September 19, 2014 | 1547 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by patriciab1989

Would buy this over and over and over again.

I bought it after hearing Ruth Crilly from amodelrecommends rave about this and how it got rid of her dark circles. How could I not listen with a model with real dark circles who seems to look perfect all the time?

The consistency is very smooth and easy to blend. I use this on my under-eye area only.

This stuff really works. I actually did NOT sleep at all last night and had to run this morning to a doctor's appointment. Tapped this on and, voila!
I looked like I had a great night of sleep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite concealer of all time. I have terrible dark circles and this does the best job at covering them. I only need to use a tiny amount to cover them and it stays put all day. It doesn't crease or settle into lines. The product comes out a bit creamy but then it sets and won't budge. If you apply too much it'll become cakey, but because of the great coverage you don't need to use much. I really had to get used to how little product I need with this. Because I need to use so little this looks very natural on.
I like that it has SPF because my eye area is definitely something I want to protect from wrinkle-causing-UV rays. Though because of the SPF it's not the best for flash photography. If I know I'm going to be taking pictures I'll use something without SPF, but for daily wear this is great.
I am fair skinned and use the lightest shade, which is a perfect match for me. I know there are many people with even paler skin though, so I don't think it would suit the palest skin. For people who need something lighter I'd recommend looking at collection 2000 as their lightest shade is lighter than this and the coverage is comparable.
Overall I think this product is very expensive but I think it's worth it due to the unrivalled coverage and staying power. I had a gift card so I didn't pay the full price, but I would buy it again for full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the DW concealer, and will definitely repurchase. Unlike the DW foundation, this concealer seems to slip on, stay in place, and remain true to color. Coverage is very good, it doesn't crease, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I do moisturize well first, and wouldn't want to put it on dry skin. I only wish EL would make another shade that's a little lighter as well. And why not put it in a little tube which would be much more hygienic? In theory, I could apply the sponge to a perfectly clean concealer brush, but in practice...who has time or access when you're on the road? Other than those two little points, I recommend it as a good, long-wearing concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lillynora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this one for 2 weeks and it has become one of my MUST have in my makeup kit. In the winter my skin goes a bit dry and as I have acne it works well on covering my blemishes in those areas where I need it most.

I have not given this one a top rating because the price is a bit high and it does not really stay all day on my skin pefectly. As I am dry in the morning and develop a bit of an oily complexion by end of the day. So unless I have used a primer I may by accident rub it off if I have an "ichy nose".

Colourwise I am impressed as I am fair skinned - so a good match. I actually use 02 in this.

When I have my good days - I can easily skip the foundation routine and use this one to cover where needed using a damp sponge or brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only concealer i have ever successfully used up, and the only one i have ever considered repurchasing (and i most likely will repurchase unless i find something that totally knocks my socks off). I use concealer exclusively under my eyes, and so i cannot comment on blemish coverage.
Pros: Long wearing (the longest wearing concealer i have tried, and I have tried a ton. Literally. Keep in mind that i set all concealers with a light dusting of powder. i think i get 8ish hours out of this concealer before it begins to fade.)
Decent pigmentation (i have quite fair skin, and so my dark circles, which would probably be average on a darker skintone, are quite blatant on mine...this concealer covers them to the point where i dont feel overly self conscious of them...not perfectly, but well enough).
Applicator (basic doefoot, makes applying with fingers/on the go easy).
Doesn't crease (the first concealer i have found that doesnt crease under the eyes! at least, not until the very end of the day...but this is 8 or so hours of wear we're talking about.)
Cons: Drying/cakey (this is a longwearing concealer, and so i don't expect it to be hydrating; however, keep this in mind if you are planning on using it for under eyes. by the 3rd hour or so, it begins to look very dry. not the worst i've seen but definately not the best.)
Somewhat expensive ($23-26 i believe, which is definately not the most i have paid for concealer but certainly not the least).
Color Selection (light is too light for my ever so slightly tanned summer skin, while light/medium is too dark. but since this summer i got an atypical amount of sun, this isnt a huge concern).
All in all, the closest concealer i have found to a HG concealer. if this concealer were more hydrating, without sacrificing longevity/pigmentation/non creasing, i would be in cosmetic heaven!
EDIT: so i went to repurchase recently, and the formula has been changed. The color Light is a shade or so darker than the old light, and is now far too dark for me in the winter; however, they have an extra light shade now which works for my winter color. the new concealer, unfortunately, creases much more than the old formulation, and because it is naturally quite a dry formula it is impossible to blend the creasing out. Sadly, this concealer has become another failed attempt at finding my perfect concealer (but it is still the best thing i've found yet). my hunt will continue (probably until i'm 6 feet under haha).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by azgirl929

