November 28, 2014 | 1789 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

Boy I wish I had tried this product years ago. I have tried endless concealers and not been very happy. But this one actually does what I want! It covers blemishes, dark spots, and my dark undereye circles very well and I don't believe it is noticeable that I am using a concealer. It also has a light reflecting quality that I like, that again I don't think is really noticeable to others, however it gives my skin a bit of a glow. I like the texture, it is liquid but thick enough to stay in place. Lasting power is excellent - lasts all day for me, from 7am to 5pm. It is buildable. I tend to apply twice to darkest spots and to undereyes. I find the color match works well for my pale ivory skin. I will definitely repurchase, and would recommend at least to other pale folks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this mostly to conceal my dark under eye circles. I bought this from online so the colour was kind of difficult to pick so i chose no 2 which looked way too dark for my nc 20ish skin but surprisingly it was a really good match! The concealer itself wasn't that special and i wouldn't buy it again for there are cheaper ones which are equally this good. But it stayed in place, like the name suggests, really well and i didn't need to reapply during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by niteamor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried Estee Lauder eye cream couple of years ago and it gave me horrible milia within a week. After this horrible experience i though i would still give double wear concealer a go as I read so many great reviews about it. BUT IT GAVE ME MILIA. Within a week. Basically if youre okay with estee lauder products for the eyes then give it a try but if not, dont bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer for about 7 months now. This concealer is great for covering dark circles and purple/blue hues. I use this on top of Bobbi Browns corrector in Peach and it does wonders. I have some serious bags and dark circles so I do have to use more than one product. But ELDW concealer works like a charm. BTW, I don't know how well this concealer would perform on blemishes or other imperfections since I only use this for my under eyes. A few things about this concealer:

-comes in a tube with a wand applicator
-offers a multitude of shades, ranging from very light to deep tones
-has SPF 10
-really does last all day
-ranges between $20-22US

I would definitely recommend using an eye moisturizer before applying under your eyes because I could see this turning cakey and dry. I wear contacts but this formula doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. The way I use it is to swipe a little of the concealer with the wand directly under eyes and then tap. It blends seamlessly.
For reference: I'm NC30-35 and I use the shade Medium. It's a good match for me and I have yellow undertones. I will continue to buy this because it does a good job for my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

the best under eye concealer! i bought it along with double wear light foundation last year and did't think it would be good but i was wrong. it's great! i use it around my nose and also to cover some red spots. it's my 2 second concealer that i tried, Mac sculpt was a disaster for me but this one is my favorite i don't think i/m going to try new concealers because this one is good. When it comes to under eye concealers i think the liquid concealers work best than cream. I use it with sigma P80 brush or just with fingers when i don't have time, It stays long and looks natural, so i will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SarinaT

I really love this product, I have quite dark circles and this covers it nicely without drying up or looking cakey. I have recently teamed it up with the Body Shops 'Aloe Eye Defence' and they make a superb combination. My under eyes are really dry as well as dark and would quite frankly 'drink' all of my concealer leaving it flaky and dry. Once i started using the body shop product my concealer sits nice and smooth. I rarely need to touch up throughout the day only really if im going out after work. I normally apply my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation first so i get coverage there as well and then after apply my concealer. It has lasted absolutely ages I apply literally 3-4 dots on each under eye and then blend with what would be cheaper alternative to a Mac 224 and i find it blends quite nicely. Although the product is high priced it really is worth it as it lasts for a very long time.

I wear 09 Warm Medium and in the Double Wear Foundation I wear Tawny and I like a flawless dewy look which i do get with these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion -all over
2. Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time Foundation Primer, Original -a half pump all over (apply what's left to the nose last).
3. MAC Strobe Cream -a half pea size amount dotted & blended on the chin, cheeks, forehead, and, what's left goes on the nose.
4. Estee Lauder DW Concealer 01 Light, one too two dots blended under eyes. (Would be a good match for NC15ish skin-tone btw.)
5. Estee Lauder DW liquid foundation Bone 17 1W1 -section by section (chin, cheeks, forehead, then nose). At this point, I apply it around the eyes -yes, even layered very lightly under the eyes, on top of the concealer. This will not undue the concealer, but make it better. (For extra shade reference, if you are somewhere between NC15/NW15, I think that Ecru 16 1N1 liq fndt might work for you. But if you are more NC15 with more yellow undertones, Bone 17 1W1 would be a much better match.)
6. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder -applied very lightly to set under the eyes only. (Or Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Light 4-5 patted on lightly)
7. Pat any fndt crease line on the lid and proceed with e/s ect.

This makes for a beautiful canvas for a 39 y/o! I shared part of my m/u routine with a list of products that work well together, as I have never tried a single product that did it all for me as I have redness, uneven skin, sun spots from tanning during my 20's, and red/purple under eyes. And, I have found from experimenting with lots of makeup, that this combo works for me to erase 10-15 years, and lasts all day.

As for the concealer itself, I would say that it gives medium coverage that is buildable. It lasts a full day the way I use it, and is definitely the best that I have tried to date. (I neglected and then eventually trashed all of my other concealers after using this one.) I will repurchase again and again!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this concealer while buying the Double Wear foundation as an additional purchase so that I could secure myself the adorable free gift on offer. I wasn't particularly in need of a new concealer, but I'm glad I went ahead and purchased this. The colour (02 Light/Medium) matches my Nars tinted moisturiser (Finland) really well and covers blemishes seamlessly when applied with a concealer or foundation brush (either will do the trick). It is too dark to be used under my eyes, but this is easily fixed by mixing it in with Nars conealer stick in Chantily to lighten it up. This concealer is a creamy liquid that blends really well (but not with fingers, never with fingers!). It lasts all day and doesn't cake. This is probably better for those with oily skin, however. Not good for concealing spots with any dry patches. I would certainly repurchase and am considering picking up the lighter colour for dark circles when my Nars concealer runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by patriciab1989

Would buy this over and over and over again.

I bought it after hearing Ruth Crilly from amodelrecommends rave about this and how it got rid of her dark circles. How could I not listen with a model with real dark circles who seems to look perfect all the time?

The consistency is very smooth and easy to blend. I use this on my under-eye area only.

This stuff really works. I actually did NOT sleep at all last night and had to run this morning to a doctor's appointment. Tapped this on and, voila!
I looked like I had a great night of sleep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite concealer of all time. I have terrible dark circles and this does the best job at covering them. I only need to use a tiny amount to cover them and it stays put all day. It doesn't crease or settle into lines. The product comes out a bit creamy but then it sets and won't budge. If you apply too much it'll become cakey, but because of the great coverage you don't need to use much. I really had to get used to how little product I need with this. Because I need to use so little this looks very natural on.
I like that it has SPF because my eye area is definitely something I want to protect from wrinkle-causing-UV rays. Though because of the SPF it's not the best for flash photography. If I know I'm going to be taking pictures I'll use something without SPF, but for daily wear this is great.
I am fair skinned and use the lightest shade, which is a perfect match for me. I know there are many people with even paler skin though, so I don't think it would suit the palest skin. For people who need something lighter I'd recommend looking at collection 2000 as their lightest shade is lighter than this and the coverage is comparable.
Overall I think this product is very expensive but I think it's worth it due to the unrivalled coverage and staying power. I had a gift card so I didn't pay the full price, but I would buy it again for full price.