October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

the best under eye concealer! i bought it along with double wear light foundation last year and did't think it would be good but i was wrong. it's great! i use it around my nose and also to cover some red spots. it's my 2 second concealer that i tried, Mac sculpt was a disaster for me but this one is my favorite i don't think i/m going to try new concealers because this one is good. When it comes to under eye concealers i think the liquid concealers work best than cream. I use it with sigma P80 brush or just with fingers when i don't have time, It stays long and looks natural, so i will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SarinaT

I really love this product, I have quite dark circles and this covers it nicely without drying up or looking cakey. I have recently teamed it up with the Body Shops 'Aloe Eye Defence' and they make a superb combination. My under eyes are really dry as well as dark and would quite frankly 'drink' all of my concealer leaving it flaky and dry. Once i started using the body shop product my concealer sits nice and smooth. I rarely need to touch up throughout the day only really if im going out after work. I normally apply my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation first so i get coverage there as well and then after apply my concealer. It has lasted absolutely ages I apply literally 3-4 dots on each under eye and then blend with what would be cheaper alternative to a Mac 224 and i find it blends quite nicely. Although the product is high priced it really is worth it as it lasts for a very long time.

I wear 09 Warm Medium and in the Double Wear Foundation I wear Tawny and I like a flawless dewy look which i do get with these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion -all over
2. Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time Foundation Primer, Original -a half pump all over (apply what's left to the nose last).
3. MAC Strobe Cream -a half pea size amount dotted & blended on the chin, cheeks, forehead, and, what's left goes on the nose.
4. Estee Lauder DW Concealer 01 Light, one too two dots blended under eyes. (Would be a good match for NC15ish skin-tone btw.)
5. Estee Lauder DW liquid foundation Bone 17 1W1 -section by section (chin, cheeks, forehead, then nose). At this point, I apply it around the eyes -yes, even layered very lightly under the eyes, on top of the concealer. This will not undue the concealer, but make it better. (For extra shade reference, if you are somewhere between NC15/NW15, I think that Ecru 16 1N1 liq fndt might work for you. But if you are more NC15 with more yellow undertones, Bone 17 1W1 would be a much better match.)
6. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder -applied very lightly to set under the eyes only. (Or Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Light 4-5 patted on lightly)
7. Pat any fndt crease line on the lid and proceed with e/s ect.

This makes for a beautiful canvas for a 39 y/o! I shared part of my m/u routine with a list of products that work well together, as I have never tried a single product that did it all for me as I have redness, uneven skin, sun spots from tanning during my 20's, and red/purple under eyes. And, I have found from experimenting with lots of makeup, that this combo works for me to erase 10-15 years, and lasts all day.

As for the concealer itself, I would say that it gives medium coverage that is buildable. It lasts a full day the way I use it, and is definitely the best that I have tried to date. (I neglected and then eventually trashed all of my other concealers after using this one.) I will repurchase again and again!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this concealer while buying the Double Wear foundation as an additional purchase so that I could secure myself the adorable free gift on offer. I wasn't particularly in need of a new concealer, but I'm glad I went ahead and purchased this. The colour (02 Light/Medium) matches my Nars tinted moisturiser (Finland) really well and covers blemishes seamlessly when applied with a concealer or foundation brush (either will do the trick). It is too dark to be used under my eyes, but this is easily fixed by mixing it in with Nars conealer stick in Chantily to lighten it up. This concealer is a creamy liquid that blends really well (but not with fingers, never with fingers!). It lasts all day and doesn't cake. This is probably better for those with oily skin, however. Not good for concealing spots with any dry patches. I would certainly repurchase and am considering picking up the lighter colour for dark circles when my Nars concealer runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by patriciab1989

Would buy this over and over and over again.

I bought it after hearing Ruth Crilly from amodelrecommends rave about this and how it got rid of her dark circles. How could I not listen with a model with real dark circles who seems to look perfect all the time?

The consistency is very smooth and easy to blend. I use this on my under-eye area only.

