for your skin type, it makes a huge difference. The oily skin formula will make your dry patches show up (my mom tried it).

The color selection I thought was very good. My color can be a bit tricky to find but I feel like 520 suits me so well, it's probably the closest match I've found to my skin so far.

Now, I found the packaging aesthetically pleasing. It's reminiscent of a beaker in a chemistry lab. But it can be a bit tricky to remove the product, so I gave the packaging a 3. I love the foundation so much that I'm able to forgive it for the bottle.

Basically, this is a great drugstore foundation and I would definitely buy it again. It's so inexpensive and accessible and is great if you're just starting out. The packaging can be a bit of a hassle but the foundation makes up for it. I'm only speaking for my experience with the oily skin formula, but I would recommend it! Make sure you get the right formula for your skin type though, as I said, it does make a huge difference. Definitely check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by carolinebarth

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. Unlike other oil-control foundations, this one is not cakey at all. It is buildable and I can put on as many layers as I need without it caking up! My mom, who usually hates foundation, loves the way this foundation looks on me, because it looks so nice. I've had quite a few comments on how great my skin is since I've started wearing it.

My only complaint is the packaging. I have to store it upside down to get any product to come out. I wish it had a pump or squeeze tube. The clunky glass bottle gets in the way.

Now here's the secret...if you put this on with your fingers, it looks nice, but if you put it on with a sponge, it looks flawless! I put some on the back of my hand, then dot it all over my face and neck. Then, I stipple it in with a sponge. I add on another layer if necessary, and then sometimes I'll use concealer over it. I set it with the Covergirl Clean pressed powder, or the Palladio rice powder, depending on what I feel like that day.

I'm the lightest shade and it matches me perfectly. :)