Did research and read allot of reviews on this product, and it does live up to it's name. I have very dark circles (purple hue) and this product not only covers them very well w/out drying or enhancing lines, it does last pretty much all day. I did need to do a touch up after about 9 hours, but I think that is really good, and I only added on very, very little to cover the entire under eye area. Great price point, fantastic product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh! I admittedly have high standards for concealer (they have to cover well, look all natural, blend in easily, wear long, and not crease - aka be PERFECT), and this concealer did not fit the bill especially considering the price. This covered my dark circles relatively well but even though it was liquidy did not blend out evenly and I had to pat it in repeatedly. A couple hours of wear in, it creased (please note I always powder after application).

My fave almost HG concealer still remains the myface cosmetics concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyrose57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favourite concealer for quite a few years (as well as Benefit's Boi-ing), it is a perfect brightening concealer and covers dark circles impressively too. The formulation is quite light and doesn't sink into fine lines.

The only negative I would give this product is that Estee Lauder have recently 'tweaked' the formulation. It is still good and still does all the things stated above, BUT the finish isn't QUITE as natural as it used to be. They have made it slightly shinier than it used to be, which is a bit offputting for me. I think the result they were going for is 'brightening', but it isn't completely flattering when your eyes are puffy- it only essentuates this more, which is unfortunate.

Why do cosmetic companies continue to change formulations of perfectly good products???

I still like this product though and use in conjunction with Benefit's Boi-Ing which is a bit more matte (I wouldn't need to to this if they kept the formulation.

This would be 5 LIPSTICKS if they left the formula well alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Egonise

This is by far the best concealer I've ever tried...and I've been using this since 1999!!!
I'm a makeup artist, and have tried pretty much all high end concealers (Laura Mercier, by Terry, Ellis Fass, YSL, Chanel, Dor, Kevin Aucoin, MAC, MUF, Cle de Peau, and etc) ,a lot of less expensive ( Maybelline, Revlon, CoverGirl, Almay, Sonia Kashuk, NYX, Joe Blasco, Cinema Secrets, Ben Nye) and also some that I bought while I was on location in Asian and Europe ( Skinfood, RMK, Cyber Color, Collection 2000, Ipsa). As you can tell, I'm a concealer junkie, and I'm very picky with texture, lasting power, application, color selection, and how well it wears around the eye area. I find DW to be the only one that I keep coming back to over and over again throughout the years. It's the only concealer that is creamy enough to spread nicely around the under eyes, yet gives you enough coverage ( but not so much that makes the area look flat and opaque. And unless you're extremely dry you shouldn't have any caking problems) If I'm trying to cover blemishes, I make sure that I apply a bit of loose powder afterwards, thats the only way it'll stay all day. They also have a good selection of neutral colors ( I use "Light/Med. on myself- NC25-30, and on clients who are a shade lighter or a shade darker than me. "Light" is a bit more pink, but still neutral enough to work with) Haven't noticed any breakouts from it ( but I mostly use it for under eyes and only spot treat blemishes or red marks) Even though iEL advertises that it contains SPF, I wouldn't count on it as my only sun protection. Also, if you are looking for an opaque, thick (Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Mac full coverage, or any theatrical pancake makeup) and full coverage concealer, this won't cut it. It's more of a medium to kind-of-full (if you layer) coverage concealer. One tube will last me at least 6 months with daily use. ( If you remember, before they repackaged these, they use to come in little square white bottles. For some reason, those lasted me even longer, one of those would last me at least a year. I think they've reformulated it because it feels like the old formula had a bit more pigment to it... I LOVED those so much!!!) I've recommended this to a lot of my friends and clients, and all of them ended up loving it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a month and I'm really impressed. I compare this to Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer and this surpasses it. I have dry skin, very bad dark circles with alot of fine lines. I am pleasantly surprised by how light the texture is and yet it provides pretty high coverage, creases the least and stays put all day. But if you have dry skin around the eyes, this may be too drying. I mix more moisturizing formulas into this and amazing. Do not need to be set with powder, lasts all day.

Texture - light, non-cakey and blends well, creases minimally
Coverage - medium to high
Staying power - high
Packaging - would prefer if it comes in a squeeze tube as it is more hygenic

Of all the concealers i've used, this product tops them all.

Usage: I layer this on top of Missha Signature BB cream, stays put all day.
Update: I use this on top of Maybelline neutralizer and don't even need to set with powder. Both are amazing