This stuff really works. I actually did NOT sleep at all last night and had to run this morning to a doctor's appointment. Tapped this on and, voila!
I looked like I had a great night of sleep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite concealer of all time. I have terrible dark circles and this does the best job at covering them. I only need to use a tiny amount to cover them and it stays put all day. It doesn't crease or settle into lines. The product comes out a bit creamy but then it sets and won't budge. If you apply too much it'll become cakey, but because of the great coverage you don't need to use much. I really had to get used to how little product I need with this. Because I need to use so little this looks very natural on.
I like that it has SPF because my eye area is definitely something I want to protect from wrinkle-causing-UV rays. Though because of the SPF it's not the best for flash photography. If I know I'm going to be taking pictures I'll use something without SPF, but for daily wear this is great.
I am fair skinned and use the lightest shade, which is a perfect match for me. I know there are many people with even paler skin though, so I don't think it would suit the palest skin. For people who need something lighter I'd recommend looking at collection 2000 as their lightest shade is lighter than this and the coverage is comparable.
Overall I think this product is very expensive but I think it's worth it due to the unrivalled coverage and staying power. I had a gift card so I didn't pay the full price, but I would buy it again for full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the DW concealer, and will definitely repurchase. Unlike the DW foundation, this concealer seems to slip on, stay in place, and remain true to color. Coverage is very good, it doesn't crease, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I do moisturize well first, and wouldn't want to put it on dry skin. I only wish EL would make another shade that's a little lighter as well. And why not put it in a little tube which would be much more hygienic? In theory, I could apply the sponge to a perfectly clean concealer brush, but in practice...who has time or access when you're on the road? Other than those two little points, I recommend it as a good, long-wearing concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lillynora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this one for 2 weeks and it has become one of my MUST have in my makeup kit. In the winter my skin goes a bit dry and as I have acne it works well on covering my blemishes in those areas where I need it most.

I have not given this one a top rating because the price is a bit high and it does not really stay all day on my skin pefectly. As I am dry in the morning and develop a bit of an oily complexion by end of the day. So unless I have used a primer I may by accident rub it off if I have an "ichy nose".

Colourwise I am impressed as I am fair skinned - so a good match. I actually use 02 in this.

When I have my good days - I can easily skip the foundation routine and use this one to cover where needed using a damp sponge or brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only concealer i have ever successfully used up, and the only one i have ever considered repurchasing (and i most likely will repurchase unless i find something that totally knocks my socks off). I use concealer exclusively under my eyes, and so i cannot comment on blemish coverage.
Pros: Long wearing (the longest wearing concealer i have tried, and I have tried a ton. Literally. Keep in mind that i set all concealers with a light dusting of powder. i think i get 8ish hours out of this concealer before it begins to fade.)
Decent pigmentation (i have quite fair skin, and so my dark circles, which would probably be average on a darker skintone, are quite blatant on mine...this concealer covers them to the point where i dont feel overly self conscious of them...not perfectly, but well enough).
Applicator (basic doefoot, makes applying with fingers/on the go easy).
Doesn't crease (the first concealer i have found that doesnt crease under the eyes! at least, not until the very end of the day...but this is 8 or so hours of wear we're talking about.)
Cons: Drying/cakey (this is a longwearing concealer, and so i don't expect it to be hydrating; however, keep this in mind if you are planning on using it for under eyes. by the 3rd hour or so, it begins to look very dry. not the worst i've seen but definately not the best.)
Somewhat expensive ($23-26 i believe, which is definately not the most i have paid for concealer but certainly not the least).
Color Selection (light is too light for my ever so slightly tanned summer skin, while light/medium is too dark. but since this summer i got an atypical amount of sun, this isnt a huge concern).
All in all, the closest concealer i have found to a HG concealer. if this concealer were more hydrating, without sacrificing longevity/pigmentation/non creasing, i would be in cosmetic heaven!
EDIT: so i went to repurchase recently, and the formula has been changed. The color Light is a shade or so darker than the old light, and is now far too dark for me in the winter; however, they have an extra light shade now which works for my winter color. the new concealer, unfortunately, creases much more than the old formulation, and because it is naturally quite a dry formula it is impossible to blend the creasing out. Sadly, this concealer has become another failed attempt at finding my perfect concealer (but it is still the best thing i've found yet). my hunt will continue (probably until i'm 6 feet under haha).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by azgirl929

Did research and read allot of reviews on this product, and it does live up to it's name. I have very dark circles (purple hue) and this product not only covers them very well w/out drying or enhancing lines, it does last pretty much all day. I did need to do a touch up after about 9 hours, but I think that is really good, and I only added on very, very little to cover the entire under eye area. Great price point, fantastic product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No